Homemade Party Hookah!

Parker

I use my hookah alot at parties, and people are allways pulling on the hose and tipping the hookah. So i decided to build my own, that would never tip.

Items-
huge water container
8 foot tubing (hose)
Rubber stopper with 5/8 hole
Copper tube 5/8 sizing
Hose barb adapter (5/8' barb X 1/2" MIP)
A bunch of silicon

Tools-
Heat gun to put on the silicon
Dremil to cut into the water jug and rubber stopper
Hammer to hit the metal pieces together

QUOTE (Parker @ Oct 29 2007, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use my hookah alot at parties, and people are allways pulling on the hose and tipping the hookah. So i decided to build my own, that would never tip.

Items-
huge water container
8 foot tubing (hose)
Copper tube 5/8 sizing
A bunch of silicon

Tools-

Is it me or dose that stem go far into the water ??
Like 6 inches

QUOTE (IceCreamCakes @ Oct 29 2007, 02:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Parker @ Oct 29 2007, 12:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Items-
huge water container
8 foot tubing (hose)
Copper tube 5/8 sizing
A bunch of silicon

Tools-

Is it me or dose that stem go far into the water ??
Like 6 inches

it does indeed look like it. what a bitch of a pull that'd be. be nice and cool though...

Well i put it back together for a picture, usually it has 4 straws comming out of the downstem that make the pull a bit easier. It only has one hose now because i only have one nice end for a hose and im not going to suck smoke out of just a tube. It will be built up soon enough biggrin.gif . The smoke is thick as hell, but you have to keep the volume of the air chamber pretty small on the one hose version, to keep it that way.

-PC

To make nicer hose endings without cutting up real hoses, check out the home depot hose topic. Also, I have decided to make a 2-4 hoser out of a 1gal jug as well. I'm gonna try to find a really big brass downstem instead of copper, or stainless steel. I just want to figure out how I can attach the bowl in a good way that doesn't require me glueing it on... maybe I'll just glue a grommet on the downstem. Also, I'm going to make all the hoses have auto-seal funtionality by using a big steel ball bearing inside of two fittings that screw onto the hose and that assembly is glued to the base. Then a release valve as well, but I need to have an extra hose that doesn't use a auto-seal to use the release valve... I don't wanna be smoking some old nasty smoke in mass quantities, now do I?

I've decided I'm gonna make one of these as well.
I just need to get a suitable stem
and a way to make the lip of the base airtight.

Then I'm just gonna mimic a design for a valve in my hoses from one of my hookahs.

I'm pretty excited.

So I'm almost done making mine, it's at my buddies house. 4 hoses with autoseal valves. Used a brass tube for the downstem, that's being sealed into place on the cap of our 2gallon container, and the 4 hose ports are setting in right now as well with silicone caulk. Going to attach our hoses and smoke up on wednesday I think, hopefully it works out well, I'll try to post pictures.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ Oct 29 2007, 11:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is a pic floating around from someone who made out using those 5Gallon water thingies
and had 4 hoses out of it.

I've got one and keep meaning todo it. But I can't find the bloody rubbers sad.gif

JD

My good friend's Eric and JV built one exactly like that...four hoses...five gallon water jug...and all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
For parties you could get a wide diameter and low heighth plastic container, fill it with ice high up.The ice will keep it cold and in place.Now ask what happens as the ice melts and the hookah is bobbing in the water?For that you ask someone smarter than I. Or wait until winter and have a hookah party in well packed snow! (We get snow once a year for a day or two max.)

QUOTE (mrenergy09 @ Dec 10 2007, 02:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha really good hookah. I guess for your steam u used a cooper tube. Better use a tube out at aluminium. With the time something green, dont know the english name: Dictionarry says: verdigris

Its called a patina. most americans will recognize it from the statue of liberty. However, if you clean you copper hookah at least once every 6 months or so, it wont form. It takes a long time for patina to form, and can be prevented through routine cleaning.