Anyone Make Their Own Hookah?

Joe_Dirt

I'm new to the whole hookah scene, but I'm wondering if any of you out there has made thier own Hookah? Not just a traditional base and some parts and pieces thrown together, but actually created something from nothing.

I'm in the process of building my own 'industrial' hookah... just seeing if anyone else has done anything like it.

QUOTE (Joe_Dirt @ Feb 13 2007, 12:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm new to the whole hookah scene, but I'm wondering if any of you out there has made thier own Hookah? Not just a traditional base and some parts and pieces thrown together, but actually created something from nothing.

I'm in the process of building my own 'industrial' hookah... just seeing if anyone else has done anything like it.

Welcome to the forum. If you go to the forum's main page (www.hookahforum.com) and then you click on "The How-To Fun House" you will find a few different homemade hookahs. Once again, welcome to the forum.

I want to make a table hookah, I figure most of it would be existing hookah parts though. oh and for ease of cleaning purposes, stainless steel flex tubing, running from the bowl to the smoke chamber, that can be taken out.

I just made one becuase my hookah always tastes like tropical and that sucks no matter how hard i clean it its always the same, ill put up some pics but please excuse the stupid camera phone quality.

hahah as you can see its made from a tin of vanilla creme wafers, copper piping, foil, a HDD platter and a claypeice oh and some hot glue to hold it all together. But dont get me wrong this thing smokes like a champion, its portable, its smokes well and i actually think its better than the $50+ ones ive bought for this reason alone. look at the last picture there see how far away the "Sucking Pipe" is away from the stem? not very far probably 3 cm or so in length so the sucking pipe is quite close to the water, you guys might say yea but u might suck it nome water well the water never realy gets in and if it does it dosnt make it past the bend in the middle, But the main thing ive found is having it that far up i Never breath in bits of crap like with my other ones bits of stuf might come out the pipe every now and then but its never pappened with this. when i empty the water i see there are bits of crap at the bottom but then never come through the pipe.

thanks for the welcomes!

I looked around in the fun section and saw a lot of good ideas.

As for the Hookah my roomate and I are building, it is a bit off the wall and would be considered 'industrial' We both attend an automotive based trade school and love cars and smoking, so what better to do than combine the two?? cool.gif Plus its using stuff we had in the garage plus misc. extra hookah pieces

For the base we are going to use an axle housing from a Toyota. After alot of scrubbing and cleaning to make it sterile, we are going to cut the ends off and cap them so it will hold water. To seal if off we are using a piece of plexi-glass and a stem that we have from an old hookah.

This project might not be for everyone here, but it works for us. i'll try to get pictures soon.

thanks

QUOTE (Joe_Dirt @ Feb 14 2007, 05:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for the welcomes!

I looked around in the fun section and saw a lot of good ideas.

As for the Hookah my roomate and I are building, it is a bit off the wall and would be considered 'industrial' We both attend an automotive based trade school and love cars and smoking, so what better to do than combine the two?? cool.gif Plus its using stuff we had in the garage plus misc. extra hookah pieces

For the base we are going to use an axle housing from a Toyota. After alot of scrubbing and cleaning to make it sterile, we are going to cut the ends off and cap them so it will hold water. To seal if off we are using a piece of plexi-glass and a stem that we have from an old hookah.

This project might not be for everyone here, but it works for us. i'll try to get pictures soon.

thanks

wont it rust? rust and hookah dont go good together

Cyph:Having had a commercially built table that DIDN'T work. And having taken it appart to find out why, I can probably help you built one that WILL work. If you are truely interested.

yep sure am. another thing I was interested in was making a electric way to heat the tobacco, kinda waiting on a review of the electic bowl for 49.99 to find out how that works before trying my idea.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...