I Have A Few Questions For You Kind Folk

agunn1231

Most of you know I have been on the fence about vaping for quite a long time, when e-cigs were first getting popular, I had one and it wreaked havoc on my lungs, far worse than the cigarettes I was smoking did. I assume the technology has improved since then, any how, I was at a local shop that had an in-hoe brand of e-cig and of juice, talked with them for a while, and decided after saving up I may get myself and Hallie a set up, so I would like to know first off, the ones made by the local company, would they be worth the investment or should I look to some other company,the ones of their I was looking at are found here: http://www.deluxecig.com/delux-ego-650-ego-900-series-battery-kits/

Second off, as most of you know, I am far more parinoid than I have the right to be, and would like to be able to find a brand of juice that is vegan, the thing that throws me off with a lot of the brand s out there is when it just will state natural/artificial flavorings...I want to be sure I won't trigger any of my allergies with the flavors I decide to get. So, any recommendations on that front?

An E-go should serve you just fine Alex. As far as the vegan juice supply goes, I'm not even sure where to start on that one...Making your own juice is not difficult and is much cheaper in the long run. Maybe look into that? Wish I could be of more help.

Edit: You may want to change the atomizer out to something more user friendly such as a tank or a carto tank. I'm a big fan of the Kanger Pro Tank, and they are also relatively cheap and very easy to use.

Alex, you'd have to contact the makers of the juice individually to find out if you're allergic or not.

As far as the ego setup. those are great starters, for sure! I had an ego-T with a kanger TS3 tank on it and it got me hooked to vaping. I'll say this, some flavors were really harsh through it though. Honestly my dripper setup is WAY smoother than the tank setup was. I feel like the tanks don't offer much air flow and it gets a lot more harsh like that. That's just my opinion on it, but I haven't touched a tank since I drilled out my drippers holes.

The tanks are a LOT easier to use though, no building, etc. A lot of vape shops will let you try out vaping with "sample" setups. See if you can go in to a place and try out an ego setup and decide from there.

Unless you are using this as a cigarette replacement, I do not see any reason to not get into rebuildables. I think it is pretty fun and gives you much better performance. You can get a set-up for really cheap and do not really have to work about parts failing. If you and Hallie ever make it out this way, Jen and I could get you set-up.

Alex, you'd have to contact the makers of the juice individually to find out if you're allergic or not.

As far as the ego setup. those are great starters, for sure! I had an ego-T with a kanger TS3 tank on it and it got me hooked to vaping. I'll say this, some flavors were really harsh through it though. Honestly my dripper setup is WAY smoother than the tank setup was. I feel like the tanks don't offer much air flow and it gets a lot more harsh like that. That's just my opinion on it, but I haven't touched a tank since I drilled out my drippers holes.

The tanks are a LOT easier to use though, no building, etc. A lot of vape shops will let you try out vaping with "sample" setups. See if you can go in to a place and try out an ego setup and decide from there.

The place i linked you to is about an hour from my current location, and I should be able to try out the set up if i feel the need. I will keep an eye out for diferent juice to try, I have heard of a place called Virgin Vapor, they look promidsing, and have an apple and a vanilla flavor, which are about the only two flavors I am super interested in currently.

Unless you are using this as a cigarette replacement, I do not see any reason to not get into rebuildables. I think it is pretty fun and gives you much better performance. You can get a set-up for really cheap and do not really have to work about parts failing. If you and Hallie ever make it out this way, Jen and I could get you set-up.

Mainly intersted in flavor, as I quit smoking cigarettes a little over a year ago, also for something to do while driving....I would love to get into modding at some point.

How much would a whole setup cost? I've been thinking about getting into this as well... I could vape at work! :P

I might be getting a kit ofr myself and one for hallit with a variable voltage Ego battery, and a stardust tank, chargers cases, and three juice flavors for about $130 total, without the tobacco it would be $90 total, or about $45 for one. but you can pick up starter kits for reasonable prices as well

I might just have to stop in by a shop sometime. I know there's one closeby in Jackson, about 30 minutes away. There are several things that suck about moving back to my hometown, but how far away things are is probably number one.

well, with flavor, there's nothing that will give you more flavor than a rebuildable dripping atomizer (RDA)

I picked up my mechanical mod, a legit RDA, 4 batteries, and a intellicharge battery charger for just around 100. Rebuilds are CHEAP (buy the supplies online and you can have enough for up to a year for under $5

If you want help sometime message me on facebook and we'll chat. I can find you EPIC deals and point out some quality rigs.

The problem is it is just kind of personal preference. 

For starting out I would get:

Mechanical Mod (Go for a clone on fasttech) brass of silver contacts on a brass or SS body are preferred

Igo-W Atomizer (Get the legit one, not the clone on fasttech) and drill out the holes)

Batteries (there are three common sizes 18650, 18490, 18350 deciding on the battery aside from size is kind of complicated)

NiteCore Intellicharge

Wick (I like the ekowool 3mm)

Wire (I prefer 30 gauge but 28 gauge is popular as well, the lower the gauge the hotter it will be)

Small Wire cutters

Eyeglasses screw driver (either phillips or flathead depending on the atomizer)

Scissors

If you are not looking to rebuild there are plenty of other options but honestly, I think rebuilding is way easier than getting a hookah to smoke well. 

The problem is it is just kind of personal preference. 

For starting out I would get:

Mechanical Mod (Go for a clone on fasttech) brass of silver contacts on a brass or SS body are preferred

Igo-W Atomizer (Get the legit one, not the clone on fasttech) and drill out the holes)

Batteries (there are three common sizes 18650, 18490, 18350 deciding on the battery aside from size is kind of complicated)

NiteCore Intellicharge

Wick (I like the ekowool 3mm)

Wire (I prefer 30 gauge but 28 gauge is popular as well, the lower the gauge the hotter it will be)

Small Wire cutters

Eyeglasses screw driver (either phillips or flathead depending on the atomizer)

Scissors

If you are not looking to rebuild there are plenty of other options but honestly, I think rebuilding is way easier than getting a hookah to smoke well. 

Thank you. I think before I get too far over my head with rebuilding I need to make sure I enjoy the hobby, and that it doesnt fuck me up the way that the old generations of e-cigs did a few years back.