Hookah Freak

VDDZ

Post your reviews below for Hookah Freak Flavours. This includes all Lines and Varieties. This is for reviews only. Questions and comments should be posted in seperate threads. Non-review posts or parts of posts deemed not part of the review will be edited out by Mods. For ease of using the search engine, each review should start with: Hookah Freak (flavour)

Peach Cobbler:

Set Up:

Smiley's $15 Hookah
Ice water in the base
One quick light coal

Cut: Very fine cut. No stems.

Smell: Smelled awesome. Just like fresh cut peaches.

Smoke: The smoke was decent. Not the thickest but I can't complain.

Taste: Very light taste. Had a nice peach flavor.

Buzz: I never really got buzzed. It wasn't a long session though.

Duration: About 45 min. Could have went longer with another coal though.

Overall: 7/10
I wish the taste would have been a bit stronger. Other than that it was a great smoke.

Blueberry Pancakes:

Set up: Same as above

Cut: Same as above

Smell: Before I added the coals it had no hint of anything like blueberry pancakes. Then after I started heating it there was a strong, wonderful smell. It smelled like someone was really cooking blueberry pancakes.

Smoke: Nice thick smoke from start to finish.

Taste: I was really surprised with this taste. It was very good. Not very strong, but still good. It really did taste like blueberry pancakes.

Buzz: None

Duration: About an hour. My coal ran out after that. I probably could have thrown on another and kept it going.

Overall: 7/10 Nice flavor. I wish the taste was stronger. Overall I enjoyed it. Edited by Drake BBNR

• 5 months later...
Hookah Freak X-Tasty

Smell: Well this is sort of hard to describe if you want the individual smells that are in it. i asked my sister to help me come up with what was in it or what it smelled like and we both came to the conclusion it smelled like fruit by the foot, the basic multicolored one that comes if you buy one of those bulk packs at costco/sams club. little bit of citrus and some cherry if im not mistaken along with some other ones im not positive.

Cut: Shredded and small like all the other HF flavors, well just like HH if you want to compare it to the same maker. perfect amount of juice.

Smoke: Thick with little effort. i did basically all i normally do but it needed a little more heat like HH so i put on my wind cover and big thick clouds came out nicely, complete whiteout which sucked as i was watching a movie on my iPod (The Pianist if you want to know, if you have not watched this movie before you MUST go out and rent it it is a great movie that you have to watch)

Buzz: None, sad since they list it as .5% but i never trust the covers of HH or HF anymore

Amount(approx)/Duration: Well i started around 10:00 PM and it was going strong well after 2 hours, in the last hour the mix of flavors cut out and the smoke began to die out but this was mainly due to the fact i didnt want to put another coal on, i put on a jp coal and it went back up into decent clouds quickly.

Flavor: Well i went through this and tried to analyze what was in the shisha exactly but i could not come up with all the flavors due to my limited shisha trys so far. There was orange, cherry i believe (never tried it before), very light mint im certain about, and possibly a little strawberry. overall a good flavor mix but it does get tiring after 2 hours. in the 3rd hour all the other flavors went away and i was left with an orange flavor that was not to say harsh but bitter like a real orange peel. was a nice ending to it sort of but it did get boring rather quickly.

Overall the flavor was good, the clouds great with minimal effort and the duration was good also, chances are i could get a lot more and longer flavor if i used a phunnel bowl but i am using the mod bowl that came with my hookah.

Rating: 8.5/10 i took away a point for the long "bitter" orange flavor at the end and .5 for the fact that HH lies about the nicotine percentage. a few more HF to try which nazarhookah has so ill be adding more in the future to here. hopefully more people who bought will review this maker.

Hookah Freak Dazed & Confused

Smell: Reminded me a lot of a pina colada with a little something else. smelled more like pineapple

Cut: Shredded and small like always from HH/HF flavors

Smoke: Thick and easy to manage with wind cover. Very easy to get this to smoke and take a bit to get it harsh.

Amount(approx)/Duration: i only smoked it about 30 minutes then quit and went to try another. hated the flavor

Flavor: Started strong like a pineapple for a while then after a bit it changed to well fruitloops lime which i absoultely hate. gave it a little bit to see if it would go away but it didnt so i just dumped it and put in another flavor.

Overall i hated it the flavor was nasty when it hit the lime stage. smoke was thick and cool but nasty flavor.

Rating: 2/10

• 1 month later...
Hookah Freak Pippen's Spiced Rum

Smell: Nice, smells spicey and sweet not over powering smell of alcohol like HookahHookah's Jamaican Rum flavor.

Cut: Shredded and small, perfect consistancey of juice.

Smoke: Thick and flavorful.

Buzz: Had a major headache after smoking this.

Amount(approx)/Duration: Used a 50 gram phunnel, tobacco lasted two sessions of about two-three hours each.

Flavor: Sweet and spicey, not an overbearing flavor of alcohol, great flavor will purchase again, great job hookahhookah.

Rating: 10/10

• 2 months later...
Hookah Freak AppleJax

Set-up: Mya Vortex with small phunnel and mod. Just water in the base

Smell: smells like cinnamon

Cut: Shredded and and very juicy

Smoke: Thick clouds and good taste.

Buzz: little buzz.

Duration: Around an hour and a half in small phunnel with mod

Flavor: just like apple cinnamon. very good taste imo. Others smoking on it also enjoyed it.

Rating: 9/10 Edited by waterboi

• 5 weeks later...
HookahFreak Banana Split

Setup: MYA QT with standard bowl and KM thick hose. Single foil sheet and one 3K QL broken in half. Smoked for about 30 minutes after I got it started.

Cut: typical HH style finely shredded tobacco. The top layer was fairly dry as the flavoring had settled a bit, but a quick stir got all the tobacco nice and wet again

Smell: Not bad, but definitely NOT banana split. A hint of vanilla and cinnamon.

Smoke: Thick, fluffy, white clouds

Flavor: Mostly vanilla, hints of chocolate, cinnamon, and clove.

All in all not a bad smoke, just not quite accurate to the description. I happen to really like savory flavors such as this one, but if you are expecting a sugary sweet flavor, this might disappoint.

Rating: 6.5/10

• 2 weeks later...
basic setup: two hose mitsuba(see pic in albulm) with screen and a few coals

smoked it several times now, I have a big tub of it and love it.

The smoke was really thick for the most part.
The flavor: If you like grape soda, this is for you. Other than that, I could taste a little jasmin and maybe rum. I give the flavor 10/10, but then again I drink grape pop everyday.
the buzz: depends, 1 coal gives me none or a tiny one. 2-3 coals gives me a mild buzz, occasional good buzz. If blended with any other shisha, it gives me an incredible buzz.
Burns good, doesn't "turn to glass" and the flavor lasts

I give it an 8/10 would have been a 10, but the buzz factor got me there

• 2 weeks later...
Hookah Freak Long Island Ice Tea

Set-up: Several different hookahs with lemmon wood coals and instalight coals. Just water in the base, but also have had juises.
Cut: Fine and even. Nice and wet, but not soaking.
Smell: Alcholoic. Thats about all I can say, it smells like a long island ice tea.
Smoke: Thick, white, puffy, and lusious.
Buzz: Quite a bit.
Duration: With regular bowl, last about an hour.
Flavor: Citrusy, one of the best flavors I have ever smoked. Mixes well with everything I have tried. You can taste the differnt alcohol flavors.
9.5/10
One of the best flavors I have ever had. It is my staple flavor.

• 1 month later...
Hookah Freak Honeysuckle

Hookah: 30" Egyptian 3 Hose
Bowl: Ultimate Combo Bowl
Screen/Foil: Screen
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Golden Quicklights
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Brown, most clumped together in balls, with more stem than I prefer
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: It smells really good, but not a scent I would call "Honeysuckle"
Taste: The taste is good, it has a simple sweet flavor that is just great, but nothing that would have made me think Honeysuckle.
Smoke: Hard Start, with my normal heat, after adding more coals good white smoke.
Duration: ~60 Minutes

Purchased From: hookahhookah.com

Overall: Great flavor, average smoke 7/10

Hookah Freak Ambrosia

Hookah: 30" Egyptian 3 Hose
Bowl: Ultimate Combo Bowl
Screen/Foil: Screen
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Golden Quicklights
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Brown, most clumped together in balls, with more stem than I prefer
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Honey & Glycerin
Smell: It smells really great, like a delightfully fruit smell
Taste: The taste is great a delightful combination of fruit flavor, that definitely makes you think it's the fruit of the gods
Smoke: Good White Smoke
Duration: ~60 Minutes

Purchased From: hookahhookah.com

Overall: Great flavor, average smoke 8/10

Hookah Freak 'The Dude' (White Russian):

Appearance: Brown and really finely cut. It kind of reminded me of Pipe Tobacco.

Smell: Strong hazelnut smell with a hit of liquor.

Setup: 30" Egyptian Pharoah. Nammor hose, which I switched to Cobra half way through, Ice and H20 in the vase with a splash of Coffee Liquor. Golden quicklight coals and a Small Phunnel Bowl.

Smoke: Light to Moderate clouds on the Nammor. Thick White clouds on the Cobra

Taste: A lot like hazelnut and chocolate. A bit like Kaluah, but I tasted more hazelnut. Still... really good taste! Got harsh toward the end though.

Duration: 60 Minutes.

Buzz: No buzz.

Score: Got a bit harsh when I switched to the Cobra, but it was still an enjoyable smoke. I would keep this flavor around for sure, and not just because I'm a huge Big Lebowski fan... Man...

8.5/10

• 5 weeks later...
HOOKAH FREAK VANILLA MOJITO

Hardware: Mya Paragon, Mya hoses & standard bowl, Argeelah foil, lemonwood coal

Base Liquid: Cold distilled water

Cut: Fine cut, dark brown. Very juicy. Zero stems/chaff to pick out. Typical Hookah Freak.

Aroma: Creamy, natural vanilla. Very slight mint aroma.

Taste: This one was very interesting. Vanilla was the main flavor while pulling at first, but then the cool mint came on at the back of my tongue and throat. Neither flavor overpowered the other. It was almost like smoking each flavor separately -- they didn't really overlap. Moderately sweet. My new favorite flavor from HF.

Smoke: Thick – very good

Buzz: Moderate

Duration: 60 minutes

Overall: 10/10

HOOKAH FREAK WIPE OUT

Cut: Fine cut, dark brown. Very juicy. Zero stems/chaff to pick out. Typical Hookah Freak.

Aroma: Primarily pineapple. Some faint hints of green banana and coconut.

Taste: A nice tropical blend with a pineapple core. As the session went on, the fruitiness toned down a bit and the flavor became more nutty/toasty. Towards the end, it developed flavors almost like caramel popcorn.

Buzz: Low to moderate

Overall: 9/10

• 2 weeks later...
HOOKAH FREAK BIG APPLE

Aroma: Smooth, mild apple aroma; like apple pie filling. Less acidic smell than other brands

Taste: Green apple seemed to be the primary flavor. Nicely tangy, almost like green apple candy. Had a background taste of earthier, darker flavors with medium sweetness. Overall, quite natural-tasting. A very interesting and well-executed apple blend.

Buzz: Low to moderate

Overall: 9/10

HOOKAH FREAK MIAMI VICE

Aroma: Slightly sour pineapple, with a hint of coconut

Taste: The pineapple comes through nicely in this blend. It tasted like those jellied pineapple candies that are rolled in shredded coconut. Some background taste of pear/papaya/banana. Slightly sweeter than other Hookah Freak blends, but well-balanced by a little more acidity. Towards the end of the session, also noticed some toasty caramel corn flavors (like HF's Wipe Out blend).

Smoke: Very thick

Buzz: Moderate

Overall: 9.5/10

• 2 months later...
HOOKAH FREAK cherry vanilla float

first off wanna thank jonathan at sahara smoke for sending me this in a review package

Hardware: km majestic,nammor hose,windcover bowl,ahkla coals

Base Liquid: ice and water

Cut: Typical Hookah Freak.

smell: smells of cherry and vanilla

Taste: taste on this was interesting.it ran a gambit of different tastes.sometimes i got just cherry,sometimes i got cherry and vanilla which tasted of cherry vanilla coka to me,and sometimes i got hints of citrus and it made it taste like cherry sprite.

Smoke: decent clouds

Buzz: zero

Overall: 7/10

good flavor but just such a random assortment of flavors thru out some people might not like it.

video review coming but i dont have my camera and want to get the ball rolling on these reviews for johnathan and sahara smoke

• 1 month later...
Hookah Freak Peppermint Schnapps

Setup: KM Amer, Razan hose, standard bowl, foil, 3Kings QLs

Base: Ice Water

Cut: dark, finely shredded tobacco

Smell: minty

Taste: I was expecting the mint to totally overwhelm this flavor, but Hookah Freak has done a really good job with this flavor. You can taste the mint, certainly, but you also get the tang of the alcohol and botanicals in schnapps. I'm not a huge fan of pure mint flavors, so this was a nice mix for me.

Smoke: Got it smoking real well for about 10 minutes, but since I was smoking inside and watching TV, I didn't do as good a job on the heat management as I usually do. With proper heat management you can get decent clouds from Hookah Freak.

Duration: 90 minutes

Overall: 8/10. This certainly wouldn't be an every day smoke for me, but I could see it being my first choice if and when I wanted something minty. Definately recommended for people who aren't big on mint but are still interested in trying it. Also, Hookah Freak is a bit fickle with smoke, since it is a drier tobacco. Active and proper heat management is required.

• 2 months later...
Hookah Freak Apple Jacks

Setup: Mya Gyro , 2 pc Al-Ajdad coal

Base: Ice Water

Cut: Fine cut,very dark and not too juicy but not dry.

Smell: Strong apples

Taste: Apples and what I thought to be cinnamon,hence the name,but couldnt really make it out for sure.

Smoke: Got it smoking real well for about 10 minutes, but since I was smoking inside and watching TV, I didn't do as good a job on the heat management as I usually do. With proper heat management you can get decent clouds from Hookah Freak.

Duration: 40 minutes

Overall: 8/10. Pretty good flavor but not something I want to smoke forever.Definitely a flavor to show off to friends.

• 3 months later...
Hookah Freak Snicker Doodle

Base Liquid:
Tap water

Appearance: Brown, medium wetness, no stems

Smell: Great! Smells just like a freshly baked cookie, like something you eat during the holidays (Thanksgiving/Christmas) has that cinnamon cookie dough with a slight hint of pumpkin pie.
Taste: As good as it smells, like eating fresh baked cookies all you need is a cup of milk!
Smoke: About 2 minutes after placing the coals, it was giving me great clouds which lasted for about an hour.
Buzz: Very little
Duration: 60 Minutes

Purchased From: http://www.hookah-shisha.com/

Overall: Awesome flavor, Great clouds 10/10 my new favorite!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
[b]Hookah Freak Long Island Iced Tea[/b]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya QT
[b]Bowl:[/b] HJ Alien Phunnel Bowl
[b]Screen/Foil: [/b]Reynolds HD
[b]Hose: [/b]Narbish v3
[b]Coals: [/b]Golden Quicklights, 3
[b]Base Liquid: [/b]Water

[b]Appearance:[/b] Brown, shredded and slightly wet.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] unknown
[b]Smell: [/b]Smells great; very citrusy. Like Minute Maid Citrus Punch
[b]Taste: [/b]Very good; tasted like a well mixed Long Island Iced Tea w/o the alcohol. As such, I really wanted to start drinking while smoking this.
[b]Smoke:[/b] I used 3 coals to start and finished off with a windcover. Great clouds all the way through; no harshness at all
[b]Buzz:[/b] None
[b]Duration:[/b] ~75 minutes

[b]Purchased From:[/b] hookahhookah.com

[b]Overall:[/b] Great taste, great clouds 9/10