Comcast Buys Time Warner

Chreees

This will have devastating consequences... Mergers such as this should not be allowed. Creates monopolies that brings competition down and drives prices up.

Looks like I'll be looking for a new Internet provider. There's been a service outage in our area for Time Warner past couple days anyway.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/13/comcast-time-warner-merger-customers_n_4780438.html

I already have comcast and my family is successful at haggling down the price of our service.

I absolutely hated their service. I was paying $114 for basic cable and a DVR box, and $50 for their shitty internet. They had a monopoly on the the area I was living in at the time. Internet was out half the time and the TV would do the damn emergency broadcasting shit ALL THE TIME! Not to mention shows disappeared from our DVR all the time, or they wouldn't record when we told them to. Very frustrating.

If ATT and T-Mobile merger got squashed... this one should too... Anti Trust laws and all that... God Help us if it goes through!