Can I Smoke Hookah-intended Tobacco In A Tobacco Pipe?

I've never smoked hookah before.

My boyfriend and I were poking around a smoke shop and came across some hookah tobacco. The flavors drew me in. I asked him if you could smoke it in a pipe, and he shrugged. It was $3 a box so we got it anyways. (A pack of cigarettes is $7+ here, yech.)

So what I've got is this simple glass handheld pipe/bowl. Please tell me it's safe to smoke it this way. (We got mango. It smells delicious.)

THanks! -Pocket

I wouldn't reccomend it...

Hookah tobacco isn't meant to be burned, only heated, so smoking it in a pipe would give you really harsh, disgusting smoke.

There're some cheap hookah pipes if you're willing to invest in one!

That dosen't sound like a hot idea to me. Regular flavored tobacco and flavored tobacco meant for hookahs are two different things. Regular flavored tobacco is just that, tobacco with flavorings added. Hookah tobacco is tobacco with, in addition to flavorings, glycerin and either molasses or honey or sometimes corn syrup; which, like the others said, is meant to be heated rather than burned (like regular flavored tobacco is). If you try smoking it in a regular pipe it's gonna taste like acrid burning sugar and could ruin the pipe. Edited by Shavo989

Seriously, Glass pipe cost you what, $20-60? I mean there are exceptions, but when you consider that you can get a QT for like $40 and bigger hookahs for not much more if you wanna invest, that sounds like an awesome deal to me.

QUOTE (chipo @ Jan 15 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bsides a hookah is much more fun than pipe tobacco.. Who ever heard of inviting friends over to smoke pipe tobacco?

Shenanigans!

Pipe smoking for me is just as enjoyable as hookah. A few of my friends have pipe tobacco's and sometimes we'll hang out and smoke the ol Kilarney's instead of the hookah. Regardless for me both are great to have around smile.gif.

QUOTE (lilotaku @ Jan 15 2007, 01:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (chipo @ Jan 15 2007, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bsides a hookah is much more fun than pipe tobacco.. Who ever heard of inviting friends over to smoke pipe tobacco?

Shenanigans!

Pipe smoking for me is just as enjoyable as hookah. A few of my friends have pipe tobacco's and sometimes we'll hang out and smoke the ol Kilarney's instead of the hookah. Regardless for me both are great to have around smile.gif .

Oh, sorry smile.gif . i take that back then.. Though you must admit that hookah is much more of a social event than pipe smoking...

Just a thought....assuming u have a glass pipe....why not try packing the bowl, and then holding the lighter to the side of the pipe, so it kinda cooks the shisha like in a hookah (best to use a torch, BIC's will leave black spots of carbon).

I highly doubt this will work, but on the other hand I've never tried it.

hookah(period) haha whats you hookah you can't stop, i know once i tasted that flavor of deliciousness i was hooked! and when you have a hookah you learn so many new tricks, ring, bubble, french inhaling. its fun and delicious

Indeed. First time I smoked hookah was in May '06. Had to wait 6 months to try it again, a month after that, then finally I said "Screw this, I'm getting my own!" And here I am now smile.gif

QUOTE ([LB] @ Jan 16 2007, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i tried smoking shisha out of a bowl once and it was really rough and unpleasant and did not work

Like a cereal bowl? How did that work out? Were there Lucky Charms in there? Milk? I've heard about people putting milk in the jar for more smoke, but putting it in the bowl doesn't seem like a good idea! laugh.gif blink.gif

huh.gif

• 6 years later...