Firearms

D-szlos

I feel like an idiot for asking this, but is it even possible for a civilian to purchase an M16?

QUOTE (D-szlos @ Jul 12 2007, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice classic army wink.gif ive got a TM S-system and a custom made MG36 for my airsofting needs.

I sold it a couple days ago, along with the rest of my collection. Only have a some Eagle stuff left, which is on the market aswell...

QUOTE (Skarredmind @ Jul 13 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually my wife and I are looking for something for CC, and for around the house...

The info I have suggests a .357 revolver that can pack .38 for practice, I've got large hands and can handle a larger load (and like a larger gun, it fits nicer), but she is 5'2 110 lbs, and failry dainty, we have no idea what to get her. (She need's like a kids sized...)

Look into Keltec P3AT. The Bersa 380 is also a popular choice for pocket carry and women.

I do not suggest a .357 for carry. To much of a possibility of over penetration. 9mm, 40 S&W, .45 are all great choices for carry. Any gun that comes in .357 will come in those as well. 9mm would be your best choice if your wife plans to shoot the gun as well. But, what it comes down to is carry the largest caliber you can safely handle, use properly, control recoil, and keep sights on target with.

QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 13 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I feel like an idiot for asking this, but is it even possible for a civilian to purchase an M16?

Yes, you would be buying an AR-15. Anyone can buy one when they are Semi. Just check state laws for Magazine size. Even if you have a Class 3 license you are still putting a trigger pack into an AR.

QUOTE (D-szlos @ Jul 13 2007, 04:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Big Boss @ Jul 13 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you get a class 3 lisence you can own a fully automatic weapon. such as an M16, M4, M60, M134 minigun...... the list goes on.

How would somebody get a class 3 license?

I have a USP Match. My grandpa bought it for me the last year they were made and gave it to me a few months after I turned 18 and a couple weeks before he passed away. I love the thing to death! Currently I have a 9mm Parabellum barrel on but I do have a conversion to make it .45 ACP. This thing is a dream for range shooting (seeing that's what its made for) and the compensator works like a charm. Even better the barrel is threaded for a silencer ph34r.gif But no way I'm getting one.

My dream gun would be an old classic Stechkin from Soviet Russia. Its what the KGB used to carry around and it can be fired as a full auto. Beautiful piece. Another one i've have my eye on for a while is a good old SIG P228 .357. Always loved 'em, always will.

QUOTE (fusilier55 @ Jul 16 2007, 01:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Skarredmind @ Jul 13 2007, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own an 1853 Enfield Rifled Musket :-D

'53 enfield huh? I own a '63 springfield. Also a sweet colt navy london model. Both reproductions.

Repros are the way to go if you're gonna shoot/reenact. I want a 61 springfield, and a LeMat, there is just something about a 9 shot .45 with a 20 gauge shotgun shot under the barrel for the close in work lol

This is my 1946 Mosin Nagant M44 in 7.62 x 54r chambering. Shes a real fun gun to shoot. The next gun I want to buy is either between a SA XD 45 or a Smith & Wesson Model 500, with the long barrel.

We sold some of our guns to fund our move to CA from GA about 6mos ago (that, and, we sold most of the guns that are illegal in CA, modifying others to fit the regulations). What we have left is:

Remington Rand
Walther P22
Walther P99
Mauser
SKS
and a shotgun that I do not know what is X]

My soon-to-be father in law collects guns, and has about 200 of them, mostly histortical items. I loooove the old Civil Wars guns, and some of the WW2 German guns. I love the history behind guns. There are few things that have affect our world so dramatically, and so thouroughly. Guns have played such a huge, tho morbud, role in the developement of our species; I am always a little overwhelmed by the thought, heh.

If there are any other old gun lovers around here, might I suggest checking out the Infantry Museum at Ft. Benning, GA. They have some of the most beautiful pieces I have ever seen (the heavy artillery is neat, too). I cry when I go thru that museum, because it is so intese, lol....

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jul 16 2007, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a USP Match. My grandpa bought it for me the last year they were made and gave it to me a few months after I turned 18 and a couple weeks before he passed away. I love the thing to death! Currently I have a 9mm Parabellum barrel on but I do have a conversion to make it .45 ACP. This thing is a dream for range shooting (seeing that's what its made for) and the compensator works like a charm. Even better the barrel is threaded for a silencer ph34r.gif But no way I'm getting one.

You have a nice kit gun. Was it built off a regular full size or was a Tact used? If you bought a proper aftermarket match length barrel I am assuming you are running just a regular USP. As far as that .45 conversion goes, its a waste of money. It will run you equal to just purchase a new fullsize USP. On top of that, the 9mm & 40 S&W match weight is lighter than the .45s. And if you started with an original Match USP and had the barrel threaded, all I can say is Oh Dear God.

FYI to all. Yes, I am an HK nut. I trust my life to them.

I love guns.

I have a 1960's Mauser Model 66 that's worth about $10,000. It was my grandfather's gun. It's not a range gun. The only time it's at the range, it has my eyes on it at all times and it is only fired about 4-8 times to sight the scope. I have over 50 firearms, but then again, I am from Texas! wink.gif LOL.

TX

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Jul 17 2007, 08:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jul 16 2007, 01:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have a nice kit gun. Was it built off a regular full size or was a Tact used? If you bought a proper aftermarket match length barrel I am assuming you are running just a regular USP. As far as that .45 conversion goes, its a waste of money. It will run you equal to just purchase a new fullsize USP. On top of that, the 9mm & 40 S&W match weight is lighter than the .45s. And if you started with an original Match USP and had the barrel threaded, all I can say is Oh Dear God.

FYI to all. Yes, I am an HK nut. I trust my life to them.

Yep you got it. Based off of the full size. I think a match built off a tactical would look a little weird. When my grandfather gave me the gun, it came with the .45 conversion so I didn't have to waste any money. Either way, I like the .40 for range shooting and I like to use the .45 for pistol hunting although it doesnt have nearly as much stopping power as a high powered magnum or .50 AE.

Any one interested in authentic German made K98's from WW2. Their expensive but they look great.

P-08's as well

Edited by dcrooksjr

The website for the rifles is below along with the pricing chart, like I said their expensive I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm still trying to locate a site for U.S weapons.
This site covers all German weapons they do have reproductions but the ones I listed are actual authentic unused WW2 rifles .

http://mauser.org/rifles/german_k98/index.htm

This is for the K-98, rifle the last charge is if you want to pick a specifically marked rifle. The others service, collector, etc refers to the beauty of the stock.

Model Number

Description
Price

K98-018 German K98 Rifle, Service Grade with German Markings from WWII 299.00 K98-025

German K98 Rifle, Collector Grade with German Markings from WWII

K98-027

German K98 Rifle, Premium Grade with German Markings from WWII

K98-900

Special Factory Code and Year Code (Most codes are available) Selection search charge.

Historical p-08
Model Number

Description

Price

P08-100

P-08 Army Luger, 4” Barrel

P08-200

P-08 Navy Model Luger, 6” Barrel

P08-300

P-08 WWI Artillery Model Luger, 8” Barrel

QUOTE (dcrooksjr @ Jul 21 2007, 03:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The website for the rifles is below along with the pricing chart, like I said their expensive I haven't gotten mine yet. I'm still trying to locate a site for U.S weapons.
This site covers all German weapons they do have reproductions but the ones I listed are actual authentic unused WW2 rifles .

http://mauser.org/rifles/german_k98/index.htm

This is for the K-98, rifle the last charge is if you want to pick a specifically marked rifle. The others service, collector, etc refers to the beauty of the stock.

Model Number

Description
Price

K98-018 German K98 Rifle, Service Grade with German Markings from WWII 299.00 K98-025

German K98 Rifle, Collector Grade with German Markings from WWII

K98-027

German K98 Rifle, Premium Grade with German Markings from WWII

K98-900

Special Factory Code and Year Code (Most codes are available) Selection search charge.

Historical p-08
Model Number

Description

Price

P08-100

P-08 Army Luger, 4" Barrel

P08-200

P-08 Navy Model Luger, 6" Barrel

P08-300

P-08 WWI Artillery Model Luger, 8" Barrel

Sh*t they are bloody expensive!!! But thanks for the info!!!

-H&S

Several months ago when I was still in school I saw a posting about an established photojournalist on livejournal wanting to take pictures of the average (or non-average) fire arm owner. I signed up and met the man and he took pictures of me in my house posing with firearm.

Last nite, I popped into Borders because it was the only store open and I found a copy of the book! It was in the New Arrivals section. I flipped threw several pages and finally find a picture of me. So, if you want to see a good picture of me (Brother Robb) holding a pistol and a Bible, check it out. If you want to see beautiful photographs of regular to the irregular posing in their homes, check it out.

The book can be purchased at all fine retailers and online at :

http://www.amazon.com/Armed-America-Portra...3285&sr=8-1