Chest + Back Pain

well, first of all, i used to smoke al-waha for a daily smoke thing, and i would get really bad headaches. so maybe its just your bodys reaction to that type of shisha, because once i started smoking better shishas i never got that bad headache unless i smoked for a really long time.

but i never got back and chest pains from smoking hookah.

im not a doctor, but maybe you have asthma or something, because when my cousin smokes, he always has his inhaler ready, cause he gets chest pains and hyperventilates.

You should definitely make an appointment with the doctor. Chest and back pains after smoking hookah is not normal.

Dont read all the shit on the internet man. I had pain in my left shoulder and arm I read it online and said its possible I was having a heart attack/stroke which then caused me to have an anxiety attack on top of it (all sorts of heart palipitations which made it 10x worse) so things just built off of one little thing which made my situation 10x worse.. Anyways, I flipped out and went to all these doctors and the outcome was I am fine I probably pulled something in my shoulder and the pain is radiating to my elbow.. Go to your normal doctor for a check up if anything, its probably some heartburn/gas. Edited by newjacksm

Chest and back pain is usually a sign of a heart condition, if not really bad heartburn. Go see a doctor.

hah wow it seems I have lung cancer and pneumothorax! Lol well I went to the doctors a few months ago because I'd get sharp pains in my chest/heart occassionally where I'm like clutching my chest when it happens, but they did xrays and stuff and found nothing. And it's weird because I didn't get pains all the other times I smoked. I think I'll smoke a couple more times and if it happens again I'll see a doctor. If I even can because I don't know if I have any healthcare.

Nurse Tati says:
Its definitely not pneumothorax unless you punctured your lung somehow, which is highly unlikely if all you were doing was smoking hookah.
Its possible that its a heart issue, so next time you go to a doc, get an EKG.

This isnt really something diagnosable on the comp, so you should definitely get it checked out.

• 4 years later...

I used to be a hardcore Ameera Hookahalic , Until yesterday i started feeling back pains, like a stabbing,  when i inhaled too deep id get chest pains ,, the best thing to do is Just Quit , and btw Starbuzz is the worsed bran , i used to get headaches and pass out , Al fakher is the best i admit i do enjoy it and i am great at making Hookah ,, Arab blood u know? but  from what i experinced i would rather stop , i have a family and i am not ready to leave , or develope some lung cancer,,  or heart disease

The best thing to do is Quit , and visit a hookah cafe maybe once a year ,, even the secound hand smoke from other hookahteers is past on and can make conditions worse, your lungs are screaming oxygen , you start developing wrinkles  , you start not being able to be a fast runner  etc my advice is to quit and smell the tabbaco in its case for joying the fragrence , my favorite flavours , where , Al fakher Bran,, Jasmine , Honey, Grapemint , Rose, Double Apple, , WaterMelon Mint ,  and i pray that this doesnt catch up to me when am older, in islam Smoking is Makrooh borderline haram