Conservative candidate for 2008?

Lakemonster

Screw Bipartisan ties.

Who (if you are inclined) should be the next Presidential Candidate would you choose from a conservative point of view?

1. If you dont really know what a true conservative is, then please dont blast this thread with GWB neo-con BS. (do you know what a neo-con is?)

I personally dont consider GWB as a conservative even though he would like to make you think that he is. Unfortunately, He has misrepresented Conservative constituency.

Personally, I would like to see Tom Tancredo (R-CO) or Ron Paul (R-TX)

Well being as I am from colorado, I am familiar with Tancredo, and I personally dont see him as a viable candidate, especially after just shooting himself in the foot with the comments on miami. He did run a respectable campaign by modern standards though, so I wouldnt mind him, but I think some of his recent actions might take him out of the running. I'm more liberal than conservative (slightly left of center) so I wont go into whether I agree with his posistions on some of the issues, but I do think he represents the conservative platform well, but he never has been one for charisma, which is key in a presidential race. just my $.02

There are no real conservative republicans who have a chance other than McCain. George Allen was one of the republicans hopes, but he destroyed his career by revealing his bigotry. So did Frist, by trying to diagnosing medical conditions, incorrectly, from the senate floor. Who is left?? The far far right usually pick the republican candidate it the primaries, but there is no viable option for them. The 2008 republican primary will be very interesting.

McCain?

Seriously? well. ok.

McCain has had a bad habbit of demonstrating his Liberal tendencies. Some folks in the conservative circles have labled him a "political transvestite" or a "Trojan Horse".

I personally think he keeps Hillary's pic in a drawer that he can pull out when its time for a "wank".

*shudder*

Norquist still hates McCain. There's a lot of "anybody but McCain" conservatives. For his liberal tendancies, he's probably the more likely to garner votes across party lines, but he simply will flounder in the primaries. Karl Rove sunk him before and he'd do it again out of spite.

Speaking of Grover Norquist I am not even sure conservatives can find any prominent people in the movement altogether right now that they really want promoting their views. Ralph Reed and Norquist bith are probably going to face indictment with the Abramoff scandal http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6062401080.html
Newt Gingrich has so many moral flaws that it is hard to believe that any family value conservative could get behind that guy. I think Romney is too far right to even win a primary.
Trying to find a true conservative will be really hard because anyone that stood behind GW as Iraq escalated into what it has at the cost alone fails that test. I think conservatism has become as dirty a word as liberalism.
I would think that anyone in their right mind would stay as far away from Karl Rove as they could. He is just as dirty as his old friend Lee Atwater who only tried to straighten up because he was on his deathbed.
I am curious to who can even lead the conservative movement. Maybe Pat Buchanan?

everytime i hear about the war, i always think back to Team America: World Police.

"Derka derka derka, mohammed jihad. Sherpa Sherpa, bak Allah."
"Ah, derka derka derka."

"hes escaped and is heading south on Bakalakadaka street!"

Honestly, and this is coming from a republican- I don't think they have enough behind them after GWB. I think the country is split badly right now and seeing how the Congressional election just went, I'd say there isn't much of a chance. I've heard rumors of Giuliani (sp?) running, but as far as McCain, I can't stand him. How can he be considered a conservative. I feel he should almost be labeled an independent. As of right now, I don't feel there are many republicans with enough name recognition and charisma behind them to pull it off.

QUOTE (stevehookah)
Vote for me.  I'll pull troops out of Iraq, hire people that are not bound by the Geneva Convention, and fight 'them' how they fight...

Filmed beheadings, and debunk all they stand for.

The US can drill for oil through glass.

STEVEHOOKAH FOR PRES!!!! tongue.gif [size=7][/size] can I head your campaign?