Bigfoot

Lakemonster

Back when I was 11 years old I encountered something I couldnt tell you exactly what it was... I was walking out in the woodes near my home in SW Arkansas at the time and I was walking over the crest of a hill when I saw a hairy, bi-pedal creature standing around 7 foot tall... it was standing on the opposite side of barbed wire fence and it loomed well over that....I froze... it stared at me and I at it for a second and then the thing started chattering its teeth at me in a manner I took as threatening. I ran like hell.

There were some other strange things that happened on that place..... sounds of knocking wood in the night... sometimes a scream that we all wrote off as as panthers.... I'd find brown hair caught in barbed wire fences where no cattle or horses ran...

No that Im an adult, and have moved several times since then, I have never seen another creature like it. I've spent some time with some of the old folks in my area and with people who have seen a strange bi-pedal creature in the area with white fur and a blood curtling scream.

Every now and then I'll go "camping" in a remote spot near previous sighting spots and hang out in the dark with night vision and other goodies trying to get a glimpse or hear some of the strange sounds I heard as a kid. So far, nothing...not a track... and seldom, a truly suspicious sound....

Anyone got an opinion? Maybe a story to relate?

As for bigfoot - i live in Australia so i wouldnt know but i find it unlikely a 7 foot + creature would not have been found and hunted down as a trophy to some gun toting hick...

But UFO's definately - had quite a few experiences with them - none of that abduction crap though lol.

One of them i was lying on the beach (not intoxicated - completely sober) looking at the stars when i noticed a far off bright light blinking (star brightness) and before anyone says it was a sattelite it wasnt!

The light was not moving at all and was blinking for about 5 minutes (enough time for me to point it out to 2 of my friends who couldnt explain it either. After the 5 mins or so it dissapeared and never reappeared.

So unless anyone has some kind of scientific explanation for a bright flashing light that does not move or orbit the Earth and is not a dying star it's a UFO smile.gif

QUOTE (Vancity604 @ Jan 31 2007, 03:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
google it. ive heard about it on a few randoms things.

Aka: Yahoo, the Great Hair Moehau (New Zealand)

<A name=origin>Origin
Jonathan Swift’s “Gulliver's Travels” (1726) includes a subhuman race called the Yahoos. Hearing the aborigines' fearful accounts of this malevolent beast, nineteenth-century European settlers probably applied the name Yahoo to the Australian creature themselves. Sometime in the 1970s, the term "Yowie" supplanted “Yahoo," for reasons that remain as mysterious as the creature. One possible origin of the newer name is the aborigine word youree, described as a legitimate native term for the hairy man-monster. The Australian accent could easily contort "youree" into "Yowie."

Being from a date like that theres no wonder i havent heard of it tongue.gif, also it derives from Aboriginal stories, many of there stories relate to 'the dreamtime' which is how they believe the world was created. Other beasts from the dreamtime include things like Bunyips and huge Serpents... So i would put it down to missinterpretation by the settlers... Edited by McDarragh

LMAO loving the face paint on there banner - Quickly read through one of the stories and it's obviously fake. How do i know - the bloke explains he see's glowing red eyes @ 1400 hours (2pm) and not see the rest.... Moore river is only 150K's or so from where i live and 2pm any time of year is full on bright. So i summise storyteller. But hey i'm not going to completely discredit there work but i'm extremely sceptical about all this....

Even if he got the time wrong and it was night - most nocturnal creatures eyes glow red so it could have been a creature climbing through trees - which indeed makes a big noise depending on creature size... i'll have a look at it further later on - looks like an interesting read biggrin.gif

Being a gun-toting hick who is hairy enough to be mistaken for bigfoot (but not tall enough), I don't think Bigfoot exists. I think the possibility exists, but the substantial lack of skeletal remains seems overwhelming against bigfoot. New discoveries are being found probably every day and it would surprise me less to find something undiscovered in the ocean than in woods where people trample.

I have an uncle who swears he had a bigfoot experience in Colorado, though. He is not a fringe type person either.

No sightings that I know of in my area, (rural western PA) but I think there has to be some truth to the whole bigfoot thing. The stories have been passed on for so many generations that there is probably some grain of truth there. At any rate I think that there's a whole lot that our "sophisticated" society doesn't know about the world that we inhabit. Just my thoughts.

I believe in extraterrestrial life forms...i dunno about them coming to our planet and all that, and i DEf. dont believe in bigfoot...As for loch ness and what not i am questionable? We havnt nearly been able to explore the majority of the ocean....so we just don't know...but it is hard to believe we are the only planet with life forms in the universe....

I've grown up in a rural area. I've heard stories most of my life, but nothing ever concrete. I honestly think that staying out of sight for the last few centuries would be quite an impossible trick, but who knows. IF there were large animals (of any kind) left in the US that had never been spotted, that would mean that there are very, very few of them. And if so, how would they find one another to breed? I could happen, but it's definitely a stretch.

That being said, I've had strange experiences. And I have a dorky passion for cryptozoology. La bete de Gevaudan is fun as hell, and makes for a great story to tell. I've never heard anyone able to explain exactly what happened there, and why killings continued for a little while after it(?) was supposedly killed. And if it was a deformed wolf like the French government said, why would it be violently insane as well?

Loch Ness is a big fat no. What would something that large eat in that tiny (and supposedly quite life-deprived) lake? Edited by james

I'd like to believe it exists, but I just plain don't know. There are some pieces of evidence that support the existence of some primate, but it isn't nearly enough to come to any conclusions (I've done a research paper on it before). I don't know if I can believe any eyewitness accounts, but I myself have seen some shit that nobody would ever believe, like a 3-4 foot tall hummingbird that sounded like a remote control helicopter in the middle of the Cascade mountains. As for lack of fossil evidence, there is also a severe lack of fossil evidence for primates we know exist, the only reason we know they exist is because we see them. There just isnt a way to make any solid conclusions whether it exists or not.

Its an interesting that just about every day a new species of bug, or small see life creature gets cataloged into the loving arms of the Zoological camp.... before they had a body, they snubed it for the inferioir Cryptoid that it was

For instance... here in Texas... we have the Elmendorf Beast now that they have a body... they are arguing over what it is exactly. But experts strongly oppose the notion of it being a diseased coyote, claiming the jaw structure is not compatible with a coyote.

ive never seen a bigfoot, nor do i know anyone who has had a personal experience and i know a lot of hunters that travel throughout the southern states hunting large game.

what i have seen however, freaked the ever-living gummi bears out of me.

when i was young, about 12-13, i was riding with my mother in our minivan out through rural central North Carolina. it was a summer night and we had the windows down and were just cruising along at about 45 mph. we turn up a road that has a cotton field beside it, very dark no lights but the moon, and all of the sudden my mother tells me to pull my arm in and roll up the window. as i do i look out and see a tall lanky creature, maybe twice the size of a full grown greyhound dog, running about 5 feet behind our van on the passanger side. it ran like a dog, but the legs and torso were much thinner, with a rounder head and large eyes that glowed like an animals. the weirdest thing was that it was dead silent. no panting, no steps, no noise whatsoever. after i got the window rolled up and my mother sped up it dissappeared into the field. i have never seen it since, but it is probably one of the most vivid memories i have from that tiem period. i am 24 now and to this day if i think about it much i start to feel a little weirded out.

When one of my friend's dad was a kid, he and some friends set up a giant Bigfoot scam in my town (about 2000 people now). They had prints, a suit, everything. They admitted to it when there were people from all over the nation coming after them with loaded rifles.

As for me, I haven't the slightest opinion to his exitence or not, but if there is a race of them, their either very sneaky and/or in low quantities. Poor Bigfoot, thinking of that makes me sad =/