Currently Acclimating..

so i have tangiers watermelon sitting outside at the moment spread out on some tinfoil. its been about four and a half hours and it smells pretty much the same as when i opened it - like the filling of fig newtons, or like those fruit leather snack things if anyone knows what im talking about.
is it done acclimating? i'm really not sure.... i've also been stirring it around about every hour

I dont know how you couldnt have it smell like that but ne ways some times it takes a long ass time to acclimate. its well worth the wait obviously, but def do not smoke it till it smells like something remotely close to the flavor

QUOTE (engineonmute @ Apr 4 2009, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha ive never smoked one that tasted different than its scent. but ya i tried it the other day and it was kinda blehhhh........ and harsh, not matter what i did. so i think ill leave it out for a while today too

The only one that's different from how it smells for me is Blue Gumball. Don't know why, it smelled a bit rancid even after acclimating for 48 hours, but smoked really, really nicely.

QUOTE (engineonmute @ Apr 4 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha ive never smoked one that tasted different than its scent. but ya i tried it the other day and it was kinda blehhhh........ and harsh, not matter what i did. so i think ill leave it out for a while today too

Well, if you haven't smoked tangiers before, it's naturally kinda harsh. Not to say that it's burning, if you packed it right and got the heat right, but it's a strong tobacco. I've read up on it a lot because I hear it's the best, but you've gotta learn to handle it and definitely learn the right way to smoke it. Like most people say, read the wiki about tangiers and anything else you can find on this forum. It'll do you some good and get ready to make some mistakes.