Wtb Boho(S)

That_guy

How much were the bohos from HC when they first came out? Something like $60, and everyone complained about that price.

yeah and those were nizbors too. I believe the jumbos were like $5 more if I remember correctly. I got a solid amount of bohos from back then. Quite happy now lol.

Your So lucky! I wish i can have 1 blue nizbor Genie! When i go to the Czech republic i will scour everything for Nizbor bases! 

How much were the bohos from HC when they first came out? Something like $60, and everyone complained about that price.

yeah and those were nizbors too. I believe the jumbos were like $5 more if I remember correctly. I got a solid amount of bohos from back then. Quite happy now lol.

Your So lucky! I wish i can have 1 blue nizbor Genie! When i go to the Czech republic i will scour everything for Nizbor bases! 

Wish I would have known earlier that you wanted one.... I had two like 4 months ago.

their site is still up though 

So what?

I was told by multiple sources it went down. Can't remember if they just closed shop or if it burned down. But it makes sense since we have not seen nizbors imported in forever.

no argument there. I'm still shocked someone paid 160+ shipping for that shitty condition nizbor on ebay. the gold was completely fading and it probably had scratches. lol That being said, there are rarer and far better quality bohos out there than Nizbor. Ever heared of Kryf ? They are known for making the best Crystal vases in the czech republic but sometimes you can get lucky and see them pop up on ebay or craigslist or even in antique shops. Kryf isnt well known by the hookah community as well but their crystal work speaks for itself. If i ever find 1 of those Ill be set! Their clear Crystals shine almost like a diamond!  

I have heard of kryf and a few others, but I think it was the fact that nizbor actively made hookah vases regularly. Most other brands either used to and now don't or never did regularly produce hookah vases.

Like the Eggerman or however you spell it, crystal cut hookah vases are epic. But they are nearly impossible to find now.

Kryf used to make them sporadically but they pop up in antique shops a lot. Kryf bases look insane though They dont look like hookah bases they are works of art. Here's an example of a Kryf base! 

Mya bases are the closest thing to such intense crystal work and they cost 160-200+ on average. Well the premium crystal bases they make. Krys used to be 90-100 when they were around. But they aren't known for making hookah bases. they have a lot of actual vases with a 1.6-1.8" opening which somehoe fit hookahs perfectly but they probably weren't meant for hookahs. 

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

I saw that vase on ebay but the opening is too small.

Honestly, I love crystal cut vases, every ill collection needs one or two, but I still prefer a vase w/ art work on it. Etchings are cool but you can only do so many designs with etchings.

Interesting that we are just now hearing about Kryf...

Egermann bohos are cool and all, but I much, much prefer Nizbor or BJ Glassworks. The Egermanns I owned were too light and didn't seem to be as high quality.

Egermann bohos are cool and all, but I much, much prefer Nizbor or BJ Glassworks. The Egermanns I owned were too light and didn't seem to be as high quality.

Well Kryf isnt known for hookah bases They dont manufacture much to begin with. I'm not even sure if they're still in business to be honest. But there are many smaller companies that make hookah bases on special orders you'd be surprised.  As far as Egermann goes from what i seen im not a big fan of their bohos. I own a BJ glassworks and i love it! I hope somewhere in the future someone copies those old school  blue and gold Nizbor genies! 

Well Kryf isnt known for hookah bases They dont manufacture much to begin with. I'm not even sure if they're still in business to be honest. But there are many smaller companies that make hookah bases on special orders you'd be surprised.  As far as Egermann goes from what i seen im not a big fan of their bohos. I own a BJ glassworks and i love it! I hope somewhere in the future someone copies those old school  blue and gold Nizbor genies! 

I agree about the egermann, but what's funny is, the orange egermann I have that has the guy on the horse in the dessert, weighs like 4.7 lbs, one of the heaviest bell bohos I own. What is even funnier is I had the same vase in blue prior to the orange one, and it weighed like 2 pounds flat.

Egermann has bad QC it seems, some are epic, some are not (based on the various ones I have owned)

BJ glassworks does good art work, but their vases are far too light and their attention to detail is sub par compared to nizbor. As I said their art work is good, meaning it is clean and well executed, but it is simple. For instance, if you compare the filigree bj vs the filigree nizbor, while both look very nice, the bj uses a paint stroke that creates a simple basic brush stroke design. While the nizbor has small divits in the design that creates a much more detailed and visually appealing design.

Nizbor just does everything well. I have never owned a wobbly nizbor, designs are ALWAYS perfect, they are always a medium to heavy weight, the glass is a higher quality than the other options we have had, they use superior frost vs competitors, and they go one step up with all of their art work.