Smoking In A Car?

Is it bad for ones health to smoke in a car. Is there any danger with no fresh air and second hand smoke/no fresh air.com. Seems like it would get really smoky. We smoked in my two car garage, friends left, atleast 30 mins later the garage was still hazy. Edited by onehalfasia

QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jan 4 2007, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well keep a window cracked so the smoke will escape...you DO want to see where youre going right?? Other than that it would be fine

actually the smoke dissipates in the car very quickly. even if you "hot box" the car it wont get very hazy, if at all.
*note: ive done it several times.

QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jan 4 2007, 08:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well keep a window cracked so the smoke will escape...you DO want to see where youre going right?? Other than that it would be fine

I really hope he's not planning on driving with a lit hookah. I made a hookah to fit in my old car and it took alot of trial and error to get something that was safe and function for driving.

Onehalfasia, if you're worried about a 'hot box' effect then either crack the windows or turn on the fan and set it to outside air.

yeah smoke build up in a moving car with fresh air coming in (ie dont turn on recirculated air on your a/c and heating system) isnt a problem. I've done it alot, 26 hours straight in fact (colorado to tennnesse) and as long as youve got a passenger holding betwixed their legs everything should be fine, you shouldve seen the look on the kansas state troopers face when i blew a smoke ring at him as we passed!

I've done it before, while it was parked.

It doesn't get boxy... hazy, but not boxy is more like it. You know that you are sucking in the smoke, but it tastes like normal air with a hint of something extra. Open the windows, hop on the freeway, no more smoke or smell.

If you smoke in your car, take your ID with you so that when you get pulled over (if) you can prove that your 18 (if you look young) and then spend a few moments explaining to the Local Smokeys that what your doing is legit.

Don't smoke alone... have someone manage the coals and what not for you... drive like a normal person because you don't want to get in a wreck and have a hot coal land in your shorts!

Crack the windows... avoid car sickness and coal poisoning!

TAKE PICTURES!!!

I forget who said it, but someone said in a thread a while back that the first person whose car catches fire from this needs to post pictures about it. I still laugh out loud on that comment.

My buddy and I set his hookah inside his center compartment thingy in his bronco. We filled it with towels so the base wouldent move. Then we got foil and wrapped it around the bowl like a chimney which worked out well.

• 1 year later...
We did this in a friend's Trooper. We used a pumpkin ($20) and cut his center console to fit it perfectly.

You just need a long hose, and something to protect the coal. We used a piece of aluminum flashing (left over from work on my parents house) that we molded around the bowl. It was held together with metal tape and pop-rivets. biggrin.gif Lots of fun.

It's funny when campus 5-0 pulls you over. They didn't know what the hell it was; they called for another officer, and as luck would have it: he was from Iran.

dude i smoke in my van all day...we even got rolled up by 6 cop cars one time, they thought it was something else, it was hella fun!!

quote from that night: "Hey isnt this the BEST SMELLING Magic Bus youve ever smelt in YOUR LIFE?!??!!?"

LOL

This is right up my alley ( Pardon the pun) I smoke all the time in the car. Heres how we do it:

First off we use a Mya QT. Its heavy and never falls over. We have it as a 2 hose. Tricks to doing it.

First use a foil cover not the standard metal one. This way you can pinch all side in (4 sides) so it holds the coal in place. Other wise hit the gas the coal slides back hit the brakes and it slides forward. tunrs same problem.

As for smoke exhaling blow up ro to the side. Straight out blocks the car in front of you and you cant see his taillights. We open the sun roof just a bit. This let`s the smoke out so you do not look like Cheech and chong.

I actually get people at traffic light asking to try it once they realize its legal and just hookah. Many traffic lights are missed because of it. lol

So by al means open a window a bit so you can see easily and enjoy that traffic jam next time.

Oh ane last thing. Use cheap bowls so you can have a couple premade and ready to light.

QUOTE (GinsuGuy585 @ Jan 4 2008, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We did this in a friend's Trooper. We used a pumpkin ($20) and cut his center console to fit it perfectly.

You just need a long hose, and something to protect the coal. We used a piece of aluminum flashing (left over from work on my parents house) that we molded around the bowl. It was held together with metal tape and pop-rivets. biggrin.gif Lots of fun.

It's funny when campus 5-0 pulls you over. They didn't know what the hell it was; they called for another officer, and as luck would have it: he was from Iran.

this sounds awesome, moddin the console to hold a shisha, got to be the best mod to any car i will ever see or hear of, please send pics im tempted to try this....

pn another note, until this is done, how do you secure a shisha in a car while driving ??

Back when a friend and i went in on our first hookah together we could only smoke at this park. Usually we did it at the picnic tables, but on windy or cold days we would sit in his truck and do it. We got our setup and positioning down to a fine art tongue.gif

The best part was leaving the windows up and smoking out his truck. it was quite funny XD

QUOTE (Snoopy1966 @ Jan 7 2008, 07:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, then you look like the guys from Fast Times at Ridgemont High getting out of their VW, with all the smoke pouring out....lol

lol actually one of the only times we had a cop bother us we found out was cause someone though our car was on fire when we finally opened the windows tongue.gif

I smoke in the car weekly. I love it. I use my cage hookah and place it in the center council and puff away. Attention, yes it does get, smoke, yes I do get, and unfortunetly, this is the only time you will see me using quicklites other than Exoticas Finger Coals, until the Exotica quicklites come in!

I love smoking on long trips or meetings!