Isn't the Phunnel Bowl design Patented?

Barry

I see all these companies making these Phunnel Bowls all around the world but somebody told me the Phunnel Bowl is patented or isn't this true?, Somebody please shed some light me and my friend argued over this I said things like hookah bowl designs can't be patented but he said it's patented so then why is everybody producing them and no legal action against them??, So if I went and started making and selling them it's okay? (Not that I'm going to but just generally speaking)

Edited by Barry

• 1 year later...

I don't think it's patented... patents are a headache... but everyone knows Tangiers is the OG manufacturer and still the best ones I have ever used!

• 2 months later...

I learned something this past weekend regarding patents.

I was at a vape shop that also blows glass. I inquired about possibly getting scali mods made, but was worried about copyright. 

The artist said that in most creations like the scali mod or phunnel bowl, it in reality is an art and practically unenforceable patentent. He explained, with scali mod as example, that just adding a swirl, or a dab of color, makes it a completely different product from patent product because of artist rights. 

I think this is what you are seeing with all these various phunnels on the market. The artists know the looseness of the law and shape it to their favor. 

(off topic for those that see: sorry I disappeared guys. Life is chaos. I'm usually on Clash Of Kings day and night now as a leader of a group, helps keep me sane. I'm single now, disabled, fighting for SSI, and living with my parents at 31)

Sorry to here it Riv! I'm single now too, lost my kids and in a depression that would kill most. But I am here today. Hit me up if you need anything!

• 1 month later...
On 9/21/2018 at 4:52 PM, Stuie said:

Sorry to here it Riv! I'm single now too, lost my kids and in a depression that would kill most. But I am here today. Hit me up if you need anything!

Damn Stu, sorry to hear that... Praying for you man. 

Pat, best of luck in the fight! Pretty sure my dad’s about to be there in the fight as well, seeing as I don’t think he’ll be returning to work after this second battle with cancer...