America The New Third World

QUOTE (Hookah_Bob3 @ Mar 20 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just so you all know, no state government can EVER take away your right to own a firearm. They can only take away the right to have a concealed weapons permit. A state government can never overrule the U.S. Constitution.

Ya but thats "bending" my right and they can bend as much as they want until someone takes it to the supreme court and they decide that it is unconstitutional. And you cant buy a ak-47 concealed or not .50 cal? Nope unless it was grandfathered in. In California if you contest a ticket you DO NOT get a trail buy jury.

"In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law." - Seventh Amendment. This seems like state government taking away my right.

QUOTE (voski @ Mar 21 2008, 03:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Hookah_Bob3 @ Mar 20 2008, 12:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just so you all know, no state government can EVER take away your right to own a firearm. They can only take away the right to have a concealed weapons permit. A state government can never overrule the U.S. Constitution.

Ya but thats "bending" my right and they can bend as much as they want until someone takes it to the supreme court and they decide that it is unconstitutional. And you cant buy a ak-47 concealed or not .50 cal? Nope unless it was grandfathered in. In California if you contest a ticket you DO NOT get a trail buy jury.

"In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law." - Seventh Amendment. This seems like state government taking away my right.

why the hell would you want a .50 cal??? 

Shit, I'm happy that I can buy a .44 magnum.

I'll use it against ManBearPig.

the whole thing about this is.. the more people there are in america=more homeless. how can a person only work 1 day a week, mcdonalds is always hiring. i believe most homeless people are either lazy, drug addicts or drunks. as for america ever being a 3rd world. propaganda.

QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 21 2008, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i believe most homeless people are either lazy, drug addicts or drunks.

biggrin.gif Now what could you be basing this on...

QUOTE (Bill O'Reilly)
"(People remain homeless because) they wanna get drunk, or they wanna get high, or they don't want to work because they're too lazy"
http://mediamatters.org/items/200604210003

At least you reversed the order wink.gif

Homeless vetrans in the US speak out against this type of attitude

In fact, debilitating mental illnesses such as schizophrenia and manic depression, physical and sexual abuse, abject poverty, and other involuntary health conditions such as diabetes and cancer are among the leading causes of homelessness in America.
http://mediamatters.org/items/200604210003

Reasons for homelessness

Hate crimes against the homeless

Misconceptions about Homelessness
Just getting a job won't get anyone off the street. Maintaining a job that pays enough to afford housing and other living expenses is what is necessary. Being without housing, transportation, food, and other necessities makes it nearly impossible to become established enough to maintain any kind of meaningful work. A significant percentage of homeless people can't maintain jobs due to physical or mental problems.

Facts about the types of people that become homeless

39% of homeless in America are under the age of 18, almost half of which are under the age of 5. 49% of homeless in America are African-American. 40% of homeless in America served in the armed forces. (While only 34% of the American population served in the Armed Forces... which means that after serving in the US military, you have a greater chance of becoming homeless than not). So 80% of the homeless in your country are vetrans and minors- are they all lazy drunks and junkies, then? Edited by gaia.plateau

ive met my fair share of alcoholics and lazy people and people who have a history of drugs in the military, as far as being past military is concerned, ive met several folks that have been kicked out because they have trouble following the rules, cant adapt to military lifestyles and are kicked out.

as far as military goes, you can stay 20 years easily and retire and get a good paycheck. if your kicked out cause of medical reasons caused by the military you do get compensation for that. alot of people dont make it past 4 years, which is why i believe those numbers are so high.

16% suffer from mental illness and 65% suffer from addictions.

QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 21 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The U.S. Conference of Mayors’ number in 2005 was 30%, and the frequently cited figure of about 65% is probably at least double the real rate for current addiction disorders among all single adults who are homeless in a year.
Peer reviewed, nationally sponsered, academic study.

The more important question is, of those 30%, how many became addicts after becoming homeless, and of those 30%, how many had opportunities which would allow them to reach society's defined goals, and turned to addictive substances as an alternative form of gratification?

QUOTE (gaia.plateau @ Mar 21 2008, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Canon @ Mar 21 2008, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The U.S. Conference of Mayors' number in 2005 was 30%, and the frequently cited figure of about 65% is probably at least double the real rate for current addiction disorders among all single adults who are homeless in a year.
Peer reviewed, nationally sponsered, academic study.

The more important question is, of those 30%, how many became addicts after becoming homeless, and of those 30%, how many had opportunities which would allow them to reach society's defined goals, and turned to addictive substances as an alternative form of gratification?

another good question is how many programs are available for people with various addictions such as drugs and alcohol, and how many homeless people take these programs instead of standing on the street with a sign asking for free money and saying God bless you?