Vertical Coils

Chreees

Welp, I tried vertical coils for the first time...

and I love it. Juice is dripped directly through the drip top, and goes perfectly down onto the coils, and ultimately the drip well. My juice seems to last longer, flavor is better, and overall I am more satisfied with the vapor output. This is how I'll be building from now on! Works great on both my Mutation X v3 and Infinite CLT v2 Plus. 

My Prometheus tank uses vertical, but I never could get that tank to  work properly for me, not even in auto dripper mode. I have been thinking about REALLY boring out the wick hole and, effectively, converting the tank into a giant juice well, stuffed full of cotton. 

I just bought a Marquis dripper.  Pretty much a natural postion for vertical coils.  I'm excited about it.  And I've started building twisted coils instead of standard.  The flavor seems to be a lot better.

Edited by Chreees
Quote when it didn't need to be in a quote box.

I just bought a Marquis dripper.  Pretty much a natural postion for vertical coils.  I'm excited about it.  And I've started building twisted coils instead of standard.  The flavor seems to be a lot better.

​Just checked out that Marquis- I had seen it before, but never really paid attention to the deck. Pretty interesting design. Let me know how you like it!

Here's my vertical build on my CLT v2 Plus:

Really diggin' it!

I might have to try this. It looks like it would cut down "spitback" considerably. Spitback is the only thing that bothers me about my "goto" build.. What does that build Ohm out at? Looks like 6-7 wraps micro coil.. Did you use .26ga?

It does cut back on spitback. I've noticed none since I've been using verticals.

Yeah, 26g... Both vertical builds on my Mutation X v3 and Infinite CLT v2 Plus come out to .46, exactly the same. I did this so I could compare the two attys against one another.

I have a Doge V2 coming in vape mail, maybe I will try a vertical build on it. Although I am not sure I will be able to resist the temptation of slamming my usual dual parallel super sub ohm cloud chucking build in that bad boy.  Let's  see. 

So,  I decided to do a vertical build today. This baby is awesome. No spitback, and I'm in looooove. Built on a Patriot v2, so I had lots of room to build up cotton underneath in the well. 

The build is 3 strands of 34ga twisted, with a single strand of .4 flat twisted around that, dual vertical, 9 wraps, sitting at .7ohm. Currently at 28w/4.6v.

• Upvote 1