Canada Starts it USA perfects it

sidhucer

Just a funny observation guys... Canada legalized alcohol b4 america... Canada supplied Al capone, and hes is one of the biggest gangster of all in the states... Now Canadian made whisky such as Crown Royal, Royal Rserve etc.. all made in canada.. cost about $65-70 for a 60 oz in Canada... And i'm in the part where were allowed privately owned liq stores... its more in BC and T.O because they are gov't operated... When america pays a fraction of that for our whisky they import....
I remember the first time i was in vegas i was shocked when you could buy a case of bear for dirt cheap... even on the vegas strip where the mrakup is huge...
i buy a 8 pack cost my 15 bucks now!......
Seems nuts to me! Well i guess all the alcoholics pay allot more but will get a free liver transplant when it finally gives out

:?

[quote name='Skimo']haha yeah theres the perk, when your not in good health from using those things, the doc is free[/quote]

Haha yah,,, Last time i was in cali we were driving a go kart around doing some crazy stuff, my cuzzin said health cares not free here u know... Some stitches would cost a fortune hahaha!

Silly american we have guns here to actually per capit i think our gun posession is higher.... but we don't have nearly as many shootings...

lol well I think when my military life is over im going to move to Canada, Ive always wanted to go and now yall are giving me good reasons lol, but isn't the wait at the docs long as fuck since everybody is free?

Canada legalized alcohol before the US? How does that work? I might be a little dumb, but the US passed the first Excise Tax act in 1786, which taxed booze, but not outlawed it. I don't think Canada was a country in 1786...1867 Canada began its process of independence, the US only had prohibition from 1920-1933...I'm confused, how did Canada legalize alcohol before the US?

[quote name='Sonthert']Canada legalized alcohol before the US? How does that work? I might be a little dumb, but the US passed the first Excise Tax act in 1786, which taxed booze, but not outlawed it. I don't think Canada was a country in 1786...1867 Canada began its process of independence, the US only had prohibition from 1920-1933...I'm confused, how did Canada legalize alcohol before the US?[/quote]

Well, I can give you an answer to that, fine sir! Michael J. Fox is Canadian and obviously abused the time traveling DeLorean to make Canada a superior and "ahead of the times" place to live.

1985!!!!!

[quote name='DarthHookah']that picture has an optical illusion. if you look at it for a few minutes, you can see a tree in the background.[/quote]

[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/DizzyGuy/pic0305.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a54/DizzyGuy/156-1.jpg[/img]

Anyways, back on subject.... Yes, explain how alcohol was legal in Canada first :D

[quote name='Sonthert']Canada legalized alcohol before the US? How does that work? I might be a little dumb, but the US passed the first Excise Tax act in 1786, which taxed booze, but not outlawed it. I don't think Canada was a country in 1786...1867 Canada began its process of independence, the US only had prohibition from 1920-1933...I'm confused, how did Canada legalize alcohol before the US?[/quote]

Yeah i twisted that a bit.. but just wanted to prove a point... Good observation...... But during that decade al-capone aand the whisky trade was born... and Canadaian whisky can be found in ever liq store...

At the same time, the French were still making cognac and armangnac, the Scots were making scotch and the US was still manufacturing large amounts of bourbon for "medicinal purposes"...thats what the "Number 7" on Jack Daniel's supposedly refers to, the prescription number...George Dickle is #12, Wild Turkey is #8, etc. No offense, but I've tried hundreds of whiskies (and dark liquors in general) and Canadian whiskey is generally inferior to scotch and bourbon...not to mention French or Spanish brandies. It is better than Irish whiskey and the one Japanese whiskey I had the misfortune of trying. Crown Royal is very poor quality...I did try an excellent single malt Canadian whiskey "Hand and Seal"...I am referring to general quality, of course. In Canada, due to the predatory excise tax system, excellent quality imports are disproportionately taxed and become too expensive for the average person. Thats OK, many countries do the same dumb thing...a flat excise tax is the answer, of course...therefore the only good quality spirits that can be had are those of domestic origin.

QUOTE (Sonthert)
At the same time, the French were still making cognac and armangnac, the Scots were making scotch and the US was still manufacturing large amounts of bourbon for "medicinal purposes"...thats what the "Number 7" on Jack Daniel's supposedly refers to, the prescription number...George Dickle is #12, Wild Turkey is #8, etc. No offense, but I've tried hundreds of whiskies (and dark liquors in general) and Canadian whiskey is generally inferior to scotch and bourbon...not to mention French or Spanish brandies. It is better than Irish whiskey and the one Japanese whiskey I had the misfortune of trying. Crown Royal is very poor quality...I did try an excellent single malt Canadian whiskey "Hand and Seal"...I am referring to general quality, of course. In Canada, due to the predatory excise tax system, excellent quality imports are disproportionately taxed and become too expensive for the average person.  Thats OK, many countries do the same dumb thing...a flat excise tax is the answer, of course...therefore the only good quality spirits that can be had are those of domestic origin.

I guess it depends on you taste... i know all liq is a acquired taste but i can't stand scotch but i am so trained on Crown Royal Whisky i can drink it like it nothing..... Just like when i was in mexico these guys rotated my whole crew in drinking tequilla but when we pulled out the 60 pounder of CR they coudln't keep up...

QUOTE (DizzyGuy)
.....60 pounds of CR???

Yeah, it made me go "O_O"

Health care in Canada isn't comparable to some of the care in the US, just because it's free it doesn't make it great.

On the whiskey subject, I'm either Scotch or Bourbon (must be Beam!)

Not even close. I love the taste of whiskey, so when I'm drinking hard I prefer to drink Beam Bourbon. It's cheap, I like the taste, and it has a good sweetness to it. It's not something I would try to pair with a nice cigar, it's too sweet for that...

When I drink Scotch, it's most likely to be Chivas Regal 12, Johnnie Walker Black, or maybe even JW Gold. I don't have the wallet for most nice single malts, $40-$60/litre is what I like to spend

Knob Creek is made by Jim Beam. Try Jim Beam Black Label. Cheaper than Crap Daniels AND far better at 7 years old. Maker's Mark is great, if you like wheated bourbons, Wild Turkey used to be much better when it was 8 years old. Now, the entry level offering being 4 years old is too young for such a thick blend. Russell's Reserve at 12 years old is still underaged. WT 8 year old was the best, I still have a bottle and a half of it stashed away. Here's my list of top bourbons:

Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit
Rebel Yell (Bernheim)
Old Weller (any bottling, also Bernheim)
Old Charter, 13 year old Proprietor's reserve
Elijah Craig, 18 Year old (Heaven Hill...pronounced Heavin' Hill, since Heaven Hill's basic bottling is so god Awful)
Actually, Elijah Craig 12 Year old is excellent, too.
Jim Beam Black
Old Ezra (St. Louis!) 101 proof
George Dickle #12 (Tennessee Whiskey at it finest!)
Booker's cask strength (Jim Beam)
Old Grand Dad 114pr (Jim Beam)
Any Van Winkle, Pappy Van Winkle, Old Van Winkle
Elmer T Lee Single Barrel (Ancient Age)
Hancock's Reserve
Evan Williams Single Barrel (Ancient Age or Heaven Hill, I can't remember)

I agree with you, regarding Single Malt Scotch. Unfortunately, most people don't ever try anything other than Glenlivet or Glenfiddich which, in my opinion, I find nauseatingily poor. Find any Springbank at least 12 years old and you will believe, my brother. Also, Ardbeg (Glenmorangie) and Clynelish are among my personal favorites. At the risk of adding creedence to your point, single malt scotches outnumber bourbon in my collection 80 to 30, roughly. Bourbon, on the other hand, since it doesn;t have to pay import duty, is far cheaper for the quality of spirit involved. The index I attach is 2:1. For the same quality spirit, single malt scotch is roughly twice as expensive.

QUOTE (worr lord)
QUOTE (DizzyGuy)
.....60 pounds of CR???

Yeah, it made me go "O_O"

Health care in Canada isn't comparable to some of the care in the US, just because it's free it doesn't make it great.

On the whiskey subject, I'm either Scotch or Bourbon (must be Beam!)

Yah ur right not many plastic surgeons here.. but thats a good thing i guess keeps MJ away.. and most people let thier kids play outiside without worries in Canada..

Wooo Calgary flames 5 game streak.. we rule!