Car Audio

DrunkenWizard

well, how much bass are you looking for? whats the application?

Obviously, with wiring, the box, then the amp and subs, you aren't going to have a premium system, but you will have some bump in your ride if you shop around.

I made a 2000w sound system in my bmw with 2 sony 12's, 1 2000w sony amp and an mtx box, with wiring for about $550. Some people dont like sony, but my system hits just as hard as something that I could of spent $1000 on.

I spent about an hour reading up on a car audio forum. I think I'm going to go with 2 Alpine Type Rs and a hifonics amp. I don't know if I need to get 2 ohms or 4 ohms. I already have a box. My cousin is an installer back home so I can have him hook it up.

screw that, get 2 rockfords and a rockford amp. haha. It all depends on what you want the bass to sound like. Sony xpoldes can shove but there muddy sounding. Fosgates are nice. Alpine are in the middle. I would reccomend not spening alot because later on you wont want them...

I've had a system before. It got stolen. I loved it. I love the feel of the bass. Reminds me of being at a concert, which is one of my favorite things. I'm going with the Type R's because they are cheap and that is what won the finals last year. Edited by DrunkenWizard

My buddy has one alpine R 12" and personally, I think it is crisper sounding and hits nearly as hard as my two buddies Xplode 12's with bigger amps. The R's will hold more RMS also. Granted you are working on a budget, much like me. But if I had the money to spend, the Alpine R's would be where my money would go.