Tom Cococha Coconut Coals

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1.5 hours ? nice!

QUOTE (shisha fan @ Jan 24 2008, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i got these coconut coals from a german site (shisha-world.com) and they`re awesome. they come in little cubes that are the perfect size and burn odorless (for about 1.5 hours). just wanted to let everyone here know about them.

That sounds magical. Might have to check them out...I wonder how the international shipping would be though...

QUOTE (iamscott06 @ Jan 24 2008, 09:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow those peices look small! Have you smoked with them yet?

they look small because the box is big but they`re about 1.8x1.8 cm.

i already smoked ten bowls with them and i`ll order them again next time. they`re real cheap too, only 8 euros or 12 dollars for 3kg.

QUOTE (MechAnt @ Jan 24 2008, 10:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've lusted after coals like this for the longest time. My friend brought some over from germany and ever since, I've been looking for them. With coconara in the US now, we'll have to see...

yeah those look good too, only a bit expensive with 12 bucks for only 84 pieces.

• 10 months later...
Anyone know where I can get these coals in the U.S.? I used Cococha's when I was stationed in Saudi Arabia but I can't seem to find a U.S. site that sells them. I can't smoke with quicklites much longer....

Ok, I think I saw those those at a local shop the other day, I was thinking about trying them.. If there as good as you think, I'll buy them tomorrow or so.. Would be a great alternative to exoticas, they're almost done..

they`re good coals, but you have to make sure that they`re completely lit before you place them on the bowl otherwise they will leave a distinct smell and taste.

but they`re alot cheaper than coconaras (at least where i bought them) and they last up to 1 and a half hours.

QUOTE (ToncSTAR @ Dec 9 2008, 05:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, 9 bucks for 3kg of coco coals?

assuming i did the currency coversion correctly..
awesome.

8 euros equals $10 at the current exchange rates, but thats still cheap.
coals are about the only cheap hookah product europeans can get, everything else is alot more pricey than in the united states.

Very good coals, i use cocobrico wich seems to be exactly the same, even the packaging and price. I can confirm they last about an hour and a half/two hours. I start with two on the bowl and add a third after an hour for a two hour smoke.
My local guy did have a bad batch where they're twice as big for some reason, i had to cut them in half wich is a pain.

Weird, "TOM" also makes cocobrico (also natural coconut coals...no shit happy.gif ) but they come in 1kg packages. They work really well (and i can get them from a local place for just like 5-6$) but i have always wanted to compare them with coconaras so i bought some with my first order from the states. I think i´ll make a review about them soon (and also make a thread about my order and the wonder that is mnhookah Hookah.gif ).

I prefer these over both the Coco Naras and John's coconut coals. Best coals I've ever used, to bad I don't have a proper way of lighting them anymore. Friggin hot-plate turns itself off before I get any coconut coals fully lit, so I'm actually thinking of buying a second hotplate and transfer the coals over to it as soon as the first one turns itself off. Anyways, these coals are fantastic: no smell, no taste, lasts for longer than any other coals I've tried and barely ashes. The only hookah-related product I buy from Europe.

QUOTE (Balthazar @ Dec 9 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I prefer these over both the Coco Naras and John's coconut coals. Best coals I've ever used, to bad I don't have a proper way of lighting them anymore. Friggin hot-plate turns itself off before I get any coconut coals fully lit, so I'm actually thinking of buying a second hotplate and transfer the coals over to it as soon as the first one turns itself off. Anyways, these coals are fantastic: no smell, no taste, lasts for longer than any other coals I've tried and barely ashes. The only hookah-related product I buy from Europe.

lol that's insane! have you seen this:

Kohleanzünder

You can find it in www.shisha-net.de

It's actually a bit expensive, 30€, but it's a spiral hotplate, so you should have no problem to light your coals. I'm going to buy one for sure, as soon as I have the money laugh.gif

QUOTE (4d1ct3d @ Dec 9 2008, 01:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kohleanzünder

It's actually a bit expensive, 30€, but it's a spiral hotplate, so you should have no problem to light your coals. I'm going to buy one for sure, as soon as I have the money laugh.gif

Looks really nice, despite the price. If I'm reading this right they're made custom for the store, so I guess that means we won't be seeing these in the states dry.gif . Says it'll fully light the coals within 5 mins, and it's got a 2 yr guarantee... if I was a euro I'd scoop that up. Doesn't hurt that it looks pretty cool too hahaha

QUOTE (4d1ct3d @ Dec 9 2008, 07:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Balthazar @ Dec 9 2008, 11:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol that's insane! have you seen this:

Kohleanzünder

I'll admit that I don't know the first thing about that thing, and that it looks like a beast tongue.gif. But damn, I want it. Could you put up a review when you get it? Finally a good heating alternative for the EU people.