A Proper Intro Topic

Moose

As you can see, I'm Moose. I frequent a few boards on other sites, and since I'm on here, might as well post here every once in a while as well (besides the obvious posting relating to hookah I've been doing since I joined).
I guess in short I'm a twenty one year old skinny guy, who likes tea, fucking around on the internet, music, vidja gaems, and of course, hookah. After getting out of school, I had no plans, and decided to go to the recruiters (US services). Navy took me on to be trained as a Nuclear Technician (high ASVAB score and such nonsense), but things fell through when I took a psych eval while in Basic Training, and got diagnosed with a mild anxiety disorder. And of course, the Navy is over personnel budget right now, so... well... any reason to let someone go... So now I'll see how life goes, perhaps it'll turn out to be a good failure.

[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1309932971' post='514801']
As you can see, I'm Moose. I frequent a few boards on other sites, and since I'm on here, might as well post here every once in a while as well (besides the obvious posting relating to hookah I've been doing since I joined).
I guess in short I'm a twenty one year old skinny guy, who likes tea, fucking around on the internet, music, vidja gaems, and of course, hookah. After getting out of school, I had no plans, and decided to go to the recruiters (US services). Navy took me on to be trained as a Nuclear Technician (high ASVAB score and such nonsense), but things fell through when I took a psych eval while in Basic Training, and got diagnosed with a mild anxiety disorder. And of course, the Navy is over personnel budget right now, so... well... any reason to let someone go... So now I'll see how life goes, perhaps it'll turn out to be a good failure.
[/quote]

Welcome, MOOSE! Don't worry, you're still young enough that you can explore. Maybe see a guidance counselor at a Community College and take some tests to determine where your interests lie. Some of the tests are corny, "I would rather A) plant vegetables or B) fix a flat tire." BUT some are pretty good. It was the Navy's loss, trust me, you are no failure. Did you like the military lifestyle? With a high ASVAB score, could you consider the Air Force or Coast Guard? ANYWAY just explore, take it easy and usually that's when the answers come to you. I was in the Army, loved it, changed my major 100 times, finally pursued a degree in Criminal Justice/psychology, became a police officer, got deployed to Iraq, stayed in Kuwait as a contractor, lost that job, married a Kuwaiti and am now teaching 1st grade! LOL! LIke a pinball, bouncing off of paddles and thru little holes until you find what you like to do. I am on summer break, always here to talk!

[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1309940320' post='514818']

Welcome, MOOSE! Don't worry, you're still young enough that you can explore. Maybe see a guidance counselor at a Community College and take some tests to determine where your interests lie. Some of the tests are corny, "I would rather A) plant vegetables or B) fix a flat tire." BUT some are pretty good. It was the Navy's loss, trust me, you are no failure. Did you like the military lifestyle? With a high ASVAB score, could you consider the Air Force or Coast Guard? ANYWAY just explore, take it easy and usually that's when the answers come to you. I was in the Army, loved it, changed my major 100 times, finally pursued a degree in Criminal Justice/psychology, became a police officer, got deployed to Iraq, stayed in Kuwait as a contractor, lost that job, married a Kuwaiti and am now teaching 1st grade! LOL! LIke a pinball, bouncing off of paddles and thru little holes until you find what you like to do. I am on summer break, always here to talk!
[/quote]

Impressive pinballism...
As far as the military life goes, my father is a retired Marine, so I'm used to moving around, and was looking forward to it, along with the Navy obviously giving more on duty travel. Although in basic having everything folded it's own way and kept in it's own place and orientation was getting annoying x_x

[quote name='Moose' timestamp='1309964144' post='514845']
[quote name='Scrappydoo' timestamp='1309940320' post='514818']
[/quote]

Impressive pinballism...
As far as the military life goes, my father is a retired Marine, so I'm used to moving around, and was looking forward to it, along with the Navy obviously giving more on duty travel. Although in basic having everything folded it's own way and kept in it's own place and orientation was getting annoying x_x
[/quote]

The bad thing IS, once you start doing your clothes that way, you can't stop! LOL!