Lessons Learned

... and rarely the easy way.

1.)  If you have a hookah and children, eventually the two will collide at the most inopportune time.

2.) Coals and carpeting don't like each other

3.) If, after dropping a coal on the carpeting (see #2) or having it knocked off by your children (see #1), DO NOT attempt to reuse the dropped coal.

4.) Burning carpet residue on coals can be hard to notice, even as the rusults of inhaling it are not.

5.) "Projectile vomiting" is not just a catchy phrase, nor is it easy to clean out of a computer keyboard.

6.) Following a long smoking session with a bowl of straight Nakhla Mint to "clear the sinuses" is like gargling Vick's Vapor Rub to ease a sniffle. My sinuses went so much cleared as scrubbed raw.

[b]What have you learned?[/b]

I may have to resort to the mint sinus job myself. Feels like my upper teeth are about to explode out of my mouth. Oh, my lesson learned? Well, don't smoke expired Nakhla strawberry with a base full of ouzo . We can compair barf chunks!

Carpet Coals.........lol 

I've burned SO many holes in my carpet that it's going to cost me
around $1200 to replace the damn thing.  Fortunately I have Fire
insurance that will cover it,  but there's still that damn $250
deductable 

I never reuse carpet coals,  the smell IS nauseating 

• 3 years later...
Hmm, some things I've learned

1. Coals burn just as hot on the bowl as they do on carpet. Don't try to save the carpet with your hands.

2. "Air Tight Seals" Aren't

3. "Smokeless" coals Do.

4. The shisha will become harsh 2 seconds after the best tasting pull you've had.

5. Coals that burnt at the perfect temp and time yesterday, will not light today and will last half as long.

6. Hose grommits have side jobs as Ninjas, vanishing and reappearing at the oddest times.

My entire house is wood floors so one thing I have learned is that cheap carpets are made specifically to catch falling coals. By the time you have been smoking with the same carpet around for a while that carpet will have more "character" than any other carpet in town!

lessoned i learned, even if you tell a friend "watch out the hose is short" they dont understand what your saying.

next thing i know, theres a coal on the carpet

or on the better occasion

friend leans back, hookah tips, coal lands on his "hose" and starts burning through

his first reaction (besides extreme panic) was to start hitting it, sparks were flying like 5 feet out, ive never laughed so hard in my life