Is Anyone Interested In What Life Is Like In Iraq

cemab4y

I am an American civilian computer technician currently posted to Iraq. This is an interesting assignment, I have been here for 18 months. I have a blog of my experiences, please see

http://www.cemab4y.blogspot.com

I will be delighted to answer any questions about my assignment here. I like Iraq. I came here for one year, and I am going to stay for three years.

I am restricted to base, and not permitted to go outside the wire, except by military aircraft. NO Iraqis work on this base, only Americans and some carefully screened third-country nationals (Filipinos, Indians, Nepalese, etc.) The little shop here on the base sells Hookahs and some tobacco and supplies, but there is no hookah lounge, or anywhere to smoke except in your trailer.

I probably will not enjoy smoking much, until I return to my home in Washington DC, in August 2008.

• 1 month later...
HEy there hows Iraq? I hope you are fine. I have a friend there Local by the name Abu Bakar he's a good person and owns a Tea house i guess and he sales shisha too. I don't remember wheres the location is but if i know i'll post it here so you can enjoy his cafe. Peace have a nice day smile.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Not really, I just know it's real tough just like the rest of the middle east and needs terraformation so make it habitable by civilized folks. It must be really hard to route out the psycho religious suiciders though.

Great blog. Your Memorial Day post had me all teary-eyed =] Then it made me wanna give my soldier a marital highfive wink.gif lol Edited by ghostofdavid
Keep it classy, San Diego!