When Do You Know?

stevehookah

When you know a bowl is finished>?

I personally light two coals, stack them, and puff for about 20 minutes....

I then, remove the screen, stir the bowl, replace the screen, then puff some more...

Sometimes it becomes 'nasty'..

I hate to waste shisha since it's so hard for me to get. However, I really want to enjoy my hookah...

Maybe I am not putting enough in the bowl? To much coal? Maybe I should not go for the 'long' bowls and load less?

Tips/tricks welcome.

p.s. Sometimes I get a headache. I am thinking it's 'cause I try to smoke the shisha to 'ash'...

well you shouldnt ever be stirring the shisha. sounds like youre using too much heat. instead of stirring, move the coals more often. or use less heat. maybe you arent packing enough shisha into the bowl.

also ive found for me screens tend to burn the shisha more quickly. i dont know why but they do for me. try some foil and poke fairly small holes all over it. like push pin sized-toothpick size. if using two coals put them on opposite sides of the bowl. then when it starts getting harsh rotate them to a fresh spot. make sure to rotate only in one direction to avoid getting back onto the used space.

headache is probably just from the nicotine. try getting some sugar into your body. as in dont smoke on an empty stomach and have some snacks while smoking.

hope this helps Edited by SanguineSolitude

QUOTE (stevehookah @ Dec 20 2006, 09:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got it.. cool.gif

Some try to 'scare' and say cooking foil is worse than 'true hookah foil'.... Eveporated aluminium and all..

Any thoughts?

meh, I use regular 99 cent foil from the store... doesn't matter which side you put it on, just hole placement.

One of the things I like about hookah foil is that it is pre-cut, perfectly shapped and easy to just grab instead of ripping like regular foil. Its also pretty inexspensive if your ordering something else from a website (5 bucks for 100 sheets).

As to when a bowl is done, I tend to just get bored or move on to something else before a bowl finishes, especially since I sometimes swap bowls/flavors in the middle of a session.

QUOTE (CaliforniaRose @ Dec 21 2006, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
One of the things I like about hookah foil is that it is pre-cut, perfectly shapped and easy to just grab instead of ripping like regular foil. Its also pretty inexspensive if your ordering something else from a website (5 bucks for 100 sheets).

5 bucks for 100 sheets is expensive... a roll regular foil costs .99 cents. and will give you wayyy more than 100 sheets.

• 3 weeks later...