How Much Is Your Local Hookah Bar?

I was told that the East Cost typically has high prices for the cost of renting a hookah at a hookah bar? My buddy just got back form NYC and said he paid $15/bowl for AF at place up there?

What do you guys pay at your local hookah bars?

One of the best ones here in the Bay Area, is this smoke shop/Hookah bar called "Stogies"

Cover charges are:

$10/person Sunday - Wednesday
$15/person Thursday - Saturday

*along with pool tables and dance floor (depending what day it is)

at a local resturaunt it starts at $15 and refills start at $5.
At a local hookah bar its just under $11 not sure about the refill price there.

it was something stupid like 1$ per person cover, then 6$ a bowl of al waha then 3$ for more hoses and 2 people per hose max and i think it was also a dollar for ever person over 1 per hookah. so if you smoked 1 bowl it would be 7$ if you smoked 2 it would be 13$ if you had 3 people it would be 14$ total

QUOTE (GNUWorldOrder @ Jan 28 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it was something stupid like 1$ per person cover, then 6$ a bowl of al waha then 3$ for more hoses and 2 people per hose max and i think it was also a dollar for ever person over 1 per hookah. so if you smoked 1 bowl it would be 7$ if you smoked 2 it would be 13$ if you had 3 people it would be 14$ total

That would get VERY confusing from a business standpoint, imagine trying to estimate sales for a month! lol

Here the hookah bar is like 9 and 11 all starbuzz but the 9 is for like basic flavors like orange and strawberry and such and the 11 is for like the margherita and x on the beach and those type flavors and i belive 6 buck refills and its 4 people to a hookah.

In rhode island, the state over from me they used to charge 10 for nakhla now i believe it is like 13. And AF is something like 15 or so.

I say they can go to hell and I will continue my at home sessions with my glass screen and KM/QT FTW!

Mine is
8.99 for nakhla/layalina rose, mint, strawberry, apple, melon, peach
10.99 for nakhla/layalina/romann all other flavors
18.99 for starbuzz up to 2 flavors
19.99 for starbuzz 3 or more flavors/master blends
24.99/29.99 for base changes

those are kinda typical for the dallas area

We don't have a large amount of Hookah lounges here in Utah (3 to be exact, and I've only been to 2).

Larger club is 8$ specials, then normally fifTEEN dollars...good lord (AF).

Other smaller lounge-style hookah lounge is 12$ (AF).

Salt Lake City just banned indoor smoking, and though Shi-Sha doesn't garner any tobacco tax (its not treated like cigarette or other tobacco tax wise), Hookah lounges have had to switch to herbal stuff while they figure out an amendment...I haven't been, but my heavy hookah-smoker friends say the taste is fine, but little smoke, and burns quite easily. I am unsure of what brand they are using.

I've tried the Black brand smokeless shi-sha to crappy results. Edited by redjako

12$ Regular Bowl
20$ Fruit Bowl
4 persons per bowl (loosely enforced, as long as you keep buying hookahs/drinks they don't care)

It is a complete mystery to me as to what is in the bowl other than the flavor. I think the regular bowl is a pretty good deal though, the bowls they use are huge, at least 50 grams. I just wish they were more consistent, I have been getting fewer and fewer good sessions there as they change staff. Edited by kbCorruption