Orders Are In, And Here Is The Funnel Mod, Upclose And Personal

My new order is in! I have some pictures of the Scalli funnel mod so everyone can get the idea of how it works.

Here is my new order, still waiting on a tin Starbuzz Guava.

The funnel mod top.

The funnel mod bottom.

The funnel mod on medium Tangiers funnel bowl.

Instead of the air just passing through the center funnel, it is diverted, and passes through the tobacco and then through the center funnel. It allows you to use less heat and tobacco than a unmodified funnel to get the same amount of smoke. Edited by Sir Tony

QUOTE (Sir Tony @ Jan 6 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead of the air just passing through the center funnel, it is diverted, and passes through the tobacco and then through the center funnel. It allows you to use less heat and tobacco than a unmodified funnel to get the same amount of smoke.

Does this eliminate the small layer of unused maassel I usualy seem to end up with by the mods drawing of the air under the tobacco? If it does that would be quite a worthwhile modification.

I love my funnel, that is the only quirk I found with it.

QUOTE (cohlineman @ Jan 6 2007, 02:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sir Tony @ Jan 6 2007, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Instead of the air just passing through the center funnel, it is diverted, and passes through the tobacco and then through the center funnel. It allows you to use less heat and tobacco than a unmodified funnel to get the same amount of smoke.

Does this eliminate the small layer of unused maassel I usualy seem to end up with by the mods drawing of the air under the tobacco? If it does that would be quite a worthwhile modification.

I love my funnel, that is the only quirk I found with it.

Yep, Sir Tony explained it exactly. Instead of it smoking down to a hard puck, it's a stale crunchy donut smile.gif If you smoke it all the way it will not have any goo and will smoke nicely until you reach that point.
Oh, and Tony I would throw a little in a bowl and give it a try without acclimating. I have smoked it out of the fridge and it was good.
If you put a layer of foil over the outside of the mod it makes cleaning it easier. Edited by Scalliwag

Interesting. In truth, I like the fact that you don't have to draw air through the tobacco, so packing it is easier. If you have too much tobacco, you can't draw enough air through it. I will be fascinated to find out how they work...might have to steal that idea...with Scalli's permission.

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jan 7 2007, 06:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interesting. In truth, I like the fact that you don't have to draw air through the tobacco, so packing it is easier. If you have too much tobacco, you can't draw enough air through it. I will be fascinated to find out how they work...might have to steal that idea...with Scalli's permission.

where can i get the little scalli mod?

Ya'll do realize that is a 1/2in copper cap found in any hardware store for like 50 cents, right guys? It would be faster for you to make it yourself than to wait on MNhookah to make it for you.

Just saying... cause I happen to work in a hardware store. wink.gif

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 10 2007, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya'll do realize that is a 1/2in copper cap found in any hardware store for like 50 cents, right guys? It would be faster for you to make it yourself than to wait on MNhookah to make it for you.

Thats what I was thinking, I was confused on why someone would buy that...lol. I've heard copper is hazardous to smoke through. Edited by unleashtheclown

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 9 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif

yeah the whole time I was thinking this mod must be something big if no pictures have been posted. I thought it was a full top and would look like Smileys glass screens. Boy I was wrong. When I saw it finally I, basically said holy shit. Thats pretty damn basic. I just dont get how scalli came up with the damn idea.

QUOTE (unleashtheclown @ Jan 10 2007, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 10 2007, 01:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats what I was thinking, I was confused on why someone would buy that...lol. I've heard copper is hazardous to smoke through.

Copper is poisonous and reacts badly with CO2 water (like soda). Brass (a copper alloy) seems to be quite safe when used in hookahs. If I could get the importers to get off their asses, I would use and sell nothing but Syrian brass pipes!
  • Upvote 1

QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jan 10 2007, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Copper is poisonous and reacts badly with CO2 water (like soda). Brass (a copper alloy) seems to be quite safe when used in hookahs. If I could get the importers to get off their asses, I would use and sell nothing but Syrian brass pipes!

i wouldnt take any chances if i were yall, you never know- and then when you do end up with cancer you dont know who to blame because you made the mod yourself! those syrian brass pipes dont have brass bowls though and so the particles are not being excited or reacted.

this is the thing though.. its not poisionous. It has no contact with any soda or water, just heat. Copper tubing is generally used for many things like hot water heaters.... the copper line is how you get the hot water to take your shower. You could use brass, but either way... it will still cost you less than a dollar and 5 minutes of your time. My only problem with brass is, its more stubborn than copper, so it would be harder to form into a mod.

Scalli, you are indeed a ingenious man for having the insight to design something like this. *thumbsup*

QUOTE ([LB] @ Jan 10 2007, 03:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Sonthert @ Jan 10 2007, 03:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i wouldnt take any chances if i were yall, you never know- and then when you do end up with cancer you dont know who to blame because you made the mod yourself! those syrian brass pipes dont have brass bowls though and so the particles are not being excited or reacted.

How do you know that the mod that people are buying from mnhookah is infact not made with copper? They look copper to me. I personally dont care for my funnel bowl, I prefer large regular tangiers heads. Edited by unleashtheclown

So do copper windings in motors like fans that get very hot produce poisonous gas? I always thought since brass and aluminum were less expensive than copper that hookahs and other ornamental items were made from them. Is hot water transferred through copper pipe poisonous? I really doubt it that it is not used because it is poisonous?

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Jan 10 2007, 03:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So do copper windings in motors like fans that get very hot produce poisonous gas? I always thought since brass and aluminum were less expensive than copper that hookahs and other ornamental items were made from them. Is hot water transferred through copper pipe poisonous? I really doubt it that it is not used because it is poisonous?

I just know smoking out of copper releases harmful toxins. Hot water pipes will taste metallic when first installed but its not harmful

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Jan 9 2007, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly... i mean guys.. look at the mod... its clearly copper. And people (including scalli) have been smoking it before they "thought" it was posionous with no adverse effects. all I am saying is, if you want to replicate the mod, you can with something that costs less than 50 cents.