Shower Head Help

Sapphire

[size="3"][color="#0000ff"]Hubby wants a High Pressure / Hand held shower head for christmas. He is too tall for a regular one and has to squnch down in the shower all the time.
But I have no idea how to tell what is "high pressure" and what is normal or low.

Anyone got any info on this? Or know of any really great shower heads? I am looking for a NICE one. My budget is up to 120.00 for it.
[/color][/size]
[img]http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss26/CSBDan/Smilies/shower.gif[/img]

check this site out:

http://www.highpressureshowerheads.com/high-pressure-shower-head-faqs.htm#powerful

It might give you some idea.

[size="4"][color="#0000ff"]AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!!!

Love it! I think I have seen that once before , but I still get a kick out of it.[/color][/size]

A really good shower head I have is the Waterpik. Got it from Wal-Mart a couple years ago for like $15-20. It's like this one, except mine's chrome and blue: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&expIds=17259,26425,26637,27357,27404,27447&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=waterpik+shower+heads&cp=9&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=6476070821484618356&ei=ZSfTTKbNOoH58AbLvegg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=5&sqi=2&ved=0CEwQ8gIwBA#

It's has good pressure. And it sits up higher than a normal head would. And it's detachable. Hmmmmm, yeah, I don't think it does much more than that. Oh! It's got the different massage settings as well. :P

When I lived at home, we had this in our downstairs bathroom: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?hl=en&expIds=17259,26425,26637,27357,27404,27447&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&q=waterpik+shower+heads&cp=9&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=4225473278817683290&ei=ZSfTTKbNOoH58AbLvegg&sa=X&oi=product_catalog_result&ct=image&resnum=3&sqi=2&ved=0CEQQ8gIwAg#

Man, it's like you're taking a shower in the rain! It's pretty much epic... Can't go wrong with either of those, IMO.

Most shower heads have a 2gpm (or whatever the standard is now) orifice in the shower head just inside where you thread it onto the pipe in your shower. That can typically be removed and enlarged with a drill to give you higher pressure/flow from a standard shower head. I have a really nice rainfall style shower head that was so-so until I drilled out the orifice. Just look for something that looks like a washer, but is made from (usually) hard plastic. Don't remove the actual gasket, or the shower head will leak.

[quote name='Sapphire' timestamp='1288708979' post='487103']
[size="3"][color="#0000ff"] I am looking for a NICE one. My budget is up to 120.00 for it.[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Sapp, can [b]I[/b] be your hubby?! 120$ for a shower....
-melts-

[url="http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/group_resultBuyOnline.jsp?&parent_item_number=Handshowers+-+Showerheads%2C+Handshowers+%26+Bath+Spouts&category=4003&nsubsection=3&nsection=7&nonline_subsection=4003"]Kohler webbie[/url]
^ check this out. Kohler is a great company, quality products. You can always test out things from Wal-Mart!

[quote name='Miss Crafted' timestamp='1288914331' post='487298']
[quote name='Sapphire' timestamp='1288708979' post='487103']
[size="3"][color="#0000ff"]I am looking for a NICE one. My budget is up to 120.00 for it.[/color][/size]
[/quote]

Sapp, can [b]I[/b] be your hubby?! 120$ for a shower....
-melts-

[url="http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/group_resultBuyOnline.jsp?&parent_item_number=Handshowers+-+Showerheads%2C+Handshowers+%26+Bath+Spouts&category=4003&nsubsection=3&nsection=7&nonline_subsection=4003"]Kohler webbie[/url]
^ check this out. Kohler is a great company, quality products. You can always test out things from Wal-Mart!
[/quote]

Lol.. Well it was 120.00 for his birthday gift in general. But I know he has wanted a really nice shower for a long long time, so I figured since we are getting the new house and he gets his own bathroom cave...lol... I will get him the best shower head ever! I know I may loose him in there for hours at a time now but hey... thats normal anyway . LOL!

[quote name='Sapphire' timestamp='1288964415' post='487321']

Lol.. Well it was 120.00 for his birthday gift in general. But I know he has wanted a really nice shower for a long long time, so I figured since we are getting the new house and he gets his own bathroom cave...lol... I will get him the best shower head ever! I know I may loose him in there for hours at a time now but hey... thats normal anyway . LOL!
[/quote]

Well, based off of late night talks with some of my female co-workers...he may lose YOU for a couple hours if you get the right shower head...my roomate could have multiple orgasms with hers....

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1288974413' post='487326']
[/quote]

Well, based off of late night talks with some of my female co-workers...he may lose YOU for a couple hours if you get the right shower head...my roomate could have multiple orgasms with hers....
[/quote]

If anyone knows anything about pleasure from a shower head, it's Tyler.

[quote name='gruver' timestamp='1288907915' post='487288']
Most shower heads have a 2gpm (or whatever the standard is now) orifice in the shower head just inside where you thread it onto the pipe in your shower. That can typically be removed and enlarged with a drill to give you higher pressure/flow from a standard shower head. I have a really nice rainfall style shower head that was so-so until I drilled out the orifice. Just look for something that looks like a washer, but is made from (usually) hard plastic. Don't remove the actual gasket, or the shower head will leak.
[/quote]

Yep, yep.... You don't have to drill it out though. A pair of needle nosed pliers and a good hard tug will usually do it. (Plumbing PM over here, lol.....) Note also that your water pressure will vary depending on what time of day it is. There are pumps within the pressurized water mains that keep the pressure at a certain level for high use times, like mornings and drop it down other times, like mid-day The closer you live to a fire hydrant, the more stable the pressure remains because they have to maintain a minimal pressure, usually at least 50 gpm depending on municipality.. (I have one on my corner about 20 feet from my water valve, yippee!) So you want to test the shower during a time when the pressure is higher. You'd be surprised how many people put in a new shower head in the evening, are disappointed, and then pleasantly surprised the next morning when they turn it on during the higher demand/pressure times.

'Rani

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1288978117' post='487336']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

u get no pleasure and no head

[quote name='Tyler' timestamp='1289004356' post='487366']
[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1288978117' post='487336']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

u get no pleasure and no head
[/quote]

bitch puhleaze

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/fuckyou.gif[/img]

<3

LOL!!! what.. you don't think I havent thought of that already? Its like killing 2 birds with one stone! But I has to have a long reaching hose on the hand held cause I prefer the tub.

[IMG]http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/BJ_BOBBI_JO9/Bathing%20and%20Hygiene/Bath3.gif[/IMG]