I have a serious problem

I had a friend that a mitrocardio valve problem (or some such medical babble). He hada defect in one of his heart valves. He was forever checking his pulse to see if his heart was still working OK, of course the prospect that his heart might stop made him nervous, which raised his heart rate which concerned him, which made him more nervous...until he had to go on Prozac.

lol didnt think of the overweight factor. Im not exactly tiny, but i cant say it effects my smoke :P i can actually take bigger hits and longer hits than anyone that i smoke with, without problems XP

I would think the bigger you are the less problem you would have. I mean im 5'6 and 120 pounds lol, so the nicotine is going to be alot stronger for me than for somebody who is 40 pounds heavier than me right?

[quote name='Skimo']I would think the bigger you are the less problem you would have. I mean im 5'6 and 120 pounds lol, so the nicotine is going to be alot stronger for me than for somebody who is 40 pounds heavier than me right?[/quote]

I don't think this is right. It's not unlike the old alcohol adage. I should be able to drink just about anyone under the table - I'm a big guy. But it really dosn't work like that.

I would imagine that nicotine would be the same. To my (limited) knowledge the only time body size has an issue is in the use of anesthetic.

JD

[quote name='Joseph']Well, body weight does make a differance because more weight means more blood in your body, so the alchohol is more dilute.  But I don't think nicotine is similer.[/quote]

Don't see why not. The nictone is absorbed into the blood stream via the lungs? [PS :- I maybe wrong, this is an assumption]

So both would become dilute. But it's the when the substance his the right place in the brain that the affects take place?

Still i'm an engineer, not a doctor.

JD - not a doctor!

yes weight in nicotine absorbtion is a factor, but its not the only factor, hence the reason that just because your big it doesnt mean you can handle more. I myself have had a high natural tollerance for alcohol, and ive found nicotine, which is just added to with my weight. It took a good bottle of tequila, 20 tooters, 4 smirnoffs, 3 straight glasses of vodka, 4 margaritas, 1 blender full of frozen margaritta chugged(oh yea can we say brain freeze from hell :D) and a few more i cant remeber to get me good and drunk XD

[quote name='EvansLight']yes weight in nicotine absorbtion is a factor, but its not the only factor, hence the reason that just because your big it doesnt mean you can handle more. I myself have had a high natural tollerance for alcohol, and ive found nicotine, which is just added to with my weight. It took a good bottle of tequila, 20 tooters, 4 smirnoffs, 3 straight glasses of vodka, 4 margaritas, 1 blender full of frozen margaritta chugged(oh yea can we say brain freeze from hell :D) and a few more i cant remeber to get me good and drunk XD[/quote]

HA! It takes me exactly one bottle of wine and my ass is asleep....
Of course working 60+ Hours a week may have some baring of this :(

JD

[quote name='Skimo']I was just wondering if I gained weight if Nakhla would stop kicking my ass, I guess not though lol. And El thats a hell of a lot to drink lol, I would have died[/quote]

To be honest - I think anyone would have died! EL is da hardcore mofo :P

JD

lol not anymore. after a lil run in with a now ex-friend known as imported honey vodka XD i cant even handle nyquil anymore without my body rejecting it. Oh the joys of a near death experience :D