I Need Help With My Hookah

Hey guys,
I'd just like to say i'm new to this forum sooooo 'hi'.

Right ok so i bought my first hookah the other day it cost me £17.87 with the pumpkin hookah a pack of 10 mera quicklite coals and a box of soex orange shisha. My first question is...Is this a good deal? or have i been ripped-off? Secondly i set it up on friday but i am struggling a lot lol [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif[/img]. i find that when i fill it up with water 2 inch above the stem tube thing i always get a fairly weird smoke and it doesn't taste like orange. But when i only fill it up about 1/2 an inch to an inch above the stem thing i find that i get a lot of flavored smoke yet it is so harsh on the throat. Is there any way of solving this? is it my coal positioning or have i put too little shisha in or something it's so confusing :( I would appreciate any input thanks. Also i tend not to move my coal around when having a shisha session could this be the problem.

By the way i am not new to the whole shisha thing i have been smoking it for a while now at my mates house and such, but i'm a noob at setting these things up. HELP [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/scratch_one-s_head.gif[/img]

I don't know how much 17 sterling is in USD, but I don't need to know, you got ripped off. That hookah is a piece of crap, the shisha you got is not real shisha, it is complete crap. Especially orange. There is no way to get Soex Orange to smoke good and not be harsh. Soex is herbal crap. I have tried 3 different flavors of Soex, orange being one. They all 3 were terrible. I can't remember what the other two were, but i know they were all terrible.

you might be able to make the hookah work with enough effort, though it will probably never smoke as well as a good hookah will. I don't own a pumpkin, but I do own a KM and a QT, KM being a very good high quality hookah and the QT being a good hookah, but not as good. I can def tell the diff between the two no doubt, and I have been told the pumpkin is even worse than the QT (most people actually like the QT, im just one of the few who doesn't).

either way, if you want to enjoy your pumpkin, go right ahead. My advice is ditch the pumpkin and invest in a better hookah, ditch the QL and get with bulk coals, natural coals, John's CH QLs, or if you must, 3 kings QLs. Then, save yourself the headache and throw the Soex away and invest in some good shisha. but ya, you will not be able to get the Soex to smoke good, that stuff is terrible, almost as bad as Jewel.

Yeah thanks. i will bare that in mind. I will end up throwing my soex away but it came as a package sort of thing and 17 pounds is the equivalent to 28 usd. Also i only bought the pumpkin as i thought that it would be easy to maintain. obviously a wrong choice. Also another reason why i bought it is because it is very portable and cheap. So i think that it is an OK purchase but i dont know. I'm probably going to keep trying it with different tobacco and change my coals rather soon. Thanks for the advice :D

If you're going for cheap... Replace the pumpkin with a Mya QT: [url="http://www.hookahcompany.com/mya_qt_hookah_3213_prd1.htm"]http://www.hookahcom...h_3213_prd1.htm[/url]

If you got the cash to spend... Get a Khalil Mamoon, which offers the best smoking experience: [url="http://www.hookahcompany.com/28_amer_khalil_mamoon_hookah_4305_prd1.htm"]http://www.hookahcom...h_4305_prd1.htm[/url]

For coals, HookahJohn's CH Quicklite Coals are good, and Coconara Natural coals are the best if you have a stovetop burner to light them with.

For shisha, you got to get the real deal. Popular brands are Tangiers, Nakhla, Al Fakher, Layalina, among many more. Check out the review section for suggestions.

For ANY questions, we are here for you man.

EDIT: Not sure about their international shipping, but these are the most reliable vendors I and the general populace here on the forum trust:

-HookahCompany.com
-Hookah-Shisha.com
-HookahJohn.com

Ok thanks a lot guys i will go check out those websites and fingers crossed they ship to the UK.

Yeah the MYA QT looks like a nice hookah i might have to invest in it.

Well i will invest in it because i would like a better smoke.

Thanks again.

As far as using your pumpkin hookah you can get some good sessions out of it, it just takes a bit more effort.

When I smoked out of my friends pumpking you can use that much water, it is quite easy to over fill and get water into your hose. I say at most the stem should be 0.5in in the water.

Also it is very easy to burn the tobacco in the bowl as it is small and takes little heat to get it going. I was using a 33mm quick light and I had to let the coal hang over the edge of the bowl a bit otherwise I burnt the shisha. So if you do that you should be fine.

Hope that helps.

[quote name='srawas89' date='14 February 2010 - 02:31 PM' timestamp='1266157907' post='451375']
As far as using your pumpkin hookah you can get some good sessions out of it, it just takes a bit more effort.

When I smoked out of my friends pumpking you can use that much water, it is quite easy to over fill and get water into your hose. I say at most the stem should be 0.5in in the water.

Also it is very easy to burn the tobacco in the bowl as it is small and takes little heat to get it going. I was using a 33mm quick light and I had to let the coal hang over the edge of the bowl a bit otherwise I burnt the shisha. So if you do that you should be fine.

Hope that helps.
[/quote]

Cheers Srawas89 I have just tried your method of hanging the coal over the edge with 0.5in of water and yeah it's going well.

I decided to buy some double able today as well and yes it is SOEX but it is rather quite nice.

Ive got robinsons apple and blackurant dilute juice in the base.

It is really nice i would recommend Double apple soex to anyone.

It is sort of a sweet taste mmmm.

And thanks again Srawas89. You have been a lot of help

Shishaman.

I am glad everything worked out for you. If you have anymore questions feel free to pm me.

ok let me help you out dude, granted del sol is a good source and a cool guy. my first hookah was a pumpkin as well, first off i dont fill my base above the stem i fill it about an inch or so under the stem. I only use one quick when using this hookah. I have smoked 6 different flavors of soex, orange is not one of them but they have been ok, its all based on opinion. soex is rated at the best herbal you can get. i usualy fill my bowl nearly to the top, but i dont pack it to tight. with soex you have to be careful its easy to burn hence the harsh smoke. i just ordered a new hookah the other day, i invested in a KM tri-metal. the pumpkin is not terrible but its far from great.

p.s quick lites, = yuck

[quote name='lucky13' date='14 February 2010 - 09:32 PM' timestamp='1266201160' post='451470']
ok let me help you out dude, granted del sol is a good source and a cool guy. my first hookah was a pumpkin as well, first off i dont fill my base above the stem i fill it about an inch or so under the stem. I only use one quick when using this hookah. I have smoked 6 different flavors of soex, orange is not one of them but they have been ok, its all based on opinion. soex is rated at the best herbal you can get. i usualy fill my bowl nearly to the top, but i dont pack it to tight. with soex you have to be careful its easy to burn hence the harsh smoke. i just ordered a new hookah the other day, i invested in a KM tri-metal. the pumpkin is not terrible but its far from great.

p.s quick lites, = yuck
[/quote]

Wait, if you put water in under them stem, what is the point of the water then?

Thanks a lot everyone.

It is much appreciated. Yeah i'm gunna buy some proper shisha this week i'll possibly order it wednesday or something but thank you all for the help.

Why put water under the stem doesn't that defeat the object of it it passing through the water?

Shishaman

[quote name='shaffaaf27' date='15 February 2010 - 02:05 PM' timestamp='1266242714' post='451544']
mate where are you in the UK?
[/quote]

I live in Leeds mate. what about you?

shishaman

Yeah i will probs buy a new hookah, when i get some serious dollar coz i am skint at the moment lol.

Just applied for a job so fingers crossed i get it lol.

so what were you doing in leeds then just a bit of shopping or visiting people?

shishaman

My best advice in this situation would definatly be to just junk out everything or resell it on ebay for some of your money back (more money = more shisha purchases!:ylsuper:)

Otherwise go with a big name brand like Mya, kahlil mamoon, magdy zidan, or syrians. personally i find that the kms smoke real smooth and clean.

Anyways good luck and dont let this deter you from owning a hookah! welcome :)