Coconut

Majid

I remembered having some delicious bowls of coconut in a lounge a while back and had a craving for it for a while. Checked the forum this morning to look for a review on nakhla coconut, couldn't find it. I decided to get some anyway. Went out of my way walking through the rain to get to the place that has some..Now i know why nobody smokes it..

Review : Nakhla Coconut

Setup: Non Brand but dependable hookah with normal plastic hose, medium size classic bowl.
3 Kings QL coals. Two on each side of the bowl. Normally i use one, but i had to add an extra coal to get it going at all.

Smell: Smells like coconut butter/coconut grease. Pleasing smell.

Cut:standard nakhla cut, not too many stems or well cut up small pieces of stem. However it was WAY too dry and sticky. Could hardly loosen it properly.

Smoke: Decent with 2 coals. Had to manage the hell out of the heat. Got hit with a taste after about 30 mins...i'd swear i just smoked paint thinner

Flavour: Good, nice mellow coconutty flavour. But it didn't last long, got harsh quickly even if i removed the coals for a minute or smoked with 3/4 of one coal.

Buzz: Not noticably heavy. Didn't hit me hard.

Duration: Only smoked it for about 30 mins before it was burned to a crisp. I purposely slightly underpacked the bowl just to make sure the dry ass tobacco wouldn't burn to much too..

Overal: Not a good idea..maybe i just got an old, dried out batch. Makes me wish i just bought some double apple again. i'd be smoking for 2 hours without ever getting harsh smoke..

• 7 months later...
Nakhla Coconut

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynold HD
Hose: Nammor
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, slightly sticky
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Coconut
Taste: Like I got real coconut in my mouth
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: Good
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Purchased From:
Hookah-Shisha.com

Overall:
10/10 Amazingly accurate Taste. I love it. It was a great session. Going to be ordering more. Great Taste and an amazing mixer!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Nakhla coconut

Hookah: Hour Glass
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: HD Reynolds
Hose: Homemade vinyl tube
Coals: Cocos
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Very gooey
Nicotine: .5%
Base: Corn Syrup/Glyc
Smell: Smells like coconut sun tan lotion.
Taste: great coconut taste, the only way to explain it is a buttery coconut flavor
Smoke: Awesome
Buzz: Typical Nakhla buzz
Duration: 1.5 hours

Purchased From: Distributor

Overall: I am not a huge fan of coconut so the flavor by itself gets an 8/10. As a mixer, for certain flavors I give it a 9/10 as a mixer. If you like coconut you will like this flavor for sure. Some said it was very floral but i did not get floral notes at all.

• 3 months later...
[size="5"]NAKHLA [color="#808080"]COCONUT

[/color][size="3"][color="#000000"]Hookah: Mya style chinese knock-off

Bowl: small mod. havana

Screen/Foil: generic NHD foil

Hose: Standard Mya

Coals: 3K quicklights

Base Liquid: Cold tap water, crushed ice

---------

Appearance: Typical Nakhla, coarse, brown, almost greasy, few stems

Smell: Like a coconut jelly-belly. More candy coconut, than artificial shmpoo smell, or real smell.

Taste: Like a mellowed out coconut coffee. Again, more like a jelly-belly than actual coconut, or anything else coconut for that matter. VERY subtle flavor.

Smoke: Medium medium large

Buzz: slight.

Duration: 30 minutes. I was not a fan, and didn't want to smoke the whole bowl. My friend has the rest now.

Purchased From: Local market.

Overall: Score 4/10. I like coconut, but I like it in punch in the face form. Not tickle me till I giggle form. Toooooo soft, buttery, candy like flavor for me. Almost lost flavor near the end of the half hour I was smoking it. I'm sure its a good flavor, but for anyone else with a pallete similar to mine, not work the 7 bucks I couldve bought more DA with.[/color][/size][/size]

• 11 months later...
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][color="#1C2837"][b]Nakhla Coconut[/b][/color][/size][/size][/font][/color]
[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][size=2][color="#1C2837"][b]
[/b][/color][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][b]Hookah:[/b] Old screw together Lebanese model
[b]Bowl:[/b] Can't remember...something Lebanese or Turkish
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] heavy precut foil[b]
Hose: [/b]Narbish v4
[b]Coals:[/b] CCN
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Nearly black, thick cut, relatively dry
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses (I guess)
[b]Smell:[/b] Very coconutty, like coconut oil
[b]Taste:[/b] Very distinctive coconut taste, sort of like roasted coconut or something vs fresh coconut meat.
[b]Smoke:[/b] OK for Nakhla, nothing huge
[b]Buzz: [/b]Minor
[b]Duration: [/b]Can't remember
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] Free from Chris! (IncubusRATM)
[b]
Overall: [/b]9/10. [/size][/font][/color][/size][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]Very nice stuff. It'd be a 10 if the flavor was more intense. It's kind of subtle.[/size][/font][/color][/size][/font][/color]