Micheal Richards

DarthHookah

It's still pretty bad. I'm not sure exactly what to make of it. I don't know if he was making a kind of parody response to the racial slurs that the hecklers were using against him, or if he just snapped and really meant what he said.

It's bad either way. Poor Kramer sad.gif

Career say bye bye ....say bye bye career laugh.gif

Man seriously if you don't know how to handle hecklers you have no business doing live performances. I like what my lecturer at uni used to do. When people we're talking during his lecture he would take his stool and go silently sit next to them in the middle of the lecture. When they we're throughly embarrassed he would continue with the lecture

The Today Show had two of the guys the tirade was directed to on their show this morning. It was interesting to hear their story, i.e. they showed up late for a comedy show as a very large party, interrupted his show etc. Apparently there's more to the tirade than what's been shown on network TV which makes his actions just seem even more out of place and inappropriate.

Between this incident and the whole Clay Aiken/Kelly Ripa/Rosie O'Donnell controversy they had lots of gossip to talk about this morning...

clay aiken put his dirty hand over kelly's mouth during a show, and kelly said "i dont know where that hand has been." Rosie, in her standard Cunt fashion (ugly word, but dammit, if the shoe fits...) accused kelly of being homophobic, i.e. "i dont know where your hand has been" to rosie meant "you are a gay man, and your hand has most likely been on several penises (peni?)". of course, kelly meant that clay had been shaking hands with dozens of audience members during cold/flu season, and he put his dirty hand over her mouth.

FUCK ROSIE!

Personally I think racial humour is pretty funny (Two water fountains just mean shorter lines for everybody... laugh.gif )

...but Kramer wasn't trying to be funny, he was just being a racist douche. I think he was smoking something other than hookah before his show.

And yes, Rosie O' Donnell sucks, somebody should put that obese ignorant liberal gun-hating bitch out to pasture. :x

The remark he made about "if this was 50 years ago" or whatever spoke volumes about what he thinks. If it would have been white people heckling him he would have had a harsh, yet different remark. He should have called them sorry ass inconsiderate pieces of shit or any other appropriate ridicule they deserved that could have applied to sorry ass inconsiderate pieces of shit of any color.
I heard they had called him a cracker. Well he should have called them racist piece of shits and turned the tables on them instead of showing himself to be a racist POS.

Yeah...after i heard about it, I didn't think much of it, thinking that it had been taken from context. Then I saw the actual clip, and thats just completly uncalled for. There's no way to defend that one Kramer.

QUOTE (PersianPride)
QUOTE (Krautle87)
Personally I think racial humour is pretty funny (Two water fountains just mean shorter lines for everybody... laugh.gif )

Just curious. Was the black fountain lower quality then the white one ohmy.gif

Thankfully I am just barely young enough not to remember those days.
Kramer was my favorite character on Seinfeld and the reruns ill not be the same.

He interrupted someone and he got his ass pwnt fair and square... thats kind of what happens sometimes. Thats usually why I tend to shut my mouth when Im at a show like that..because well its fucking rude to speak when a performer is performing.

I dont condone racism, thats his bad. But I udnerstand why he would get mad, because honestly I would have gotten pissed too, I wouldnt have shouted racial slurrs but I would have told someone to shutup but thats because I get a bad temper sometimes.

i truly feel sorry for him. he isnt a very experienced stand up performer, from what ive heard, and apperently he was before a tough croud. he never should have been put there. he didnt know how to handle hecklers.

he lost his temper, and said things he didnt mean. i watched his apology several times, and it seems like the most sincere apology i have heard from hollywood.

the inference he made about back in the day of lynchings is no different than if the hecklers would have been Jewish and he said "if this was 60 years ago and this was Germany we'd be pulling you out of an oven and pitching you in a mass grave" as opposed to making a reference to common conceptions of Jewish people being cheap.
A slur is one thing and making a reference to one of our least proud moments in history is quite another. Like I said there were all kinds of ways he could have ripped into them that would have applied to any asshole and would not have only applied to a race.

The man in in his 50's so he does remember back to the way things were with the remarks he made. The best thing that could happen for him is some of the black celebrities he knows and I am sure he is friends with come forward in his defense and assure people that what he said is not in any way the way he is and that he was so mad that he wanted to say the most hateful thing he could possibly say to these people for pissing him off.

I am reminded of a situation where Rosanne Barr-Arnold-Barr was to sing the Star Spangled Banner here in San Diego. She sang it rather poorly, intentionally, and proceeded to grab her crotch and spit and do other such stupid shit. Needless to say, people in San Diego were not happy. I said then, which I think applies now, people used to make funny in a number of ways, including making fun of other specific people, ala "the roast". Many comedians have moved over to make most of their act making light of other groups. Rosanne (and Michael) both ceased to be funny, because they are not making fun of things for a reason, they are doing it mindlessly and without forethought or reason. If you make fun of Colin Powell or Dick Cheney, with the intention of suggesting that they are smug, thats one thing, insulting them just for the sake of insulting them that something else. Some people find me amusing, but I don't enjoy modern comedy...in the least. Michael Richards and Rosanne Barr not-withstanding. Modern comedy is the problem, not Michael Richards. If Jeff Foxworthy's "You might be a redneck if..." or Eddie Izzard's urbane, gay humor or Jay Leno's canned humor any different? What about Chris Rock's anti-white and anti-black humor? Its all negative for the most part and I don't find vicious, bitingcommentary funny. I find most of them offensive, although Eddie Izzard is OK, in some small degree. I find "Seinfeld" entertaining, but not too funny.

Don't judge Michael Richards characterizations with his performances...his performance might be a characterization, either way, Kramer is still a different person than Michael Richards, albeit Kramer is a fictitious character, given a face by Michael Richards. Henry Ford was a Nazi sympathisizer, so did you stop buying Fords? Maybe even stop driving altogether? That Sonthert guy is supposed to be a racist since he doesn't support Israel...should you stop buying Tangiers Tobacco? Maybe just stop smoking hookah altogether...Doesn't seem reasonable. I have always marvelled at movies or TV shows that are edited or removed from syndication because people find them offensive...its a piece of fiction people...don't take it too seriously.

so now, after he has apologized on several mediums, and has started therapy to learn how to control his anger, the people he yelled at are suing.

"Excuse me judge, he hurt my feelings. make him give me money."

they are claiming that he put them in a position where they could not get away from his tauntings, and that they were scared. ecuse me, but i saw them get up and leave, and i heard them firing back equally racist and nasty remarks (not that that makes what micheal or anyone else said ok).

micheal was wrong to lose his temper and was wrong to use that language, and he was right to apologize and he should be seeking out the ones he directed the rant towards (and he says he has), but this in NOT lawsuit-worthy. just an excuse to get money.

I've yet to hear the black audience members apologize to anyone for calling him a cracker. Although, they do lack the social standing he once had... I wonder if the talkshow that had the audience members had anyone ask them about an apology?

I've yet to hear the black audience members apologize to anyone for calling him a cracker. Although, they do lack the social standing he once had... I wonder if the talkshow that had the audience members had anyone ask them about an apology?

You wont either..... its socially acceptable to for whites to simply take the brunt of racial opposition without complaint. Its not ok for Whites to insult or even CRITICIZE anything about the Black community in general. But the rule does not apply in the reverse.

Theres nothing equal about it.

Lets just call a spade a ........ oh, wait.

See what I mean. Gotta walk on eggshells and grow thicker skin to be a modern day white.