Canada Starts it USA perfects it

sidhucer

my favorite scotches are probably oban (as much for the sentimental value i have from having visited the distillery and town several times. lovely town and a lovely little scotch) ardbeg Uigeadail, the macallan cask strength is wonderful, and there are many others that are quite nice.

Ardbeg is great. Since Allied spun it off to Glenmorangie, its like a little renaissance. The stock UD Oban bottling is crummy. The distillery is so busy making malt for blend, they rarely release anything truely exciting, unfortunately, since Oban is one of the last Western Highland distilleries in business. Try some Bowmore, Auchentoshan, Clynelish, Longmorn, Laphroaig (10 and 15 Yo...VERY different), Glenmorangie and Glenrothes, tell me what you like best and I can point you in the right direction for further exploration.

Hockey...also invented by Canadians and perfected by Americans

Canada is a sweet country, I love going up there and buying Cubans, drinking legally, seeing hockey shit EVERYWHERE...but I wouldn't want to deal with that socialized medicine garbage when I've got a cut that needs stitches.

well i can probably try all of the ones you mentioned the next time im at my parents house. my dad is a fanatic scotch collector and his current collection is around 85 bottles (or was when i left though he picks up more left and right)

Americans did not 'perfect' hockey. You just imported players, like you do with every other sport. Need a tall bushman for basketball, you give an African a 'scholarship'. Need a full back, you hunt the 'hood' and give them a scholarship. Need a hockey player, you import them from Canada.

Having moved from America to Canada some years back I can say.
1) Waiting for a doctor in Canada is twice the time
2) Canadian Rye whiskey knocks out any American sourmash, ect. American whiskey trivia. 90% of it's just diluted/flavoured corn liquor, Beam, Jack included.
3) I get a carton of cigs for 12 bucks in Canada. Indian reservation
4) I get a 24 for 24 bucks.. a buck a beer. lakeport
5) The people in Canada don't act like you owe them something, and are actually kind to each other.
6) We had 600 murders NATION wide in 2005, the US had over 16 thousand.
7) The US is the only country that does NOT use the metric system, except for the military.
8) Canadian women are HOT!!! Married a Dutch Canadian that has never told me 'no' in the past 7 years.
9) The immigrants actually SPEAK English here. It's a law.
10) Immigrants will actually welcome you to try things from their culture. i.e. hookah was introduced to me by my co-worker
11) The immigrants do not run Canada, they actually 'blend' in. Sure they have their own 'sections' in the cities, but I am not afraid to walk through them.

QUOTE (stevehookah)
Americans did not 'perfect' hockey.  You just imported players, like you do with every other sport.  Need a tall bushman for basketball, you give an African a 'scholarship'.  Need a full back, you hunt the 'hood' and give them a scholarship.  Need a hockey player, you import them from Canada.

Having moved from America to Canada some years back I can say.
1) Waiting for a doctor in Canada is twice the time
2) Canadian Rye whiskey knocks out any American sourmash, ect.  American whiskey trivia.  90% of it's just diluted/flavoured corn liquor, Beam, Jack included.
3) I get a carton of cigs for 12 bucks in Canada.  Indian reservation
4) I get a 24 for 24 bucks..  a buck a beer.  lakeport
5) The people in Canada don't act like you owe them something, and are actually kind to each other.
6) We had 600 murders NATION wide in 2005, the US had over 16 thousand.
7) The US is the only country that does NOT use the metric system, except for the military.
8) Canadian women are HOT!!!  Married a Dutch Canadian that has never told me 'no' in the past 7 years.
9) The immigrants actually SPEAK English here.  It's a law.
10) Immigrants will actually welcome you to try things from their culture.  i.e. hookah was introduced to me by my co-worker
11) The immigrants do not run Canada, they actually 'blend' in.  Sure they have their own 'sections' in the cities, but I am not afraid to walk through them.

Yahh woooo
Canada rules
Get rid of the tobacco tax and were number 1#
And yah u guys steal all our players greztky crosby....
Go Flames!

1. But its more free.
2. Thats false. There are strict rules as to what can and can't go into Bourbon. Jack Daniels, on the other hand, does not legally qualify as bourbon. Corn Liquor is defined, legally, as any spirit that is more than 75% corn. Bourbon must be from 51-75% corn, by law. Jim Beam, falling into that cetegory, would then not be corn liquor, although a predominance of it might be. Besides, wheat is plenty common, but the only country to use it by and large is Canada...
3. I can get them for $9 in Mexico. Foreign Country
4. I get a 24 for $18
5. They are here in So. Cal, too.
6. You have less to lose. You also have more guns, per capita.
7. So measurements are by agreement? So what? We use gallons rather than liters...I know the conversions...do you? How many liters are in a gallon?
8. Can't beat So Cal...mang.
9. Don't your hostile French Separatists get all testy about that?
10. They do here, too.
11. I'm not here, either...thats all fear and paranoia made by the US media.

3) I get a carton of cigs for 12 bucks in Canada.

Canadian dip (Skoal, Cope, ect) comes in little tiny tins and costs double the price.

4) I get a 24 for 24 bucks.. a buck a beer.

I paid $40 for a 24 pack of Labatt Blue in Missisaugua, piss water I say. :x

True, Canadians are a decent and friendly bunch. 8)

Metric system is teh suxxors.

8) Canadian women are HOT!!! Married a Dutch Canadian that has never told me 'no' in the past 7 years.

Agreed, our American women need to be rounded up and put in exercize camps. laugh.gif

9) The immigrants actually SPEAK English here. It's a law.

Really? I thought you guys were into the whole bilingual French thing?
[/b]

QUOTE (Krautle87)
QUOTE (sidhucer)

And yah u guys steal all our players greztky crosby....  

LOL, you do realize that Edmonton's cheap bastard of an owner Peter Pocklington SOLD Gretz to the Kings, right?

haha i think u mean trade... but what do u guys expect haha our population less then the population of the stae of california to keep a superstar like gtrezky woulda cost a fortune...
thank god we dont' have as much population... no traffic jamz slower pace of life...
We live the american dream :wink:

QUOTE (Sonthert)
1. But its more free.
2. Thats false. There are strict rules as to what can and can't go into Bourbon. Jack Daniels, on the other hand, does not legally qualify as bourbon. Corn Liquor is defined, legally, as any spirit that is more than 75% corn. Bourbon must be from 51-75% corn, by law. Jim Beam, falling into that cetegory, would then not be corn liquor, although a predominance of it might be. Besides, wheat is plenty common, but the only country to use it by and large is Canada...
3. I can get them for $9 in Mexico. Foreign Country
4. I get a 24 for $18
5. They are here in So. Cal, too.
6. You have less to lose. You also have more guns, per capita.
8. Can't beat So Cal...mang.
9. Don't your hostile French Separatists get all testy about that?

haha no matteer i still get drunk without the additives
Also tthat thing about french sepeartists is blown out of proportion just like how most canadian think ever priest is a mollester in the states...

QUOTE (SanguineSolitude)
very true you dont get bombed by terrorists... what would they bomb. the one landmark you have in toronto?

In all seriousness, remember they DID foil that plot where they were going to bomb the CN Tower, storm Parliament, and chop off Harper's head live on CBC...messed up shiite.*

*it's a pun. laugh.gif

Glad to see I had the charming effect I wanted. I was not disrespecting America by no means. However, I can smoke my hookah outside without the RCMP getting called.

Also, I sit corrected.. it's Corn Whiskey, that makes Americas booze.

Americans lack a generic term for the family of whiskeys made from a corn base.  I use the term "corn whiskey" although this in itself refers only to corn based whiskey that does not meet the legal definition for "Bourbon" or "Tennessee" whiskey.  I apologize for the confusion, but given the traditional vocabularies it cannot be avoided.

The most popular variety of corn whiskey is Bourbon whiskey, pronounced buR-Bun rather than the French BUrr-bOnn.  (For you Europeans the American term corn means maize.)  Bourbon must be straight whiskey with corn comprising between 51% and 79% of the mash grains (the remander usually being barley and rye), and must be made in the U.S. to be labeled Bourbon in the United States.

Site

I still like rye whiskey...

Yeah, most Canadian beer is pisswater, however even Coors tastes better up here.

Anyrate, not starting a hate fest; as most already knew, just having a good hookah debate.

One thing about hookah, it calms you so you can take in others points, without the gunfire. LOL!!

QUOTE (stevehookah)
Glad to see I had the charming effect I wanted.  I was not disrespecting America by no means.  However, I can smoke my hookah outside without the RCMP getting called.

Also, I sit corrected..  it's Corn Whiskey, that makes Americas booze.

Americans lack a generic term for the family of whiskeys made from a corn base.  I use the term "corn whiskey" although this in itself refers only to corn based whiskey that does not meet the legal definition for "Bourbon" or "Tennessee" whiskey.  I apologize for the confusion, but given the traditional vocabularies it cannot be avoided.

The most popular variety of corn whiskey is Bourbon whiskey, pronounced buR-Bun rather than the French BUrr-bOnn.  (For you Europeans the American term corn means maize.)  Bourbon must be straight whiskey with corn comprising between 51% and 79% of the mash grains (the remander usually being barley and rye), and must be made in the U.S. to be labeled Bourbon in the United States.

Site

I still like rye whiskey...

Yeah, most Canadian beer is pisswater, however even Coors tastes better up here.

Anyrate, not starting a hate fest; as most already knew, just having a good hookah debate.

One thing about hookah, it calms you so you can take in others points, without the gunfire. LOL!!

Yeah i think somone should send a hookah to the whitehouse for bush

Yeah i think somone should send a hookah to the whitehouse for bushYeah i think somone should send a hookah to the whitehouse for bush

Well.. His intentions were good, you MUST admit. The execution, leaves things to be desired.

Not a swinging dick in the world would have sat by if an American President chem bombed his own civilians.

Also, it's not Bush blowing up people in public markets, in churches, drive by shootings... It's the gangsters of islam..

I KNOW muslims, I break bread with them, I smoke hookah with them; who do you think I heard it from, and they also agree. Iraq's boggles are those that perverted islam, not Bush..

Simple. Stop killing people, the Americans will leave. Once they leave, all hell can break loose.. But as long as ONE American or civilian death is at the hands of insurgents, there is no withdrawl for America..

p.s. Giving off big puffs for our conversation. And a cheers of Candian rye.
-cheers-