"Nub" Moves...

When it just started to get warm out me and a few friends decided to go down to the docks on the lake by us. Water was too cold to swim but its still nice to go smoke here. set up the hookah, packed the bowl nicely, went to put the bowl on top.....no grommet, also forgot the grommets for both the hoses. Fail. Luckily i had an abundance of paper towels in my bag and i managed to wrap them right. It all ended up fine, but still, nubs.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a few years back, my ex and i used friend's hookah and shisha to smoke out of it. at the time, there was very little strawberry (no clue what the brand was) shisha, so of course, we decided to mix it with regular tobacco that one would roll their own cigarettes with. and it was horrible. worst idea ever.

one time at this janky hookah bar back home, my friend was being dumb and blew into the hookah really hard, causing it to break and explode water everywhere.
and another time the same friend completely knocked over one of these hookahs...at the same bar.

my friend and i sometimes put one unlit quicklite on top of a dying, lit quicklite and then proceed to smoke it while it is lighting. generally, sparks go everywhere and it tastes horrible...now i know that it is bad for you if you do that...

Ugh! I pulled my first nub move yesterday.

I was 60 minutes into a great session with some Blue Mist. I had a 2nd pair of QLs ashing nicely in the tray.

In a moment of sheer brilliance (sarcasm), I decided to clear the tray of all the ashes. I placed the two new coals on top of the bowl and then tried to remove it. It was, not surprisingly, extremely hot.

So, after burning myself I had an even more brilliant idea to use the charcoal tongs to move it from the pipe to the table. I gently lifted the bowl and motioned towards the table when, suddenly the bowl slipped out of the tongs and bounced on the concrete pad (I was outside).

FRAK!!!

I quickly picked it up, ignoring the pain, and replaced it on the hookah.

I finished the session with no adverse effects, but on later inspection I found that I had fractured my 3 week old Tangiers small phunnel. [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif[/img]

Two lessons learned for this nub; 1) Wear a frakking glove when handling a hot bowl. 2) Tangiers phunnels bounce on concrete.

Wow, I had another one.

I was home the other day stoked because I was getting ready to smoke a fresh bowl of Mizo Orange and Strawberry. After carrying my hookah from the kitchen to the living room, I went to insert the hose (leather) only to find there was no hose grommet. Now this irritated me because I knew I had put a grommet on the hose while I was in the kitchen. So I retraced my steps SEVERAL TIMES looking for the grommet and starting to get pissed because I couldn't find it. Finally I gave up and just got another grommet from the cupboard. Back in the livingroom, I put the grommet on, attached my hose, and kicked back ready to let a good session wash away the frustration of losing another grommet.

As I put the hose to my lips for my first pull, I noticed the mouthpiece seemed a little fatter than usual. Yep, I'd found my grommet.

1.I forgot to put my dog up and he jumped on the hose tipping over the hookah and burning the hell out of my carpet.
2.Put Grill Charcoal on the hookah when i first started smoking
3.I was smoking in the car and my friend rolled down the window
4.Hookah fell and i caught the charcoal with my hand - that hurt
5.Pretty much the hookah fell a lot starting out (i have stupid friends and my carpet suffered dearly)

Props to F16warbird for using "frak" !

1. During my first hookah experience at a friend's dorm-party we were re-packing the bowl so someone put the foil (WITH HEATED COALS) on the couch. Needless to say the couch had a huge burnt hole melted out of it.

2. Another time a friend and i tried mixing shisha with pipe tobacco and other herbals - sucky clouds, great buzz, probably a bad idea in general though.

3. This past weekend i was smoking w/ friends on a tablecloth on a grassy sloping hill. Was bound to happen - tipped one way, so i tried blocking it to the other way, luckily it had a wind protector but i still ended up with ash on myself and holes in the table cloth and my shirt and then when i found the small remains of the coconara's, picked them up w/ my bare fingers. Thank gods for wind protectors.

[quote name='Stuie' date='17 February 2010 - 05:13 PM' timestamp='1266441227' post='451963']
I have packed and prepped a bowl and got coals lit only to realize... i didn't put any water in the base.
[/quote]

[font="Century Gothic"]he sounds like what happened yesterday to me and my friends. i thought some1 else took care of that, and they thought the sam[/font]e. Pull and pull nothing was happening LOL

while not exactly hookah related I was pouring a glass of milk and tried to put a quick lite on the jug thinking i had the lid. oh and apparently quick lites are smaller then milk jug lids cuss it fell right into the brand new jug.

I was eating oreo cookies and picked up a quick lite ill let you all use your imaginations on what happened next

i have forgot to put holes in foil
I set everything up once and started smoking then realized i was getting none checked everything could not figure it out so i took the coals of and went to empty the bowl to find no shisha in it.
I have forgot to put water in the base.
I set myself on fire with a quick lite not burned myself but rather actual flames.
I have walked away from the hookah with hose in hand.
I dumped hot coals in a sink basin I thought was made of stone turns out it was plastic.

oh one of my old dogs tried to eat a coal i tossed on the ground one day when i was smoking outside.

[quote name='ihcake' date='17 February 2010 - 01:57 PM' timestamp='1266440230' post='451961']
1. [color="#ff0000"]Going to take a pull then realizing there's no coals [/color]OR bowl on the hookah. Nub.
2. Checking on the coals that you put on the coil burned 10 minutes ago only to realize you forgot to turn it on.
3. Going to flip the coals with your fingers. NUB.
4. Smoking double apple only to find out it tastes like butt. (sorry for those dub. app. lovers. this one doesn't pertain to me.)
5. Forgetting to put holes in the tinfoil.

Share yours.
[/quote]

did that at a hookah bar not too long ago...but normally he brings it out with coals on it...so just out of habbit i guess
I've gotten everything ready to realize i forgot water.
thats all i can think of for now

[quote name='Cuahctemoc' date='27 April 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1272401245' post='465743']
Props to F16warbird for using "frak" ![/quote]

Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

[img]http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon-pancarte06.gif[/img]

just this past weekend i went home to welcome home my friend who had been in england the whole semester. he told me i should bring my hookah because he brought home some "awesome shisha" for me. so for the first time since xmas i packed up my hookah in my bag and was very excited to smoke this "awesome shisha." after some wonderful buff chick pizza i went to take it out.
i jokingly said that i hope i didn't forget the grommets or bowl (previous mistakes) only to find out i had forgot to pack my base....awesome. i came back to school sunday night, looked in my fridge, and found the base filled with water ice cold and ready for a hookah session that i never got around to enjoying.....sorry bud.

my friend made a windcover out of a monster can. it was working super well and the smoke got better and everyone was laying down on the floor relaxing and listening to laid back trance music while passing around 2 hoses (there were 2 hookahs) when all of a sudden a bright light forms on top of my Bambino, wait thats not a light, its a freaking fire, the whole can caught on fire.

luckily my friend had an open arizona can and poured the liquid contents upon the blaze and put it out..along with the coal.

after everyone calms down my friend says: " oh crap it must of been the glue"

i had no idea what he meant untill he told me the next day that he originally had a flat topped monster can but cut the top off and glued on a twist top.....whats the lesson of this story? glue catches fire, even when there is no flame or direct contact with a coal, it WILL conbust........and ruin your hookah session

Turning on the wrong burner and setting a almost full box of coconaras on fire, then hastily pouring a full cup of beer on the fire ruining the box.

letting drunk girls near my hookah.

Having a quick lite get knocked off and then grabbing the nearest cup and throwing it on the coals, while I did put out the coals also managed to drench a portion of my rug in chew spit. nasty...:bad:

ah a new nub move i just recently made... havent made one of these in a while lol

Threw in 5 of my hated chinise silver coals into my ghetto toaster over (adam and fineout have seen this... its horrible but its all i have)
Waited for coals to start up....
Forgot about them and waited 40 minutes....
Came back to no coals.... Damn it lol

Filled base with water, put it in the freezer and fell asleep. Woke up the next morning, base in 853048758082347572304e947549759 pieces. Sad face.

Got new hookah.

About a 8 months later, used boiling water to clean the hard to reach places in the base. Tried to pick up base, but it was too hot. Turned on cold water. Sad face.

Got new hookah.

Happy face.

[quote name='F16WarBird' date='28 April 2010 - 12:46 AM' timestamp='1272429985' post='465805']
[quote name='Cuahctemoc' date='27 April 2010 - 11:47 PM' timestamp='1272401245' post='465743']
Props to F16warbird for using "frak" ![/quote]

Sometimes you have to roll a hard six.

[img]http://www.thescifiworld.net/img/smilies/galactica/cylon/cylon-pancarte06.gif[/img]
[/quote]

i love that other people have religiously followed this like me :D