America The New Third World

Thank you CNN for posting this on the news! you too fox news! You stupid corporate bastards, sorry excuse for a news network.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnnOOo6tRs8

The economy is totally in the shitter folks smile.gif

But good old CNN and the feds would love to see you keep spending those paycheques as soon as you get them.

Oh and don't blame those people for their circumstances.

Remember, U.S banks have been pushing mortgaged down your throats that you had no feasible way to repay.

As long as they could illusion your TDSR to be around the 55-60% range on that mortgage, that's one more commision for your mortgage broker.

Also another thing to point out, that beloved N.Y Governer that is getting his ass kicked in the media for having a prostitute was poking his head around in the banks business.

The only reason he got caught for prostitiution was to get him out of the way smile.gif

I'll post some supporting links later, not like it matters though the above is the truth.

But for the thread at hand, any opinions?

Good old reporting by the BBC......

I wonder when that will make headlines.......

Oh wait britney speares sister is still knocked up.

Oh and don't tell them to get jobs either, the good old illegal immigration policy put an end to that. Edited by Brownman18

Oh and good old bush

http://www.plenglish.com/article.asp?ID={2...amp;language=EN

Buying up some nice property in Paraguay aint he?

Oh wait its a cuban news feed, damn communists it must be fake ?

Don't expect that to hit CNN either.

That son of a bitch is going to be long gone when the shit hits the fan, along with all the money he has stolen out of the pockets of the good old americans.

" He termed it “surprising” that the Bush family is trying to settle a few short miles from the US Mariscal Estigarribia Military Base.

Argentinean Adolfo Perez Esquivel warned that the real war will be fought not for oil, but for water, and recalled that Acuifero Guaraní is one of the largest underground water reserves in South America, running beneath Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay (larger than Texas and California together).

“The southern US states are already struggling with water shortages," asserted the 1980 Nobel Peace Prizewinner.

Orlando Castillo, Paraguay Peace and Justice Service member, recalled the US military buildup in Chaco under a bilateral agreement."

Google that military base for some real fun, it's got alot of fire power, more then enough to keep the royalty that is the Bush's safe.

"brownman you stupid canadian"

if you wanna jump on that bandwagon and anything of the sorts, i suggest if your american and reading this you go out and purchase a firearm with your first amendment right as fast as possible. Because that right will be striped from you soon.

Wow... USA as the new third world? As in Africa-poor?
I love sensationalizing upon occasion but the title strips your findings of any credibility for me.

QUOTE (erufiku @ Mar 16 2008, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow... USA as the new third world? As in Africa-poor?
I love sensationalizing upon occasion but the title strips your findings of any credibility for me.

It would appear all economists are pegging that the U.S economy is fucked over. Which it is, a recession is inevitable, now one on the scale of the 1930's thats still up for debate. But yes a recession will arrive.

No America is not yet a third world country, but with the mortgage crisis and the big "social security mess" which hasn't had any spotlight in the news for some time that problem still has not been corrected.

It would appear more tent cities will start occuring as people loose their homes.

I guess it's good that the bush family has purchased almost 100,000 acres in paraguay, they have taken arrangements to ride out the recession elsewere.

It's a good thing that most american's can also do that right?

Oh wait no they can't they'll live in tents.......... quite the American Patriot president.

QUOTE (Hookah_Bob3 @ Mar 16 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do realize that recessions are natural phases in economic growth, right? Water shortages? We're going to fight wars with water now? The south doesn't have any water shortages. Your news fails sad.gif

http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page?_pageid=2...;_schema=PORTAL

"With rainfall in 2006 and 2007 far below normal, South Florida is experiencing the third driest season on record. Because of the regional water shortage conditions,"

from one simple gooogle search.

Your right though, theirs no water shortage.

CNN hasn't said their was right? Amirite?

also that link was found from one simple google search, with many others supporting similar conclusions.

Expecting aspects of the economy to become stale and in the case right now, expecting a recession often results in a self fulfilling prophecy. The media just advances the rate of the process.

QUOTE (PhishPhood @ Mar 16 2008, 07:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but "third world" does not necessarily mean poor. It means a country which refused to alli with either us or the Germans during world war II..

Ask and ye shall receive...

"Third World" is a term necessarily descriptive of countries in the periphery during the Cold War, which were not directly occupied by either Western democracies ("first world") or the Soviet bloc ("second world"). I underline the word 'directly' because in dozens of cases the US possessed and inverted these countries neoimperially. Italy, Australia, and Canada are examples of "first world" countries. Yugoslavia, Lithuania and China are examples of "second world" countries. Cuba, Vietnam and Guam are examples of "third world countries".

Does the term "third world" necessarily mean poor? Well, for all practical purposes, yes it does. In today's context, the term "third world" still refers to the "periphery" states from the Cold War era, but it is more usefully synonymous with "the developing world", "underdeveloped" or "less developed countries", "non-industrialized states", or my general preference "the global South".

Could America become, or is it already a "less developed" or "third world" country? No, probably not. The only imaginable way that the US could become a part of the "third world" is if it was nuked to shit and totally collapsed into anarchy, vis-a-vis Mad Max. Even in the post-apocalyptic television drama Jericho, (great show btw), wherein over a dozen major US cities are destroyed, the landscape is radioactive, the government is in shambles and people all over the place are resorting to boiling their shoes for nutrition, the population is still far better off than countries of the "third world" are today. Edited by gaia.plateau

QUOTE (Brownman18 @ Mar 16 2008, 12:40 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I didn't wanna post this link but what the hell.

If you love america, read George Washington's prophecy.

http://www.888c.com/yGW01.htm

That was a waste of time to read.
first impressions were right.

The USA has been teetering on being part of the turd-world for some time, that's not really news to anyone with a bit of wit about them... but then most of the country is more interested in the next installment of "American Idol" (maybe better called America Idle?).

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 16 2008, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Someone correct me if I'm wrong but "third world" does not necessarily mean poor. It means a country which refused to alli with either us or the Germans during world war II..

"Third World" is a term necessarily descriptive of countries in the periphery during the Cold War, which were not directly occupied by either Western democracies ("first world") or the Soviet bloc ("second world"). I underline the word 'directly' because in dozens of cases the US possessed and inverted these countries neoimperially. Italy, Australia, and Canada are examples of "first world" countries. Yugoslavia, Lithuania and China are examples of "second world" countries. Cuba, Vietnam and Guam are examples of "third world countries".

Ya, again Gaia's anti American sentiments show up. A partially true statement omitting the fact the USSR & China were more aggressive in their attempts to expand the com-block. But in Gaia fashion, complain abut the USA, and never the poor fluffy communists, every Canadian knows they were only victims in the whole global scheme of the USA.

Give me a break.

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 17 2008, 11:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya, again Gaia's anti American sentiments show up. A partially true statement omitting the fact the USSR & China were more aggressive in their attempts to expand the com-block. But in Gaia fashion, complain abut the USA, and never the poor fluffy communists, every Canadian knows they were only victims in the whole global scheme of the USA.

Give me a break.

What?

QUOTE (Brownman18 @ Mar 16 2008, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hookah_Bob3 @ Mar 16 2008, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You do realize that recessions are natural phases in economic growth, right? Water shortages? We're going to fight wars with water now? The south doesn't have any water shortages. Your news fails sad.gif

http://www.sfwmd.gov/portal/page?_pageid=2...;_schema=PORTAL

"With rainfall in 2006 and 2007 far below normal, South Florida is experiencing the third driest season on record. Because of the regional water shortage conditions,"

from one simple gooogle search.

Your right though, theirs no water shortage.

CNN hasn't said their was right? Amirite?

also that link was found from one simple google search, with many others supporting similar conclusions.

CNN doesn't really have to. You'll know when there are water shortages because cities and states start imposing laws to curb water usage during times of drought. One or two states going through a few dry seasons doesn't exactly suggest imminent wars over drinkable water, though. When I lived in Texas there were a few years when the man-made lakes and water sources were overflowing, while some years they were so low that watering lawns was outlawed. That isn't really anything new for that region, though.

QUOTE (Virgil @ Mar 17 2008, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Brownman18 @ Mar 15 2008, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
... i suggest if your american and reading this you go out and purchase a firearm with your first amendment right as fast as possible. Because that right will be striped from you soon.

To.... shoot my self?

Naw, man, if you are going to kill yourself with your 1st amend right you are going to have to beat yourself to death with a Bible... a bit like Obama's minister is doing.

shooting yourself would require the second amendment.

I do, however agree with Brownman. The gov will take away firearms as quickly as possible.

as mentioned before, the second ammendment is the right to bear arms. And it has not been (I think the word is nationalized by the state governments) hence you actually do not have the right to bear arms in every state. It needs to be taken to the supreme court to be nationalized. /yourcredibility.

QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 17 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give me a break.

Whaa???? He is applying the same to the "second world" countries which were possessed in the same manner by the USSR.
Scotsman, I think you expect too much bias from gaia so you see it where it isn't, leading to your own bias.

SO SHUT UP AND STOP BITCHING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S BIAS.

wry.gif

Anyway...

Yea, we're going into a recession. Yea, it's going to be a big one. Yea, the rich families are buying external assets. And yea, banks are greedy bastards who use personal information to fuck over their opposition.

None of this is new.

And browman, you deserve the flaming that I want to give you for the george washington thing, but I'm kind of drunk and tired from flaming scotsman. You lucky bastard. Edited by St. Goodypants

QUOTE (St. Goodypants @ Mar 19 2008, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TheScotsman @ Mar 17 2008, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give me a break.

Whaa???? He is applying the same to the "second world" countries which were possessed in the same manner by the USSR.
Scotsman, I think you expect too much bias from gaia so you see it where it isn't, leading to your own bias.

SO SHUT UP AND STOP BITCHING ABOUT SOMEONE ELSE'S BIAS.

wry.gif

I just wrote a pretty smashing paper on US and Soviet expansionism and imperialism during the Cold War... part of it argued that, in America, the Cold War was intentionally started and exaggerated to distract people from the global imperial actions of the US, such as overthrowing dozens of free, functioning democracies and replacing them with brutal fascist dictatorships, just to maintain US economic and geopolitical control. I'd PM it to Scotsman but its 17 pages and I don't want to crash the forum.

It isn't anti-Americanism, it's objectivity.