diffrent kind of smoking?

HI!
i've bought my hookah (sheesha) in Tunisia. there is diffrent kind of smoking like in most other countries. they simply put the tobaccos on metal flat (!) bowl and charcoal strightly on it (without a metal foil!!!!!).important is, that the charcoal is not like round drops, but very natural unregular pieces strightly from heated grill standing by. everybody smoke like this-realy.... at the beagining i smoked this way too. the smoke was very flavoured and intensiv-but shortly turned to strong and almost toxic... i sow i Syrian spicyschop i my town that they use a foil etc.and i become smoking in this way, but i think i do something wrong, because the smoke i rar, and not intensiv in flavour and i must realy strong suck to make it. i've got a fev questions: if the foil should touch the tobacco?, how many  holes must be in foil and how many? and how tu put tobacco in bowl hard or airfilled?
last question which tobacco of nakhla is worth of spending monay because it is the one avalible in my country (f...Poland)
PS.sorry for my english,but i hope i'm anderstood...

Just to answer your questions quickly...the foil should never touch the tobacco but there should be about a half a centimeter of room between the foil and tobacco at least since the tobacco shouldn't burn. The number of holes varies but for nakhla I have found that about 15 or so holes work well. The tobacco should be sprinkled in losely, never squished in. As for Nakhla, I have liked double apple and pineapple so far....also don't worry about your english, understnding what you meantw as no problem

the lounge near me makes the smoking available in that fashion, its a
shallow bowl with the tobacco in a pile and they just put the coals
right on, you can also get a normal bowl and foil if u want, i usualy
get foil because the coals directly on the tobacco lasts about half as
long