Bigfoot

Lakemonster

QUOTE (moosepotatoes @ Feb 6 2007, 05:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is so much shit in this world that we are yet to discover and we cannot even begin to perceive.

Probably, but if there is a race of Bigfeet, wouldn't you think farmers would've at least found some corpses? Maybe they'd bury their dead, but fresh dug graves in people's yards draw suspicion, too. I'm not saying its impossible, I'm just saying I think it's unfortunately unlikely. I'd love to chill with a Bigfoot anyday, assuming he was peaceful.

Gex... theres a good point you make about a corpse.

One thing to keep in mind is that carcasses of bears are an extremely rare find even for avid hunters and Forest Rangers.

If you take into consideration that our large predators like Bears and Cougars have very large territories. Most big cats, for instance, have ranges of 1 animal per 25-100 sq miles.

Larger carcasses are easier to spot by scavenging birds and mammals....even the bones are are eaten by various rodents like squirrels and porcupines for the nutrient value. This is why finding antlers that are shed by deer on a yearly basis are prized finds.

One theory is that due to the Bigfoots proposed diet in the fall, the creature has a high content of vitamin A in its system due to its diet... preparing itself against a lack of the vitamin over the winter months, a corpse saturated with vitamin A before the winter months would be be a prized food resource for creatures you would not expect to even touch a "meat" food source.

OMG THERE'S A FANCIFL AQUATIC LIFE FORM POSTING ON OUR FORUM!!

Ok, on to the topic at hand, I'm not sure about Bigfoot myself, but I don't disbelieve it. I do believe in Extraterrestrial life forms and even other terrestrial life forms that we haven't discovered yet. I just can't explain them because.. well.. I haven't discovered them yet:D

That's a very good argument I haven't heard before, Lakemonster. And coming from a farming/rural town, I know that a lot of land is rarely traversed even by farmers. Add in unfarmable marshes, some places probably only see visitors every couple years. Even more rural areas, like the Dakota's or a bit further West, would be an ideal place for a hidden/shy species to be living. They say the Appalachians would be, too, but I've never seen them.

• 3 weeks later...
Whether this stuff is real or not, it sure makes life more fun to think they may exist.

What's with this 3-4 foot hummingbird? I want to hear more about that!

The only strange unidentified creature I have seen first hand was a metallic blue and black hornet whose abdomen was much bigger than my thumb. The wingspan was easily over 4 inches. Luckily the SOB was dead when i saw it, but I nearly shit myself when I almost stepped on him. This was in the mountains of Pennsylvania. Actually, I thought it was a plastic toy at first, but it was a real hornet.

Bigfoot? Why not? There's certainly room for him believe it or not. As a city kid I'd probably be quite skeptical about this, but I've done some sections of the Appalachian trail and spent some time in the boundary waters - believe me there could be an entire species of giant ape like creatures and we could never know it.

Aliens too - seems quite a waste not to use the universe for something other than us. Whole lot of room for nothing. Then again, humans are predisposed to ego and ethnocentrism.

Sure.... why not?

I guess thats the best description I could give it....

I dont imagine it was as tall as most of the bigfoot accounts... so maybe a "Loy's Ape"?

The thing looked like Chubacca with the nose that was a cross of a human and a primate..... its teeth were more like a humans.. with shorter incisors than you find with some of those "fanged primates". That bastard chattered his teeth and it had a strange hollow sound to it like thumpin a watermelon or a frog drumming.... along with the clicking of the teeth.

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Feb 28 2007, 01:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sure.... why not?

I guess thats the best description I could give it....

I dont imagine it was as tall as most of the bigfoot accounts... so maybe a "Loy's Ape"?

The thing looked like Chubacca with the nose that was a cross of a human and a primate..... its teeth were more like a humans.. with shorter incisors than you find with some of those "fanged primates". That bastard chattered his teeth and it had a strange hollow sound to it like thumpin a watermelon or a frog drumming.... along with the clicking of the teeth.

that sounds traumatizlingly scary, whatever it is. Edited by [LB]

Didn't bigfoot die about 3+ years ago? I remember reading that the man who portrayed bigfoot had passed away due to natural causes and the family of that man came out and admitted that he was the person behind the mask in the pictures. They had the suit and everything. I'm not saying that the myth died when the man died but I think by now, we would have encountered such a beast and have it at a zoo by now... or be eating bigfoot burgers. So any pictures of this bigfoot is probably just a person in a suit or maybe just mistaken for a beast. I could be wrong about the story, it's very vague in my memory since it was a while ago... and not too significant in my life.. but I do remember such a story.

But I do believe in aliens. I think it just makes it exciting that there is a whole other world we do not know about... hopefully these aliens don't want to hunt us for human burgers. sad.gif

You are talking about the Patterson Footage.

One clever hoax if it truly was the case...

Sure, there are hoaxers out there that tromp thru the woods wearing homemade "feet" to trick people... The Cryptozoology folks do detect fakers.... quite easily.

Why would they do this? Because they have heard the story from someone or others and want to imitate the "legend".

Yes I do believe in aliens, as for Bigfoot I do not. Our universe is gigantic, an alien could be a micro-organism, as for giant man like creatures I don't know, alien insects would most likely be the case as "life" on other planets. Edited by Echo_419

WHAT IF! Bigfoot was an alien... which would explain why we haven't discovered a real bigfoot... In this case, I would believe in bigfoot. Seeing how little we know, it's quite possible.