So, Neal Is After Hookahjohn Now.

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Oct 15 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 15 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh just ignore him. He's almost faded into nothingness anyway.

not true, he managed to take over ownership of two hookah communities, so he's not faded yet in the world of hookah smokers...and people who dont know better will join in with him

Eh, kinda sorta, but not really. While he's taken control of them, he has yet to pay in full.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is WOW!! Do any of you no Neal personally?

Ive talked to Neal on many occasions for hours at a time and I like the guy. Ive heard all this crap before and even talked to him it. Some crap is always started by a disgruntled customer and then Neal gets confused sometimes by technology, so something might get messed up. Do you all really thinks its easy owning AND running a business? Also, do you think he does every job at that business? He might of never even known about that order. He gets TONS of GREAT reviews on other forums and even does freebie stuff and contests for customers. If you guys remember HE used to do the FREE "Shisha of the month" to anyone who wanted it until all the moochers came out of their closets.

Ive been a member on here for a LONG time (my sign up date is WRONG), then was banned for what a friend said on another forum. I talked things over with Mush & he understood I wasnt in the wrong. Thank you again Mush. But I have to say this forum has soo many regulations and tight mods that many people get banned for slippin up, instead of being warned and talked to. Then the other users hype up the guest mod and laugh at the person that was banned.

I really dont want to get into it with this topic, because I dont wanna be banned again. Guillotine_anim.gif

nubbs, 1 - good to see ya again dude, still painting?

2 - i felt much the same until I saw a video of him calling John a sand n***er. I will never stand by a human who makes ignorant remarks like that.

(also, the difficulty level of running a business is not related to the treatment of people imo, anger management is a good thing to practice in the business world/workplace)

QUOTE (giant ninja robot @ Oct 15 2009, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

2 - i felt much the same until I saw a video of him calling John a sand n***er. I will never stand by a human who makes ignorant remarks like that.

(also, the difficulty level of running a business is not related to the treatment of people imo, anger management is a good thing to practice in the business world/workplace)

Agreed 100%! Lots of bad days and negative people will do that to yuh tho.

And yes I am. Pretty cool stuff too.

QUOTE (NUBBS @ Oct 15 2009, 04:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i noticed you ignored sentence #2..

QUOTE (NUBBS @ Oct 15 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All I have to say is WOW!! Do any of you no Neal personally?

Ive talked to Neal on many occasions for hours at a time and I like the guy. Ive heard all this crap before and even talked to him it. Some crap is always started by a disgruntled customer and then Neal gets confused sometimes by technology, so something might get messed up. Do you all really thinks its easy owning AND running a business? Also, do you think he does every job at that business? He might of never even known about that order. He gets TONS of GREAT reviews on other forums and even does freebie stuff and contests for customers. If you guys remember HE used to do the FREE "Shisha of the month" to anyone who wanted it until all the moochers came out of their closets.

Ive been a member on here for a LONG time (my sign up date is WRONG), then was banned for what a friend said on another forum. I talked things over with Mush & he understood I wasnt in the wrong. Thank you again Mush. But I have to say this forum has soo many regulations and tight mods that many people get banned for slippin up, instead of being warned and talked to. Then the other users hype up the guest mod and laugh at the person that was banned.

I really dont want to get into it with this topic, because I dont wanna be banned again. Guillotine_anim.gif

did neal send you over to defend his sorry ass? no one hypes up the guest mod..we are proud that one of our own has become mod and give him a warm welcome into the new position..and we laugh out of love and good humor..plus people are stupid when they join and do nothing but talk about using there hookah for NHT..its against the rules..if you feel this forum is so strict then leave..no one is forcing you to stay here if you dont like the rules or the guest mod we get every month..its been provin many times neal is a punk that deserves to get his ass kicked with steel toed boots..

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Oct 15 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep...its good to know that the person you're defending is full of class and character...

wallbash.gif Edited by Arcane

QUOTE (Arcane @ Oct 15 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Oct 15 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yep...its good to know that the person you're defending is full of class and character...

wallbash.gif
lol seriously i laughed so phuckin hard how he just avoided that

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Oct 15 2009, 02:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 15 2009, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Eh just ignore him. He's almost faded into nothingness anyway.

not true, he managed to take over ownership of two hookah communities, so he's not faded yet in the world of hookah smokers...and people who dont know better will join in with him

haha, those places were complete pieces of shit anyways, good riddance. Hopefully something terrible will happen, very terrible. Where's that black dude who robbed eric when we need him? Edited by Hippo_Master

so... Am I allowed to call him a fucking douchebag dishonest shady fuck with a website my 5 yr. old daughter could have designed without having my post deleted or edited this time? Cause he still owes me money, or shisha. Sure some would call it water under the bridge I however am a scorpio and would like the record to show that he's on my poo-poo list. fuckyou.gif

This is just wrong period. You don't spread rumors about a competitor to steal business. I ordered from Neal back when he was a well liked vendor. I had a small problem with my order but I just figured it was an honest mistake and let it slide. Then all the news came out about how shady he was and I never ordered from him again. I havent ordered from john yet but my next online order will be from hookahjohn.com.

QUOTE (NUBBS @ Oct 15 2009, 03:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Some crap is always started by a disgruntled customer and then Neal gets confused sometimes by technology, so something might get messed up. Do you all really thinks its easy owning AND running a business? Also, do you think he does every job at that business? He might of never even known about that order. He gets TONS of GREAT reviews on other forums and even does freebie stuff and contests for customers. If you guys remember HE used to do the FREE "Shisha of the month" to anyone who wanted it until all the moochers came out of their closets.

Then the other users hype up the guest mod and laugh at the person that was banned.

1. I don't know neil personally, don't care to.
2. If neil can't handle his business, he needs to quit running it, people pay good money for hookahs and hookah accessories, when he receives that money, he is responsible taking care of it regardless of whether or not he knows how to run a business. for example, I pay you to build me a house. You build it, but it falls apart a week later. Am I going to say "oh well, it is a really hard to build a house, its OK he didn't do it right" OR would I say "I am going to make sure you take care of it or get me a refund". I would go with the second option. When I pay for something, I expect it done right. If he can't handle doing things right, he needs to find something else to do.
3. so because he gives away free shit, that makes it ok for him to fuck over people who pay him money for stuff? Id rather him fuck up the free stuff and get the paid for stuff correct.
4. I have been a guest mod before. Sometimes its not all fun and games. I took some heat for some of the decisions I made. I was called an overzealous jerk or something along that line. Ya, most of the people supported me, but not all. That is one reason I think it is awesome they let people guest mod for a month, really opens you eyes up to what they put up with and how the forum runs and so forth.

People, people. Lets try to keep this somewhat civilized, I know John would want that at the very least. Calling neil names, however true, is juvenile and waaaaaaaaaay below what we at HF are as people. Let's just let it go, eye for an eye makes the world blind.

As much as I want to defend John with every fiber in my body, it's better to just let is go, he's not even worth our time and energy. John, stay strong brothuh, we are always here for you, just laugh this silly incident off biggrin.gif

Oh, and if you look at the link that takes you to neil's website, is something I found interesting:
QUOTE (neil @ ripoffreport)
Everyone knows we cover our screwups so I am glad Jake was stupid enough to liebel us so we get a chance to let everyone see the truth.

Really? Glad to know you cover up your screw-ups. rolleyes.gif

I also noticed a guy named "adam" from Abq. USA keeps posting on his page. I know hookahkings resides in albuquerque NM, is this the same person? Not an accusation, just a question.

I've never dealt with neil so I don't feel like I can post a bad review. I was about to just for fun, but then someone on here mentioned karma and I decided against it. HOWEVER, I think I might make a comment about his checkout system not being secure, that is worth mentioning and is true.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Oct 15 2009, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so... Am I allowed to call him a fucking douchebag dishonest shady fuck with a website my 5 yr. old daughter could have designed without having my post deleted or edited this time? Cause he still owes me money, or shisha. Sure some would call it water under the bridge I however am a scorpio and would like the record to show that he's on my poo-poo list. fuckyou.gif

If I were mod then yes of course you would be able to, however, I am not. Now let me make this segway:
First, thanks for Mushrat for allowing people to see this, it's the truth and needs to be seen.
Secondly, thanks HF member for all of the support on this one as you guys are the consumers and know between right and wrong.
Third, and most importantly, I'd like to thank Neal for making all of this so easy, your tactics are 5th grade level at best...troll. There is so much one could say about you but why should I? Your actions speak wonders.
If HF/Mushrat would accept, I'd love to post an open letter to Neal, and on the other hand, since I'm pretty sure the answer will be yes, I don't feel like writing a novel at this time.
Maybe I'll do it, maybe in the form of an email to my customer list. It's just tiring yet rewarding at the same.
As far as the complaint on ripoff report, I've asked for (rebuttal) any proof, invoice number, credit card receipt, etc. If the person doesn't have it on file give me your name, I will look it up for you. Everything is documented.

To ilikemyusername, it's fair what you say about him. I buy from many of the same places Neal does. Lately they keep asking me what is going on between us. I just ask why, what's up, what do you think about him? I got 3 responses this month from industry people: Neal is a douchebag. The rest have been using other words.

john we love you man..lol in a straight vendor to consumer and more like a straight friend to consumer kinda of way..lol we've delt with you for so long, seen your house thru the vids..seen your kids interrupt your vids..lol we feel like we know you man..your not a vendor to some of us but a friend..thanx for all you do man..

While I don't know Neal personally, I did order from him back in the day. The last order I placed with him coincided with him going childish and making a mess out of everything he touched. I had minor problems with the order which were eventually made good but I closed the door on him due to his behavior because I didn't want to deal with the drama.

I have a tendency to be loyal to the point of stupidity. When I believe and trust in someone it's all the way. I'm the girl a friend can count on the get out of bed at 4:00 a.m. to start pulling bail money together to get your ass out of jail. Because of that trait in myself, I want my vendors easy to deal with and drama free. I don't want to be friends, I don't want to take sides, I just want to place my orders and get what I ordered in a reasonable manner. That doesn't mean pefection - just general consideration for me the customer. Neal didn't have that and wanted all his customers to take his side in the most childish vendetta I've ever seen displayed in my life. I haven't ordered from him since his original meltdown.

I have ordered a couple times from John, the orders were shipped immediately, and the feedback and communication was excellent. I haven't ordered much from anyone lately and won't until I'm working again but John will continue to be my first stop when I do. I'm unimpressed and uninfluenced by anything Neal or anyone else could say, because the service I've received is what makes John my go-to vendor of choice.

Some I knew once said "You don't have to worry about people getting fooled by a jerk - they'll figure it out on their own." Such is the case with Neal. Sure, eveyone could stir things up, post all kinds of things and even bury him under a landslide of derision, but why waste your precious time doing so? Truth is impossible to hide and customers will indeed continue to go where they get the service they want from a vendor they trust and respect.

'Rani

Post truthful statements of your dealings with HJ instead of posting false/vindictive statements about Worldhookah. John is a great guy and a good businessman. Neal feeds off this attention so the best action to take would be to ignore his comments.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Oct 15 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
People, people. Lets try to keep this somewhat civilized, I know John would want that at the very least. Calling neil names, however true, is juvenile and waaaaaaaaaay below what we at HF are as people. Let's just let it go, eye for an eye makes the world blind.

As much as I want to defend John with every fiber in my body, it's better to just let is go, he's not even worth our time and energy. John, stay strong brothuh, we are always here for you, just laugh this silly incident off biggrin.gif

THIS^

Mush....i love you man but this has gone kinda far. It strayed way off coarse and became something that is making HF look pretty bad.
We're better then this guys'n gals...

John does good business. Neil doesn't. Let it be.
This is how it works;
You buy from a place.
They make a mistake.
You find out they have a history of this.
You don't buy from them again.
Maybe post it up on a forum.
End of story.

John will keep my business and i'll send people his way as often as I can.
Revenge and other actions out of spite is a little much.

I thought we weren't even allowed to mention him/WH haha.

I'm not going to comment on the drama side but I finally placed an order with HJ, everything came in good condition and it showed up faster then expected. I was pleased with his service and the fact he was easy to get a hold of via email.

QUOTE (Doubon @ Oct 15 2009, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Post truthful statements of your dealings with HJ instead of posting false/vindictive statements about Worldhookah. John is a great guy and a good businessman. Neal feeds off this attention so the best action to take would be to ignore his comments.

The thing is, that the site is called "ripoff" reports, not "hey, I love this vendor, he rocks" reports. I personally would not want anyone to post anything about me on that site, good or bad. someone in a hurry types in "hookahjohn" and sees his site listed with a few hits on "ripoff reports" they aren't going to bother reading the comments, they are jsut going to assume that a lot of people have been ripped off. They won't take the time to realize the reports are of good nature.

I heard about how Neal did something wrong to Ch Instant coals, So I ordered a box just too see, they seemed the same. I don't really think he tampered with the coals because they light and smoke the same way as when I ordered from John. You guys are right about the not having a item and shipping w.e he wants out thing, but just call him and complain and he will send u something else. Guy is a moron if you ask me.