I Might Have To Move To Texas....

Zerodynamic

So long story short... My mom is probably going to re-enlist in the Army.. if she does that, my whole family is going to move to Texas.... most likely houston, but could be DFW or someother metropoltian place.

Now, I used to live in Texas, in a small town called Kingsville. (It was an hour south of Corpus.) I only lived there from the ages of 5-9, and I remember a little, and its very rural down there... so I don't my experience will give me an accurate representation of what life would be like for me now.

So, I have 2 choices. I can: Stay in california... attempt to get an apartment, or rent out my house with a few roomies and pay the mortgage. Or, I can move to Texas, and live with my parents and finish school out there.

I love the bay. I don't want to leave. IMHO, cali is where its at. But I have to consider all options here. If figure the Texan hookah smokers can chime in here and explain what Texas is all about. Like what is there around that area? Whats to do? Weather? Anything? Do you like it?

So, like I said, I am just considering this as a possibility as california houses are through the roof and the mortgage/apartments out here are friggin' expensive!

So.. anyone got any insight? Scalli? EL? Lake? Anyone? laugh.gif

I used to live in Beaumont, Texas. I visited Dallas (once) and Houston (several times). Houston was pretty nice and most of the people there were pretty nice. People in Beaumont where mostly not nice. Most of the men acted very cocky and most of the women seemd genuinely nice. Yes, I am speaking in generalizations!!!

However, most of the hookah bros from Texas are some of my favorite people... Scalli, Lake, ELpants, and a few others.

I moved down there, so I was not a "native" of Texas (Anyone seen King of the Hill?) and most of my life experience comes from living in a small city in Indiana... your milage may vary!

My opinion? I think you should move to Texas for the scenery change, if nothing else.

How can I not be biased, man?

Move to Texas.

I had a simular circumstance that motivated my move here. I left Arizona ( a real sweet spot, too), and moved out here after I got married.

You just gotta ask yourself... are you ready to leave the Smog and the Smug for the BBQ and the Beer?

Another thing is to reflect about how you felt about the people you knew while living here as a youth. Do you miss something about them?

NO STATE INCOME TAX. and as long as you are willin to do something, and you are drug free, theres always good money in the oil field if there is not much else. Always money if you need to fall back on it.

That, and we got Army guns here.... Hookah, beer and superior firepower.....whats not to love?

hey thanks for the replies guys... I saw that king of the hill... Hank Hill was born in New York.. damn yankee!

I understand where you are coming from lake. I remember the BBQ and the beer (so much BBQ we had to call the fire dept!).. sadly, the only family I still living in Texas is at the VA in Houston, recovering sadly.

One thing I will not miss is traffic. I hate traffic. We don't get a lot of smog (mostly b/c of the wind pushes it out to Sacramento) and for the most part the winters are very mild and we never get snow.. (except this past week, where it was extremely freaky weather over here.)

I guess what I am going to miss most is my friends. To me, my friends are my family... This place is familar and there is always something to do. I have a job, school, and a girlfriend.

I think what I am really pondering is letting go of all that.

well if you move to dfw then you will have some new friends here biggrin.gif I love texas, been to most other states and none can compare to me. I can go on for hours about how awesome texas is, other than beer and bbq, cause i hate beer XD but ill just say, no where else id rather live. And as i said, we will gladly make ya feel at home biggrin.gif

QUOTE (EvansLight @ Jan 19 2007, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well if you move to dfw then you will have some new friends here biggrin.gif I love texas, been to most other states and none can compare to me. I can go on for hours about how awesome texas is, other than beer and bbq, cause i hate beer XD but ill just say, no where else id rather live. And as i said, we will gladly make ya feel at home biggrin.gif

Haha! Thanks for the offer EL! Everything is still up in the air, so, i guess i'll figure it out.

Oh james, I kinda figured 250k in Texas or oklahoma would be freakin sweet. Out here, 250k can barely cover a condo. sad.gif

I am going to talk it over with my parents in a few days and see whats up with it. Thanks for the support!

I lived in houston for most of my life..i visit it there every now and then. Hmm, galeria is a nice place. Move out towards the richer areas though >.> most of then time i lived in the ghetto around there and it was crummy as hell...Houston is nice, just gotta know where to stay. Many hookah bars and shops there. I dunno..It all depends really

lol and i gotta say the scariest thing i ever saw, i saw in houston. Morning of the concert (which is why we were in houston) it rained heavily, and we went out to go get some breakfast. We were looking for one of those one-of-a-kind places that no where else has, and half way there we start seeing the streets flooding, massive amounts of water coming off roofs, and the worst.... water shooting straight up out of the drains and sewers XD thats not normal XD we asked the valet back at our hotel, he said for them it was XD friggin freaky

I did enjoy visiting NASA while down there. Im heavily into astrology, physics, and of course space travel, so that was fairly awesome.

But if i had to choose, id live in dallas. Plus if you live closer to fort worth, theres some awesome stores out close to fort worth where you can get some awesome hookah supplies for cheap, and from what ive heard Cafe Medi is bloody awesome.