Royalhookahs.com

I just went to Royalhookahs.com to order the windscreen Cypress so kindly directed me to. Beautiful piece....reasonably priced at 7.99. I even found a nice charcaol carrier for another 10 bucks...
Now the fun part....they want to charge 7 bucks to ship just the cover, if I add the carrier, it jumps 5 BUCKS to $12 to ship an $18 order. Now i deal with shipping every day and I know it isn't going to cist anywhere near $12 to ship that package even UPS. the $5 jump in price for the extra item is especially outrageous.
Just to check something I started with the windscreen at 7 and added 1 50g box of naklha. And the shipping jumped up to 12 again.
SO....THE LESSON IS THAT ROYALHOOKAHS.COM IS ROYALSC**WYA.COM
too bad, i really liked that windscreen.
Comments from anyone working there who reads the Forum?

Funny thing...
When i went to check my email this evening..I had a messege from Royalhookah.com customer service.
Hello,We usually use UPS or USPS for shipping. Believe it or not, but most of the time our shippping costs are more than what we charge the customer. We have recently changed our shipping break down, so please check that out at www.royalhookahs.com thanksRoyal Hookahs> Hi,> I was wondering what method you use for shipping?> I was also curious how shipping a $8 windcover costs> $7, and adding a $10 charcoal carrier adds a full $5> more? Thats $12 for an $18 order!>   Do you figure shipping by weight or by the piece?> Adam Bliss
So I went and checked. NOW the cover and coal carrier only cost $7 total for shipping. Much more reasonable. So now i guess I can place my order. I'll let you know how it works out.
Too bad they don't have better Ma'asell  (worth a try)

cypress,
Well, they had what I wanted, prices weren't great but they HAD it and that's more important than having a great price and always being sold out i figure.
Ya, I'll get my ma'asell from hookahcompany.com seem to have an impressive selection...
I just checked out their shipping charges list. They're still ripping people off by charging by total purchase cost  instead of by weight. UPS chrages by weight for standard packages. So a hookah is going to cost the same to ship no matter if it's a $30 job or a $200 job if they weigh even within a few pounds of each other.
But heck, if people don't complain, nothing will ever change.
Also noticed their web site says shipping in 1-2 days, but the confirmation letter I got says 3. I guess we'll see....

I was just browsing around on royalhookahs.com and saw the 2 hose rotator. I have been looking around lately for a nice rotator to pick up and this looks like it could be the one. I really like the look of it and in the description they state, "ours is made of 100% solid stainless steel metal that will not fade or rust". does this mean the shaft as well as stem, etc? Has anyone here purchased a hookah from this dealer? Thanks guys, Jeff.

sorry, i was gonna add the pic and forgot to...[img]http://www.royalhookahs.com/images/hookah%202-hose%20rotator%20full%20copy.jpg[/img]

Well, after the sudden drop in their shipping I ordered the windscreen and coal carrier. Figured if I was Going to say something about it I should put my money where my mouth was and buy the stuff when they changed it.
I'll let you know how smoothly my transaction runs if you can wait a few days for it to get here.
Still think they way they price is not right... I'll remeber to watch what I order.

Jeff_T, if there is a question about the stainless parts you might want
to just go ahead and call after we hear word from mushrat. Calling in
the order might also be a plus as there may be a problem with the
website calculating shipping. Sounds like they did not have a problem
lowering the shipping. If the shipping seems too much over the phone
just cancel the order.

Oh, there is nothing wrong with the shipping calculator. Its the price structure thats messed up. They charge by value, not weight. Though I'm not sure how much increased insurance coverage drives up the price. UPS does the first $100 in insurance free. Not sure how much more higher costs.
But atleast it makes a lot MORE sense now.

• 2 weeks later...
update time.
They appear to have lost track of my order. Took my $7 and sent it bloody parcel post through the post office. Was supposed to be with tracking, but all that says is that it was sent out on April 23rd. Nothing more.
My local post office says it should be here by now. Contacted Royalhookahs and they said that they have decided to stop using the post office and that I should file a claim. I pointed out that THEY have to file the claim since THEY sent it. I also requested that they fed-ex or ups me my order again, and that i'd refuse or return to sender the original shipment should it arrive. This is NOT making me pleased. I guess I'm getting good at finding the companies NOT to order from. too bad as they are the only ones i can find with brass wind screens.
I'll keep you all posted.

Get this...
They are suddenly claiming it has been delivered!
Since the tracking says otherwise this now becomes...mail fraud.
If i do not get a real answer out of them tomorrow I have looked up the proper form and will be fileing it with the postmaster here in Raleigh. Lucky for me I live in the state capital.
Stay away from royalhookahs.com

whew. im really glad i decided to go with hookah-shisha.com for my rotator. im very, very pleased with it and it came in three days, standard shipping, with everything i ordered, no problem. sorry to hear man. good luck with it.

• 2 weeks later...