Help With My Mom

seppaku

People learn to accept what they initially dont like, i mean dare i say it theres lots worse things out there than shisha. She should be happy that if you are going to choose a drug other than drinking that it is only shisha - least it's not ciggy's

just MO

buy one. bring it home. when your mom tells you to get rid of it tell her how much you speant on it. thats what im doing. and om hoping it will work. weired thing is i told my mom im mailing myself back absinthe and she told my brother and she was completley chill with it but is dead against me smoking.

QUOTE (Vancity604 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
buy one. bring it home. when your mom tells you to get rid of it tell her how much you speant on it. thats what im doing. and om hoping it will work. weired thing is i told my mom im mailing myself back absinthe and she told my brother and she was completley chill with it but is dead against me smoking.

thats exactly how my mom is....its kind of ridiculous rolleyes.gif it might be because my mom is superreligious...i have know idea goodluck with your mom 2 Van

I feel your pain man, sorta had the same thing with my parents. Knew i drank, told me that they were fine with me "experimenting", being in college and all. But shit, i had to choose the one thing that they hated, i had to hide my hookah from them all summer when i was living there. Just be creative, its possible.

yeah. im pretty swure she wont reem me out. i have a bong sitting on top of my tv. i told her im buying one and she didnt really care. but when i asked her to buy me the smiley hookah and she put her foot down. but yeah. my money, doing good in school kinda sorta. and have worked 4 months straight from 3-7 and every weekend. so i think i have proven my responsibility. haha.

Well if you're 18, and don't wanna break your mom's heart, just drive to another city and smoke in public. No worries.

For the minors, yeah I just keep it hidden, I'm in enough legal trouble.

Just compromise, she'll probably never accept smoking, but just convince her that you are coming to the age where you can make your own decisions, and it's your body. Just show her that the hookah is here to stay, but you won't do it purposely to displease her. Like every once in a while. She's probably more concerned that you're gonna make it a habit.

QUOTE (Vancity604 @ Jan 30 2007, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah. im pretty swure she wont reem me out. i have a bong sitting on top of my tv. i told her im buying one and she didnt really care. but when i asked her to buy me the smiley hookah and she put her foot down. but yeah. my money, doing good in school kinda sorta. and have worked 4 months straight from 3-7 and every weekend. so i think i have proven my responsibility. haha.

Ya i used to smoke the green, but stopped because of my mom...she should be thankful im only smoking shisha now lol o well i think she'll give in...she usually does, you sound like your in the same situation as me
i deem you worthy laugh.gif

Hey guys,

I currently have this issue. My mother is a doctor... so I get freakin' lecture like once a month... and I am 20! Basically, up until now, I have kept my hookah habit a secret simply b/c I know her mindset won't change. I have pretty much accepted that. When I am out on my own in my own place and no longer dependant of my parents, then I suppose I will tell them.. but until then I gotta suck it up. Good luck with your situations!

QUOTE (johnchain @ Jan 30 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well if you're 18, and don't wanna break your mom's heart, just drive to another city and smoke in public. No worries.

For the minors, yeah I just keep it hidden, I'm in enough legal trouble.

Just compromise, she'll probably never accept smoking, but just convince her that you are coming to the age where you can make your own decisions, and it's your body. Just show her that the hookah is here to stay, but you won't do it purposely to displease her. Like every once in a while. She's probably more concerned that you're gonna make it a habit.

ya she wont and she told me that, but she knows im mature enough to make my own decisions, i have always kind of been the man of the house my step dad works from 5am-9pm everyday and my real dad doesnt have time for me i guess huh.gif ...she knows i respect her and her opinions but its not going to stop me from doing what i want

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 30 2007, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

I currently have this issue. My mother is a doctor... so I get freakin' lecture like once a month... and I am 20! Basically, up until now, I have kept my hookah habit a secret simply b/c I know her mindset won't change. I have pretty much accepted that. When I am out on my own in my own place and no longer dependant of my parents, then I suppose I will tell them.. but until then I gotta suck it up. Good luck with your situations!

Thanks man...sorry to hear that,hope things get easier with your mom ....and ya im kind of wishing i didnt tell my mom sad.gif Edited by seppaku

QUOTE (seppaku @ Jan 30 2007, 08:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

Thanks man...sorry to hear that,hope things get easier with your mom ....and ya im kind of wishing i didnt tell my mom sad.gif

eh its all good man. My mom knows I drink, and I swear like a sailor. (although I am trying my damnedest to cut down) She is even cool with me banging my gf when she's in the house! laugh.gif but when it comes to smoking.. thats a no-no.

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 30 2007, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

Thanks man...sorry to hear that,hope things get easier with your mom ....and ya im kind of wishing i didnt tell my mom sad.gif

eh its all good man. My mom knows I drink, and I swear like a sailor. (although I am trying my damnedest to cut down) She is even cool with me banging my gf when she's in the house! laugh.gif but when it comes to smoking.. thats a no-no.

hahaha hmm....atleast banging is good for your health...i wish my mom was like that...when she found my condoms she went religious on me... i just remeber her saying something about living in sin rolleyes.gif Edited by seppaku

QUOTE (seppaku @ Jan 31 2007, 12:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Jan 30 2007, 09:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys,

hahaha hmm....atleast banging is good for your health...i wish my mom was like that...when she found my condoms she went religious on me... i just remeber her saying something about living in sin rolleyes.gif

hahaha sorry that made me laugh

i think all people 16-18 go through the hookah explanation with their parents. When i was 16 and started smoking hookah i hid mine from my parents for a good long while. The the summer after i turned 17 my father found out about my hookah and didnt seem to care a whole lot, but after a few weeks took it away. I was fine with that because he said id have it back when i turned 18. So i waited patiently and then when my 18th birthday was around the corner i brought the subject up and there were a few heated debates about it, but it ended with me saying that college was just around the corner, and who is to stop me from makeing my own decisions when i am there. it ended up with me just not talking about it anymore, not doing it in the house, and that was pretty much it. I still used my hookah with my friends in the park, and at their houses.

I see you got your answer..lol i posted a question like this a few months back.. dealing with my dad...I ended up just telling him...told him at least im doing it at home and not outside on the street.... lol..it works

QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jan 31 2007, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see you got your answer..lol i posted a question like this a few months back.. dealing with my dad...I ended up just telling him...told him at least im doing it at home and not outside on the street.... lol..it works

laugh.gif Sittin' in a little cardboard box on some corner puffin' away at a hookah. I'm mad random, I know, but that mental image made me chuckle. Haha, sorry man.

QUOTE (Shavo989 @ Jan 31 2007, 12:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (.cOLt.45. @ Jan 31 2007, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif Sittin' in a little cardboard box on some corner puffin' away at a hookah. I'm mad random, I know, but that mental image made me chuckle. Haha, sorry man.

thats me laugh.gif