Petition To Veto The National Defense Authorization Act Of 2012

Click this link and sign the petition for vetoing the National Defense Authority Act. First they started stripping our freedoms boldly with the Patriot Act and now this will allow American citizens with the faintest and unspecified "connections" to terrorism to be jailed by the military without the due process of law. Also, it authorizes a stronger and un needed military police presence in America.

Finally they're sneaking in the building of a pipeline from Canada down to the Gulf of Mexico that many environmentalists say will be the death knell to this hemisphere's climate. They exaggerate the amount of jobs to be created by this when in reality it would only be a handful of temporary jobs!

Look at the lack of integrity of this bill and SIGN THE PETITION! This is for your's and mine's future liberties and freedom to live in a suitable environment! C'mon! As a nation we can't afford to sit by this. Participate in your future, Generation Facebook!

[url="https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/veto-national-defense-authorization-act-2012-several-provisions-bill-pose-threat-civil-liberties/GLfhBn6D?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl"]https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/veto-national-defense-authorization-act-2012-several-provisions-bill-pose-threat-civil-liberties/GLfhBn6D?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl[/url]

I'm with you on killing the NDAA, but we need the pipeline.

There are tens of thousands of miles of pipelines crisscrossing the country already. This one won't have an impact large enough to measure.

[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]"All persons arrested and detained according to the provisions of section 1031, including those detained on U.S. soil, whether detained indefinitely or not, are required to be held by the [/size][/font][/color][url="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Armed_Forces"]United States Armed Forces[/url][color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]. The requirement does not extend to U.S. citizens."[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=sans-serif][size=3]^^^^ sure does sound like it applies to Legal US citizens to me.[/size][/font][/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1323994661' post='533156']
I'm with you on killing the NDAA, but we need the pipeline.

There are tens of thousands of miles of pipelines crisscrossing the country already. This one won't have an impact large enough to measure.
[/quote]

I'm rather late. But if the pipeline won't have much of an impact and will only provide temporary jobs and a select few permanent positions why do we need the pipeline so badly? All I'm seeing is short-term gains and yet another source for us to rely on oil.

and I have signed the petition linked and called my senators multiple times now.

But that's what our American government is all about- short term (mostly) solutions that the next president will just throw out anyway! :lol:

I feel as though if Bush hadn't thrown away Clinton's hard work, we'd be a lot better off right now. Clinton's plans were long term solutions that should have been kept.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1325208965' post='534151']
But that's what our American government is all about- short term (mostly) solutions that the next president will just throw out anyway! :lol:

I feel as though if Bush hadn't thrown away Clinton's hard work, we'd be a lot better off right now. Clinton's plans were long term solutions that should have been kept.
[/quote]

agreed. clinton for president