Used Liquor Bottles On Ebay?

Now, its just getting plain stupid.

We have put up with mislabled regular hookah tobacco pretending to be herbal. We've put up with water filtration devices being listed as hookahs (NHTD?? We gotta lift that ban if possible.)  now we have people selling used liquor bottles as possible hookah vases. For fucks sake if you gotta buy an empty rum bottle on Ebay you shouldn't be smoking hookah. :)

• 2 weeks later...

One of the things I love about this community is how serious folks are about hookah. There aren't many other places I can really knock knuckles with others about the finer points of hookah smoking. Dig it.

I haven't seen the exact bottles you're talking about, but let's give folks a break and let them smoke the way they want to, right? Personally, I've picked up some rad bottles off eBay (3L old school Budweiser bottle... 5L grey goose... etc) and find they're cool to have around at parties.

Regarding the HoboHookah, they aren't anywhere close to the Pumpkin. One of the things that may not be obious is these things are literally cut from a block of marine-grade aluminum (they make boats and aircraft out of the same material). The downstem is stainless steel. These are premium materials and that's part of the reason we can't sell these things for $20.

Also, it may not seem obvious now, but coming up with the best way to turn a bottle into a hookah was not easy. Took us 2 years and outside guidance from professional engineering firm. Will save that story for another day...

Anyway, you may not dig the device and that's cool. Everyone has their favorite setup. But there are lots of hookah fans out there who enjoy having something easy to setup, use, and travel with. It doesn't have to be your thing, but let's not push them out of the broader community here :)

One of the things I love about this community is how serious folks are about hookah. There aren't many other places I can really knock knuckles with others about the finer points of hookah smoking. Dig it.

I haven't seen the exact bottles you're talking about, but let's give folks a break and let them smoke the way they want to, right? Personally, I've picked up some rad bottles off eBay (3L old school Budweiser bottle... 5L grey goose... etc) and find they're cool to have around at parties.

Regarding the HoboHookah, they aren't anywhere close to the Pumpkin. One of the things that may not be obious is these things are literally cut from a block of marine-grade aluminum (they make boats and aircraft out of the same material). The downstem is stainless steel. These are premium materials and that's part of the reason we can't sell these things for $20.

Also, it may not seem obvious now, but coming up with the best way to turn a bottle into a hookah was not easy. Took us 2 years and outside guidance from professional engineering firm. Will save that story for another day...

Anyway, you may not dig the device and that's cool. Everyone has their favorite setup. But there are lots of hookah fans out there who enjoy having something easy to setup, use, and travel with. It doesn't have to be your thing, but let's not push them out of the broader community here :)

I bought a HoboHookah way back in 09 IIRC.  I haven't smoked it since just after that.  Because of your post, I'm going to take it out and see how it holds up to time.  I will report back gents.

So, it's like smoking out of a straw compared to a full size hookah but it's for sure way more portable than anything else you can get.  No complaining here in regards to a travel hookah if that's what you're looking for.  Wobbly as hell but I can make due.

N5agYb1.jpg?1

looks fine, nice to see that it's still fully operational after so long, any rust or anything like that gathered up?

As far as I could tell, there was rust at the bottom of the stem but pretty sure that was just random build up as it came right off.  Stem is perfectly clean otherwise.

Hobocans don't lie.  This thing is meant to last.

So, it's like smoking out of a straw compared to a full size hookah but it's for sure way more portable than anything else you can get.  No complaining here in regards to a travel hookah if that's what you're looking for.  Wobbly as hell but I can make due.

Good to see her still holding up.

What size Absolut bottle is that?

Good to see her still holding up.

What size Absolut bottle is that?

750ml IIRC.  The "normal" size.

• 4 weeks later...