Nogoom Vs. Narbish

â€On

Misleading title, this isn't a showdown, I like both hoses. But, Jess asked to see them, so I figured I would do a comparison of the two Nogoom hoses I got to the one Narbish I got. The Nogoom's seem to have an inside that is a Fancy Hose. Comparing a fancy hose to it, they both pull about the same (the Nogoom might be a bit less restrictive, but not by much), but more importantly, the Nogoom has a similar "whistle" to the Fancy Hose. The pull between the Narbish and Nogoom is almost identical. There is a pretty good chance they are made by the same people (note the labels on them). Personally, I think I'm more of a fan of the Nogoom in terms of design and styling, but both are great hoses.

[url="http://imgur.com/a/thpXN"]Here be the pics! YARRRRR![/url]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/OIGT3h.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/BpIyAh.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8AktGh.jpg[/img]

always good yah we have a narbish hose its ok ghosts pretty quick with any flavor compared to most never used a nogoom i'll have to look into one or two but yah good to have ty thanks :)

Nogoom automatically wins for me due to the no hoseport handle, and I haven't even tried one yet! I do like the Fancy hoses, so maybe this will be the next hose I pick up... Thanks for the pics, Ty!

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1341561240' post='550934']
Nogoom automatically wins for me due to the no hoseport handle, and I haven't even tried one yet! I do like the Fancy hoses, so maybe this will be the next hose I pick up... Thanks for the pics, Ty!
[/quote]

Yeh, the hose port handles are so friggin useless, and annoying, haha. Add unnecessary weight to the whole setup.

@Ty: How's the grip on those nogooms? The handle looks slippery.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1341566778' post='550940']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1341561240' post='550934']
[/quote]

@Ty: How's the grip on those nogooms? The handle looks slippery.
[/quote]

It's actually not bad. What the pictures don't really show is that it's leather (or a leather-like material) on the handle, and there is just some shiny stuff wrapped in strips. It doesn't feel slippery by any means.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1341591424' post='550953']
Hoses look really good, glad to see another alternative on the market. Be sure to let us know how they hold up.
[/quote]

Will do. It's tough to say at this point, but it seems like everything on them is going to hold up just fine. Because of the lack of "string wrap" like on the narbish, it's unlikely it will "uncoil" or whatever. I can see them being a bit more durable.

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1341598345' post='550961']
Slippery handles? What kind of situation are you in where you need optimal grip?

Do you wear gloves while you smoke for a more high performance experience?
[/quote]

Always. You never know when a strong wind, or a bear, is going to come through your smoking experience and try and steal your hose.

Haha yeah grip is a much needed thing while smoking in Canada you never know what's happening

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?3nin1z
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1341596644' post='550959']
It's actually not bad. What the pictures don't really show is that it's leather (or a leather-like material) on the handle, and there is just some shiny stuff wrapped in strips. It doesn't feel slippery by any means.
[/quote]

Thanks. Good to know. :)

Slippery handles? What kind of situation are you in where you need optimal grip?

[/quote]

Quite the contrary Sir. I prefer my hose slippery. :D
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1341609393' post='551000']
[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1341596644' post='550959']
[/quote]

Thanks. Good to know. :)

[/quote]

Quite the contrary Sir. I prefer my hose slippery. :D
[/quote]

Win.

On a more serious note, I love the Nogoom hose. Smokes great, doesn't ghost, the handle I actually I like, and its very durable. I recommend!