Democrats Baby!

DyinTuLive

Any1 else here heavily gonna pay attention to obama? he looks like he will make an amazing president so far? if democrats wanna hold the house for the next 8 years they should run him with hilary as his vice...that way they can get every black and female vote possible!

The next president needs to have always thought Bush sucked to get my vote. Not one of those flakey POS's that conveniently think so after his poll numbers slide.
Bush ran on bashing Clinton so if that is the only thing Obama runs on then anyone that ever thought Bush going to be worth a piss should support that reasoning. wink.gif

Seriously, Obama has been giving plenty of speeches laying out what he stands for and against. Even wrote a book. Anyone wondering where he stands can find out pretty easily.
A lasting legacy that Bush should leave is that people need to quit buying into soundbites and big talk from simple minds. Anyone that wants the "readers digest" versions of complex situations because their attention span sucks will not make a very good president.

Sure anybody else but this idiot will probably be better, but this country deserves better than this by a longshot. And not any creepy ass Giulianni either ohmy.gif

The problem I have with Obama is that he is a freshman senator....

Before he went onto oprah, no one knew who the hell he was... now the press is hyping him up as the voice of the democratic party... Like WTF? Seriously, i think he is just capitalizing on all this publicity that he's gotten.

Personally, I don't think he's a bad guy, but the man should get some experience and a track record before he gets my vote for president. Lets face it.... we all know that since bush fucked up, the dems will win the white house in '08.. its just a matter of who will be nominated. And, like it or not, most of the main stream press is pretty damn liberal... and when that liberal press has Obama, it generates publicity for him. Most Americans don't want Hilary... but they see this Obama guy that they no nothing about, yet he is getting all of this postive feedback in the media.... hrmm.... sounds to me like some people have an agenda. rolleyes.gif

In case you didn't figure out what I was hinting at: Obama- black, liberal (just look at what he supports so far and what he's said, too bad many people will just take the presses word for it)... and just is what the people in power are trying to push for '08.

some suck worse than others. Hitler was a Nazi. What were the other parties at the time in Germany? My guess is any would have sucked less than them. So it does make a difference.
So what if Obama is a liberal. I am a moderate and in my book a conservative is just as dirty a word as a liberal. Some people like to throw that word around like it is the plague.
We are suffering from a plague right now and it sure as hell is not from the liberals.
And if the media is so damned liberal I would love to know why we got 24/7 bad press on Clinton during the Monica blitz?
Or when the Chandra Levy girl was murdered that Gary Conditt had and affair with..... or how they railroaded Gray Davis from office in California when Bush's friends at Enron was causing the rolling blackouts?
With friends like that in the media they don't need enemies. I didn't hear liberals whining about "conservative media" then. To me that is a lame ass excuse to try and cover themselves when they fuck up.
Bob Ney finally pleaded guilty for being a corrupt POS in the Abramoff scandal. Duke Cunningham gave his tearful apology, plead guilty and went to the pen. What had been there whole defense before admitting guilt? That they were being railroaded by the "liberal media". So I guess if you believe that way of thinking you have something in common with these guys? That sounds harsh but people seem to like to use that when their argument sucks.

It was that same liberal media that sold the people in the country on GW while running with shit like Al Gore saying he invented the internet (most people took the distraction and still do not know that he was the main person behind writing the legislation to make the internet available to the public today... ya need to look at than as well as those that voted against it... but you don't hear that story do ya? Liberal media? HA!!! more like ignorant public)

And experience? GW was a failure in the business world. All of the companies he worked with lost money even when other companies in the same market made money. He was such a minor part owner of the Rangers (6%) that Tom Hicks and the other real players made that work.
He sucked as governor. His record here is for most people executed. While I am fo the death penalty I think any imbred idiot can say "kill 'em" so it is hardly some sort of talent. He left the state in debt during a booming economy?

GW ran as a Washington outsider... as though that was a great thing. Well if two mechanics can't get your car fixed right take it to an accountant I guess was the theory there?
Obama is a very fast learner and very adaptive. A very impressive mind. Republicans will have to drag him down with whatever reason they can find.
I mean they are the same people that brought us Joe McCarthy in the 50's, Lee Atwater in the 70's, and Karl Rove today.
When I look at those men that had so much power in the conservative world the word "liberal" is the least scary thought. Conservatives are eager to be liberal on giving our tax dollars to Halliburton and their buddies like Abramoff.
We need experience, just a different kind of experience.

Damn hippies Just kidding, every candidate for rep, and dem sucks. We just have nobody to elect. JMO

All but two scare the crap out of me... I have yet to see a Dem candidate I could be happy with.... there are rumblings that Tom Tancredo and Ron Paul amy run on the Rep ticket... those are the only two I would vote for.....

Looks like Im going to vote CP or LP again.

Personally I thik that both the Dem and Rep parties are controlled by the same people.... I truly believe that it doesnt matter which side gets in... the bidding of the puppetmasters will be done.

Nope, that is a congressman from Minnesota I think. Not only was he sworn in on a Quran, but it was owned by Thomas Jefferson. I thought that was pretty neat because freedom of religion includes freedom from religion as well smile.gif No matter what any Khristian rightwinger may want to believe ohmy.gif

i was just curious. the only thing that gets me is im surprised that i havent heard a lot of people upset about that because this country was founded on christianity and using the christian bible. now i dont have a religion and what u do is ur business, but y do u think people havent gotten so upset over it?

Well another congressman pitched a fit over it and I know the Falwell's and other televangists were not happy with it. But I never liked those guys anyways.
Maybe since they got their asses handed to them mightily this last election their ilk was just too depressed to raise too much hell. That is just speculation of course. But I know they are stinging pretty badly right now.

The amazing thing to me was that when Christians were massacerring Muslims in Bosnia that the religious right here thought we should have stayed out of it.

As someone who is (often) apologetically Christian, I can say that if a man truly believes in the Quran, when he takes oath of office, he should be allowed to swear on the Quran. Likewise for the one who is an athiest and likes Carl Sagan, why not swear on a copy of "Pale Blue Dot." Our country was founded on religious freedom and can modernly be applied to freedom of religion as well. Our Deist (sometimes swayingly Theist) forefathers knew what they were doing. However, cottling to minority religions will get everyone nowhere.

Also, Obama is not a Muslim.

100% correct Davey. I think coddling to any religion is bullshit. Don't impose anything on them except that harrassing others for their beliefs should not be tolerated.
Think about this. People raise hell about "prayer in school". That has never been illegal at least for any kid that wants to pray. But the right likes to use that fake argument to rile their base.
Let some kid start praying demonic crap and see how fast they want to get prayer out of our schools. smile.gif

Bible, Quran..... last issue of Mad magazine......

I dont care....just books..... they really need to be swearing on their lives.

I say we take the books out of the situation if theres a religeous qualm..... have them take the oath on a folded US flag..

If you cant do that... you have no business in US leadership.

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Jan 28 2007, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bible, Quran..... last issue of Mad magazine......

I dont care....just books..... they really need to be swearing on their lives.

I say we take the books out of the situation if theres a religeous qualm..... have them take the oath on a folded US flag..

If you cant do that... you have no business in US leadership.

that's the greatest idea i've heard. i totally agree. it all comes down to the people of the country and not there religion anyways.

I think that everyone that tries to say they hate Bush and that hes stupid is a dumbass. Everyone wanted to go to war when we were getting attacked, I dont know if anyone remembers this. In my opinion, everyone is sick of th war and now say they hate Bush when you liked him while we were getting attacked. Just doesnt make sense to me and im sure ill get a verbal bashing for this one.