I Think This Is So Cool......

Rani

I'm not a huge social media fan, but business required I get more involved in Facebook.  One of my favorite pages is "Living Off the Grid", where people are embracing just that.   A life at least partially free from the influence of our greed focused lifestyle.  Some interesting stuff, like cob houses, etc.  Anyway, they came up with the following net page that has a great idea to heat up a room without having to do major damage to your heating bill.

http://www.naturalcuresnotmedicine.com/2013/11/heat-your-room-for-15-cents-day.html

'Rani

Being on the internet, especially Facebook, is very much on the grid...

As for that heating method, surely it produces carbon monoxide?

I'm sure.  But....... Probably not much, which is at least somewhat contained within the smaller pot,  and people burn candles all the time.  This is actually putting them to use.  And if you're talking about an area that doesn't have easy access to electricity for a space heater, or a gas vent, like say our winterized patio, then it seems a pretty good solution.

'Rani

By the way, there are actually people living OFF the grid using solar electric generators providing enough electricity to run a computer with wireless and not much else.  it can be done..........

'Rani

Being a huge hookah smoker, I don't think I would worry to much about carbon monoxide when the hole room is filled with smoke and burning charcoals. lol

• Upvote 1