The Death Penalty

Lakemonster

I live in a State that has a record for putting people to death for heinous crimes.

I read a news article this morning about a recent execution that took 34 minutes.... and now theres a big controversy surrounding the Death Sentence issue once again.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061214/ap_on_...orida_execution

I never felt that the death penalty was a form of punishment, but rather a way to rid society of people that are deemed no longer worthy of reform, or worthy to share oxygen with. Kinda like taking out the trash.

I think that prison system is a way of punishment and reform for people that might be worthy of re-joining society one day.

Its a touchy topic for some.... so please debate your points, but lets keep name calling out of it...even if its an emotionally moving issue for you.

OK. go for it. "to die or not to die?"

QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Dec 15 2006, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I never felt that the death penalty was a form of punishment, but rather a way to rid society of people that are deemed no longer worthy of reform, or worthy to share oxygen with. Kinda like taking out the trash.

I think that prison system is a way of punishment and reform for people that might be worthy of re-joining society one day.

I can agree with that. I feel that when someone is on death row, they should be ended within a month. We waste more tax dollars keeping them in jail then we do actually executing them. For instance the people that have been on death row for close to 10 or more years. Thats out of control, our appeals system is a bit of a nuisance. The judiciary branch needs to be reformed, the court system it self really needs a good fix'n.

And when you look at mass murderers that are still hanging out in jail, its another reason why the death penalty needs to be sped up. Its like doing a 25 mile marathon, but the death row inmates get to walk the damn thing.

Diaz's attorney filed a lawsuit Thursday on behalf of death row inmates, asking the Florida Supreme Court to rule that the state's lethal injection procedure is unconstitutional and to preserve evidence in the case.
BULLSHIT! this is what pisses me off, fucking lawyers and the god damn court system. You know damn well that asshole filed a lawsuit, not because of death row inmates but because he wants more fucking money. This lawyer is a joke to the court system, and these are the people that irritate me. Abuse the system for money, great idea. Just keep doing it, you will get yours one day.

Diaz proclaimed his innocence to the end. "The death penalty is not only a form of vengeance, but also a cowardly act by humans," he said while strapped to a gurney. "I'm sorry for what is happening to me and my family who have been put through this."

Too bad asshole. Maybe you should have thought that when you killed the night club owner? What is murder in cold blood then? Obviously it cant be cowardly if you did it. Damn, someone needs to rethink what they are saying.

God damn, this country get worse by the day. God damn high school kids trying to blow shit up, EMO is running out of control, Gay is now the In-thing (fuck you) be gay if you want I don't care, but don't fucking flaunt it. Abuse of the court system, police being sued for doing their job and god damn religious maniacs hanging out at my college saying I am going to Hell and I serve the devil since I don't go to church. I guess my choice to carry concealed is a good one.

Here is what I have to say: F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You and F*ck You

A-fucking-hem.

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Dec 15 2006, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Lakemonster @ Dec 15 2006, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can agree with that. I feel that when someone is on death row, they should be ended within a month. We waste more tax dollars keeping them in jail then we do actually executing them. For instance the people that have been on death row for close to 10 or more years. Thats out of control, our appeals system is a bit of a nuisance. The judiciary branch needs to be reformed, the court system it self really needs a good fix'n.

And when you look at mass murderers that are still hanging out in jail, its another reason why the death penalty needs to be sped up. Its like doing a 25 mile marathon, but the death row inmates get to walk the damn thing.

The appeals process is of the utmost importance to a justice system, especially if that justice system decides that it's going to execute its criminals. People are found all the time to be guilty of crimes they haven't committed. If even a single innocent person is executed, that outweighs any amount of tax dollars it's taking to keep the entire death row population locked up - which isn't even that much, honestly. They're fed crap, they're kept behind bars 23 hours a day, they get an old TV. I'm not saying they should get any more than that, I'm just saying it's pocket change, federal budget-wise.

Diaz's attorney filed a lawsuit Thursday on behalf of death row inmates, asking the Florida Supreme Court to rule that the state's lethal injection procedure is unconstitutional and to preserve evidence in the case.
BULLSHIT! this is what pisses me off, fucking lawyers and the god damn court system. You know damn well that asshole filed a lawsuit, not because of death row inmates but because he wants more fucking money. This lawyer is a joke to the court system, and these are the people that irritate me. Abuse the system for money, great idea. Just keep doing it, you will get yours one day.

More money? From who? The guy's dead, she's not going to get any money from his estate for this lawsuit; I'm pretty sure it's a pro-bono case from an attorney who's probably morally opposed to the death penalty in general. You do realize that she's not suing for cash, she's suing for an injunction, right?

Diaz proclaimed his innocence to the end. "The death penalty is not only a form of vengeance, but also a cowardly act by humans," he said while strapped to a gurney. "I'm sorry for what is happening to me and my family who have been put through this."

Too bad asshole. Maybe you should have thought that when you killed the night club owner? What is murder in cold blood then? Obviously it cant be cowardly if you did it. Damn, someone needs to rethink what they are saying.

Right... except it says that he's proclaiming his innocence. I'm not saying he is innocent (he's probably not), but if he really believes that he didn't kill the nightclub owner then his statements aren't hypocritical. If he doesn't believe that he's innocent, then you can attack his hypocrisy, but I'm afraid your argument doesn't make sense here.

God damn, this country get worse by the day. God damn high school kids trying to blow shit up, EMO is running out of control, Gay is now the In-thing (fuck you) be gay if you want I don't care, but don't fucking flaunt it. Abuse of the court system, police being sued for doing their job and god damn religious maniacs hanging out at my college saying I am going to Hell and I serve the devil since I don't go to church. I guess my choice to carry concealed is a good one.

Um... wow. Emo might be dumb, but it's just like every other fad that's emerged. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. Your intolerance of homosexuality is appalling to me. Why the fuck can't they flaunt their lifestyle if that's what they want to do? It offends the bigots? Boo-fucking-hoo, grow up. John Doe has the right to marry the person he loves, to kiss tastefully in public, and to enjoy every aspect of partnership he wants to, regardless of who he's attracted to.

Police being sued for doing their job? Is this in reference to the above story? If so, then you've grossly misrepresented what's going on here. The suit is probably against the state of Florida, not against individuals. If you're referencing another story, please link (or start a new topic).

Here is what I have to say: F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You, F*ck You and F*ck You

We wub.gif you too. Edited by sicklecow

QUOTE (sicklecow @ Dec 15 2006, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A-fucking-hem.

The appeals process is of the utmost importance to a justice system, especially if that justice system decides that it's going to execute its criminals. People are found all the time to be guilty of crimes they haven't committed. If even a single innocent person is executed, that outweighs any amount of tax dollars it's taking to keep the entire death row population locked up - which isn't even that much, honestly. They're fed crap, they're kept behind bars 23 hours a day, they get an old TV. I'm not saying they should get any more than that, I'm just saying it's pocket change, federal budget-wise.

The appeals works yes, but when you can appeal everything its out of control. You are arrested and proven guilty of murder. Then you get to appeal for 10 years, and finally the case comes to a close 12 years later. This is what needs to be fixed. But you do realize we still spend more money keeping death row inmates alive while they appeal because they have become reformed and capable of living in the world. Yes, cause someone that cuts a persons head off, and disembodies them is capable of living in our society.

More money? From who? The guy's dead, she's not going to get any money from his estate for this lawsuit; I'm pretty sure it's a pro-bono case from an attorney who's probably morally opposed to the death penalty in general. You do realize that she's not suing for cash, she's suing for an injunction, right?

You do realize here, that if this dipshit wins his name goes down on the record books? From there, that means more money for him. Its a long term investment on her part. Everything lawyers do is money and fame based. I have family that are lawyers I know what they do.

Right... except it says that he's proclaiming his innocence. I'm not saying he is innocent (he's probably not), but if he really believes that he didn't kill the nightclub owner then his statements aren't hypocritical. If he doesn't believe that he's innocent, then you can attack his hypocrisy, but I'm afraid your argument doesn't make sense here.

My argument is pointed at the fact that he wants to sit there and call it cowardly by the state to kill him, even though he murdered somebody. I don't know how much clearer that statement could have been.

Um... wow. Emo might be dumb, but it's just like every other fad that's emerged. There's nothing inherently wrong with it. Your intolerance of homosexuality is appalling to me. Why the fuck can't they flaunt their lifestyle if that's what they want to do? It offends the bigots? Boo-fucking-hoo, grow up. John Doe has the right to marry the person he loves, to kiss tastefully in public, and to enjoy every aspect of partnership he wants to, regardless of who he's attracted to.

FALSE

You realize that in 36 states in America you can be fired for being gay. And last time I checked, I don't want to see 2 dudes going at it. Gay is just a trend right now. And it will keep growing and then it will subside back to how it used to be. In the old days, if kids wanted to screw the man, they'd grow long hair, wear tie-dye, smoke lots of weed, and go to multiple day rock shows in fields without taking showers, and protest wars actively with picket signs and rally groups.

Now a days, if a kid wants to screw the man... They kinda take it literally.

Like I said before, if someone wants to be gay fine. It doesn't bother me, but it pisses me off when I see 2 guys going at in a restaurant, and talking about how they cant wait to get home to bed. It also disturbs me when I hear that feminine voice coming from a man. Be a man god dammit. You don't need to be all flamboyant about it, everyone else does not want to be gay. You don't see me in a restaurant with my girlfriend kissing on her telling her out loud how much I cant wait to get home an rail her out. Thats not normal, people don't do that.

It is the immoral secular destruction of society.

And for the record, I have a gay friend. He knows my standpoint, it doesn't bother him. I also have a family friend who is gay, he is cool as hell. Why, because he doesn't flaunt it. He came to party with his SO, they never held hands, they never kissed. Hell they acted like they were just friends. Is that so difficult for other gays to do. Hell no, but they want everyone to be gay, they want everyone to accept it. rolleyes.gif

Police being sued for doing their job? Is this in reference to the above story? If so, then you've grossly misrepresented what's going on here. The suit is probably against the state of Florida, not against individuals. If you're referencing another story, please link (or start a new topic).

Different story, I believe it was New York where the cops fired 51 rounds into the suspects cars for a good reason. Now they are in trouble over doing their jobs. This has happened before, and will always happen. Maybe if the dumbass wasn't doing something wrong they wouldn't have been shot. But don't forget its America, home of the greatest court system in the world. Where you can sue anyone you want for anything you want.

We wub.gif you too.

Thats not pointed at the forum people. Thats pointed to the assholes who I am complaining about.

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Dec 15 2006, 10:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow, i couldnt have said that better myself. the country is falling apart from the inside out. politicians using religion as an excuse for war, loopholes in the judicial system, crooked judges/police/politicians, religious leaders imbezzeling church funds. i mean, if you want a business model on how to ruin your country, pay attention to what america is doing to itself right now.

wow, lots of bullshit being thrown around here today.

"I don't want to see 2 dudes going at it." strange, he didnt say "two girls" did he?

"The appeals process is of the utmost importance to a justice system, especially if that justice system decides that it's going to execute its criminals." wow, wisest comment so far (no joke or sarcasm). sure, you can complain about how criminals get off to easy, how our loopholes let too many criminals go, but i am sure you'll be whistling a different tune if it were YOU being imprisoned for something you are innocent of, and are being straped to the gurney/chair/gallows. someone much wiser and probably more handsome than i once said "better to let one hundred guilty men go free, than to imprison one innocent."

"be gay if you want I don't care, but don't fucking flaunt it." sure, be straight if you want, just dont fucking flaunt it. imagine if it were legistlated to the point where a married man and woman arent allowed to hold hands in public.

" You don't see me in a restaurant with my girlfriend kissing on her telling her out loud how much I cant wait to get home an rail her out." you might not, but i sure do smile.gif "wow sweety, this dinner reminds me a lot of how I AM GOIN TO PUT MYSELF IN YOUR MOUTH LATER TONIGHT!" i love the gasps.

"You realize that in 36 states in America you can be fired for being gay." shame on those states.
that is unbelieveable.

the way i see it, capitol punishment is an imperfect way of dealing with imperfect people. as it is, our technology is such that we can be fairly certain about a person's innocence, but there is no 100%. until then, i fell that it should be reserved for obvious cases, which if i am not mistaken (i frequently am) it already is. Edited by DarthHookah

I have a simplistic view of the death penalty, I like the concept. In theory I can accept putting someone to death for crimes they commit. However in practice I'm not a fan, mainly because there have been executions like the recent one which appear inhumane (Ethel Rosenberg was electricuted 2-3 times before she actually died) and because several people on death row have been proven innocent by things like DNA evidence (obviously there are innocent people being put to death in addition to guilty ones). Additionally, to me there is a question whether the death penalty is reasonable punishment in some of the cases it is used in.

For those reasons (and a few others) I am against the death penalty, however I am far from being strongly against the death penalty.

You know I was all for the death penatly for years.

Until, a few years ago the (UK Paper) Daily Mail ran a double page on the last few days of an american lady
facing execution.

It was extremely moving. And the major major major MAJOR problem with the death penalty... it dosn't change the crime that happened in the first place.. And in the case of the US It does not appear to have much of an impact stopping crime?

But then again... why the hell should tax payers pay jails?

There has to be an all round alternative. Why not put these criminals to work doing something bloody usefull? We've got technology up our asses. Can't we ensure prisoners are working and contributing. What's the point in locking someone up for 20 years then killing there ass?

JD

The problem with the death penalty is that it usually takes way too long. People can spend a decade or two waiting for the execution date. Most people don't fear consequences that far ahead... just look at aids.

In america, the death penalty is seen as way to curb crime, by saying if you are less likely to commit a crime with this penalty. Problem is most people commit these acts in desperation. Either they don't feel they have anything to loose even if caught or as a crime of passion.

I'm against the warehousing of criminals. THis is truly what the death penalty is for. My opinion: ifyou have a life sentance or more, or more than 20 years of prison time, you are basically taking the life away from the felon. MIght as well do the job right, take the burden off the tax payer, and remove them permenatly from society.

The other problem is it needs to be quick no more than a year after conviction. Sure some innocents may be unfairly treated, but with technology, the innocent "gap" is so dramatically small there would be no statistical significance.

I am all for the death penalty but was pretty uneasy with it back before DNA technology came into the picture. THe problem I have with it now is how it is dispensed. People with enough money for a decent lawyer can almost always avoid it while poor people especially minorities receive it at a much higher rate. And when a person has been found to be innocent later it is almost always a low-income minority.
Every recent case I can think of where men have wrongly spent the last 20 years or so of their lives in prison that has been the case.

I think the bigger problem I have as far as with the penal system is all the white collar criminals spending way too short of prison sentences in Club Fed. Jack Abramoff is a perfect example http://abcnews.go.com/2020/popup?id=265868...ent=&page=1
I really think that prisons need to be reformed to where they are all bad places to be. They should all have the same level of safety, or lack thereof and quality of life.
I also think that when someone like Ken Lay or Jeff Skilling commit crimes that destroy peoples retirements and basically their lives, that they should be considered for the death penalty. After all like Lake said I don't think of the death penalty as punishment as much as ridding the earth of scum. After all those two men destroyed more lives than most people on death row. Just because they did not kill anyone should not be a reason for that not to be considered.

The elimination of posh prisons may deter others from doing Enron type crimes.... the death penalty should really deter it.

QUOTE (Scalliwag @ Dec 16 2006, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The elimination of posh prisons may deter others from doing Enron type crimes.... the death penalty should really deter it.

You know what... Scalli has made such a unique and valid point. I've never considered this.

But he's 100% on the money. Enron style crimes should be so badly punished that it in it's self would be a deterant.
I doubt it will ever happen... But props to brother scalli.

Superb point - excellently delivered.

JD

QUOTE (DarthHookah @ Dec 15 2006, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow, lots of bullshit being thrown around here today.

"I don't want to see 2 dudes going at it." strange, he didnt say "two girls" did he?

lol, it was implied that by Gay I meant men and women. They can eat as friends, but dont sit there and make it "erotic" in a public place.

"The appeals process is of the utmost importance to a justice system, especially if that justice system decides that it's going to execute its criminals." wow, wisest comment so far (no joke or sarcasm). sure, you can complain about how criminals get off to easy, how our loopholes let too many criminals go, but i am sure you'll be whistling a different tune if it were YOU being imprisoned for something you are innocent of, and are being straped to the gurney/chair/gallows. someone much wiser and probably more handsome than i once said "better to let one hundred guilty men go free, than to imprison one innocent."

this is true, I dont want to be imprisoned for false wrong doing. But thats how our system works. But I can agree with letting 100 criminals go then imprison one innocent. I think what needs to happen is say, if your crime was before the 80's your shit out of luck if you say you didn't do it. The new crimes can now be done in DNA testing and be more accurate. But we don't need to spend $1 million dollars going back over every case that ever happened to make sure the criminal is legit.

"be gay if you want I don't care, but don't fucking flaunt it." sure, be straight if you want, just dont fucking flaunt it. imagine if it were legistlated to the point where a married man and woman arent allowed to hold hands in public.

" You don't see me in a restaurant with my girlfriend kissing on her telling her out loud how much I cant wait to get home an rail her out." you might not, but i sure do smile.gif "wow sweety, this dinner reminds me a lot of how I AM GOIN TO PUT MYSELF IN YOUR MOUTH LATER TONIGHT!" i love the gasps.

lol, I am sure you do. Do you kiss your mother with that mouth. laugh.gif And dont worry, it will never pass if a man and woman cant hold hands. The religious nuts would go insane. Its "legal" according to the bible to be with a woman as a man. Therefore, its a "law".

"You realize that in 36 states in America you can be fired for being gay." shame on those states.
that is unbelieveable.

not shame on them. Good for them. Employers should have the choice who they want working for them. Virginia is one of the states who can honestly say they take part in this. Its bad enough that you can get in trouble if your male to female ratio is bad. Now you have to have a straight to gay ratio. Its ridiculous, if I want the government telling me who I can hire then I will move to France.

the way i see it, capitol punishment is an imperfect way of dealing with imperfect people. as it is, our technology is such that we can be fairly certain about a person's innocence, but there is no 100%. until then, i fell that it should be reserved for obvious cases, which if i am not mistaken (i frequently am) it already is.

Its probably like 95% chance of being right. You know they say, 95% of the time it works every time. The only issue is people who abuse the system. Women who claim their spouse beats them, when its the woman who does it to themselves and the man is fined or imprisoned cause the woman likes doing it. (Yes it happens, I have seen it take place, there are no shenns with this)

QUOTE (cypherkk @ Dec 16 2006, 06:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The problem with the death penalty is that it usually takes way too long. People can spend a decade or two waiting for the execution date. Most people don't fear consequences that far ahead... just look at aids.

In america, the death penalty is seen as way to curb crime, by saying if you are less likely to commit a crime with this penalty. Problem is most people commit these acts in desperation. Either they don't feel they have anything to loose even if caught or as a crime of passion.

I'm against the warehousing of criminals. THis is truly what the death penalty is for. My opinion: ifyou have a life sentance or more, or more than 20 years of prison time, you are basically taking the life away from the felon. MIght as well do the job right, take the burden off the tax payer, and remove them permenatly from society.

The other problem is it needs to be quick no more than a year after conviction. Sure some innocents may be unfairly treated, but with technology, the innocent "gap" is so dramatically small there would be no statistical significance.

I completely agree. We should move to the "an eye for an eye" law (LOL). You steal, guess what your right hand gets taken away. Look at the crime percent in countries that do this. Its almost non existent. Why, because nobody wants be stoned if they cheat on their wife, or lose a hand because they stole some candy bars.

Jail isnt bad anymore, sure its a shit hole, but if you talk to someone that has been in for 50 years now. They say it has eased up and life is better now. They may like it for the last 20 years of their life, but look at the new people going in. Its not bad, I can deal with it for 4 years since I was apart of that drive by or I shot that night club guy since he punched me. Jail needs to be a living Hell, make it so bad you dont want to be there. If you do this, the crime rate will go down. Who the hell wants to be stuck in the worst place of your life for 10 years for something stupid. You know its bad when people say living in the projects is worse than being in jail. It needs to swap, jail should be 10x worse than what the projects is.

"We should move to the "an eye for an eye" law (LOL). You steal, guess what your right hand gets taken away."

odd, this is what people were asking for when theft actually carried a dismemberment punishment. an eye for an eye means that the punishment should fit the crime. its a cry for fairness.

"95% Right and you are OK with that?! You're saying that 5 out of every 100 people executed are innocent? That figure scares the hell out of me!"

know whats scarier? for every 10, 000 people executed, 500 are innocent. the numbers keep going up.

QUOTE (DarthHookah @ Dec 16 2006, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"We should move to the "an eye for an eye" law (LOL). You steal, guess what your right hand gets taken away."

odd, this is what people were asking for when theft actually carried a dismemberment punishment. an eye for an eye means that the punishment should fit the crime. its a cry for fairness.

"95% Right and you are OK with that?! You're saying that 5 out of every 100 people executed are innocent? That figure scares the hell out of me!"

know whats scarier? for every 10, 000 people executed, 500 are innocent. the numbers keep going up.

Well I am not crying for fairness. If we have a more suitable punishment for the crimes people do, they wont do them. Thats all I am saying. Just look at the people who have been to jail 3-4 or more times. It cant be that bad if they keep doing the shit over and over again.

Yes its sad innocent people are executed or put in jail. But the system cant be perfect. There will always be people put in jail for doing nothing wrong. I mean, we cant have a Judge Dred or Demoltion man system going. Murder Death Kill.

Sure there will always be people convicted that are not guilty. To me there should be a whole new trial to find out if the prosecutors and or police/detectives did anything improper like fabricate evidence, hide evidence in favor of the defendant etc. If that is found to be the case I think it is only fair that those inolved face prison time.
The same goes for witnesses that in some cases just wanted someone to pay for a crime.
There should be no statutes of limitations to protect anyone being that the innocent people that served time spent the time because of some of these people in many cases.

There was a case a few years back in Tennessee where the prosecutors and police framed a guy and he spent around 20 years. A couple of those involved were dead and others retired, but I don't give a shit if a guy is 80 years old if he helped cause a person to be wrongly convicted and evidence shows they knew it or did something to make them "appear" to be guilty they should be dragged out by the shorthairs and die in jail.

With those scenerios in place it would make fewer innocent people conviced just because a DA wants to get re-elected and has to get someone for a crime.

Death penalty is a tough call.

"Thou shall not kill."
or
"If you kill, you stoop to their level."
or
"Eye for an eye."
ppffsstt.. We'd all be blind then ROFL!!

IMHO, if you kill someone for no damned reason, then their family shall kill YOU in the same manner. Unless, they forgive you, then you walk.

If you kill to protect yourself, or 'yours', then you walk.

Rape and murder? Die that death.

Lethal injection is to be 'humane'... NOT for the prisoner, but for the witnesses. If 'normal' people saw a murder, it'd sicken them. So they make it easier for themselves.

My take, your mileage may vary.

i say just get all the death row immates and put them on the bleachers neeked (wet too) and chained up and hook up the bleachers to a power outlet and let them fry laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif then they will all be dead and just have the LIFE immates bury them all . Edited by djbomberto

lawyers have a important purpose in our society. Without them even more innocent people would be convicted because a lot of people simply are not competent enough to represent themselves. Are their bad lawyers, hell yes. But there are bad businessmen like Ken Lay, Charles Keating, Jeff Skilling and the list goes on and on. We have the best systems of checks and balances and just maybe the reason we have the largest prison population per capita may be more because other coutries do not have as good a system for holding criminals accountable.

We could definately go on an on about injustices but comparitivly speaking we are better than any I can think of. China finally admitted a couple of months ago it was harvesting organs from prisoners. That sounds great to some except for the fact that so many prisoners in China are political prisoners.
Some people here have spoken as though they want to just rip up the constitution and bill of rights and take up the ways of some of the third world countries as though they have such a great system. Pol Pot, Hussein, Pinochet, Kohmeni, and the list goes on and on of the leaders of a lot of these countries are a piece to that lifestyle that you have to overlook to think that justice system is a great thing.
Even countries like Saudi Arabia that have very harsh punishments but better government still produced Bin Laden and almost all of the 911 hijackers.

If you were in Saudi, accused of stealing, our justice system would start looking pretty damn good.

If you were in Saudi, accused of stealing, our justice system would start looking pretty damn good.

Simple. Don't steal. In Saudi if you are hungry and poor, a vendor is bound by law to give you food if you ask. It's actually against their custom to let a man go hungry..

It may be goat, or what the goat would not eat, but it's 'food'...

However, I agree.... I like where I live. Clear running water, and a 'make my day' law.

Very true cow. I will not bore you with HOW I know...

My lawyer thing was a tongue in cheek, not serious.. Well.. Sort of not.. HA!!!!

I read once a month how DNA is getting people released for 'rape'...

One night stand, woman goes home, husband says "Why does your 'goodies' stink." she screams rape to hide the fact she got the high hard one.....

I never said there should not be a trial. However I stand by the simple fact.

Keep your head clean, your ass will follow. Edited by stevehookah