Iphone

Twang

i saw them, thought about (I'm a technophile) and truly considered it.... but it's not for my carrier so that means either starting a contract w/ suckular/AT&T or buying an unlocked one. If the carrier version is 500-600, no freaking way am I even considering an unlocked one! I didn't buy into the iPod phase, just I'll skip the iPhone craze as well.

Another thing is that I am very harsh on phones. If i get one to last 12 months, I'm doing great! I recently did something to mine and it's been shutting off and rebooting in the middle of things. I called up my carrier and low - 1 year early, I can still get an "upgrade".

Considered the Rizr - but after playing with it and seeing it's LOUSY pics, I went with a Nokia 5300. I do use mine (Samsung t809) as a mp3 player and video camera, so I needed something comparable to it for replacement (no, don't want the same again - they already upgraded to a better model - t626). Only thing about the Nokia is it looks/is kinda flimsy - insurance again!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does everyone hate Cingular? I just switched from Nextel. Nextel used to kick ass until Sprint started dicking around with the software. I haven't had a problem with Cingular, and I get service everywhere. Even 10 miles out on the Gulf of Mexico while fishing.

TX

I diss Cingular becasue I sold them as they went from Suncom to Cingular and SCREWED alot of people (including several friends of mine). I've also know several people who worked for Suncom during the switch and heard tons of horror stories. I only know 1 who still works with Cingular, now AT&T (which if you stop to think, AT&T went bankrupt and sold to Cingular, now they somehow managed to take over Cingular?!?) I've sold various carriers - Tmobile, Sprint, Alltel, Nextel, Suncom, Cingular and a few local only.

Each has it's PROS and CONS. Each treats each customer differently, some good - some badly.

I've personally had all of the main carriers BUT Nextel and Cingular, there is a reason I've been with my current carrier for as long as I have.

I do know a couple of people that are happy with Cingular, but many are not. It goes for all carriers - some people love them, some people hate them.

Ok, thread Hijack over - sorry :}

QUOTE (lazria) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I diss Cingular becasue I sold them as they went from Suncom to Cingular and SCREWED alot of people (including several friends of mine). I've also know several people who worked for Suncom during the switch and heard tons of horror stories. I only know 1 who still works with Cingular, now AT&T (which if you stop to think, AT&T went bankrupt and sold to Cingular, now they somehow managed to take over Cingular?!?) I've sold various carriers - Tmobile, Sprint, Alltel, Nextel, Suncom, Cingular and a few local only.

Each has it's PROS and CONS. Each treats each customer differently, some good - some badly.

I've personally had all of the main carriers BUT Nextel and Cingular, there is a reason I've been with my current carrier for as long as I have.

I do know a couple of people that are happy with Cingular, but many are not. It goes for all carriers - some people love them, some people hate them.

Ok, thread Hijack over - sorry :}

You didn't mention Verizon...are you with Verizon? If so, how do you like it? I think I'll try them next lol Every 2 years I switch lol.

TX

Sorry, I missed them - both sold and had then for 2-2.5 years. They did me wrong, customer service wise, but the service was descent. Sold me a bad phone, then dropped the phone and kept replacing it with a "remanufactored" one, then screwed w/ my billing and contract date. As soon as I could - I left them for another.

Currently I don't like all the phones they offer (LG ain't known as Lucky Goldstar for nothing) but they do offer some coverage in places that don't, mainly due to the fact they haven't switched to GSM or the Sprint/Nextel version.

Analog coverage extends farther than digital - Altell & Verizon (CDMA) still offer both (or as of 9 months ago), thus explaining why they can get coverage in some places GSM carriers can't. AT&T/Cing still have some analog towers, but they are trying to replace their whole system w/ GSM.

Sprint/Nextel are basiclly starting up a Mixture. Sprint was CDMA, Nextel invinted it's own network.

Cellular networks, coverage, and so on gets comlpexe and strange. It's only get worse as time goes by... if they ever get the VoIP added to the GSM as I heard about last year - that's gonna be fun!

I just wish America wasn't the last place to get cellular technology! Just about ANYWHERE else on the planet gets it before us - it's getting better, but still....

im camping out! haha but it could be because im a diehard mac fan, or it could be because i have nothing better to do with my summer! Oh man, I'm just finishing up my handheld hookah too so if its working well then i can take it with me and make the time pass faster Edited by michaela

haha because im 18 and its summer and i seriously have nothing more productive to do with my life. the most productive thing ive done in the last week was build the handheld hookah. anyways im not planning on starting to camp until like 2 in the morning when i would normally go home so instead of going home im just gonna go wait and watch some movies or something idk i really dont have better things to do with my life lol

i dont see what the big deal is about the iphone. My razr works well enough, and as for the ipod, i dont have one yet.

QUOTE (Kae @ Jun 5 2007, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I buy phones to talk to people.

Gimme a cell phone that takes great digital photos, runs WoW like a champ, opens my beer before bringing it to me, gives head, and cooks me breakfast, and I might pay $500 for it..... wink.gif

hrm... ill dress up like a giant cell phone and do all that for ya for 500$ lol plus gas money to drive wherever you are... but thats besides the point...

QUOTE (pbpredator @ Jun 25 2007, 04:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gimme a cell phone that takes great digital photos, runs WoW like a champ, opens my beer before bringing it to me, gives head, and cooks me breakfast, and I might pay $500 for it..... wink.gif

hrm... ill dress up like a giant cell phone and do all that for ya for 500$ lol plus gas money to drive wherever you are... but thats besides the point...

Hell, I'll do it for free. tongue.gif

Just got my first phone call from an iPhone. It was static-y, distorted, and choppy.

Just my experience, so far wink.gif

QUOTE (insidius @ Jun 25 2007, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG you can run WoW?? Where do I sign up?? O_o

Haven't seen it in person yet, although the line at Stoneridge Mall was out the door, like many other malls I'm sure!

QUOTE (Kae @ Jun 29 2007, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (insidius @ Jun 25 2007, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG you can run WoW?? Where do I sign up?? O_o

I don't think your husband would appreciate you playing WoW on my keyboard.

In any event, this innuendo has gone off topic long enough, neh? tongue.gif

well we all knew that wouldnt last long. really any service provider will work with it but you dont get the message box thing where you can choose which voice message you want to listen to without having to listen to the other ones. the iphone looks cool and lived up to most of its hype but in the end i would say hell no to getting it for the sole reason of the music storage. 8gb is not enough for me.....not even close.

personally i like this feature thats out by t-mobile http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/05/technolo...nyt&emc=rss

make all my calls over a cell phone for free when im at my house or a friends house or many other places? im sooo there