Steampunk Hookahs

Namaste

Hey!  Just wanted to post some Steampunk inspired hookahs my bf and i made...  we 'upcycle' using old antiques a lot, so that is where many of the pieces for these are from.  The glass 'ball' on both is old pyrex labwear we found at an estate sale.  On the one with the swoopy copper pipe & the wooden base, the pyrex ball holds the water, & on the other the water is in a jar inside the copper/brass cylinder, & the ball is just for the cool factor of watching it fill up with smoke.  Also they both have led lights...  one in the wooden base, which lights up an opera glass lens with flourite behind it, & the other lights up the pyrex 'smoke ball'.  Let us know what y'all think!  We got a lot of help from this forum, came up all the time in google searches.  So thank you! :)

Namaste,

Ben

I may just not be able to see well, but from what I can tell, those don't function, right? The physics of them just doesnt seem right. For example, the only place a hose port can go on the smaller, birdfeeder, one would be at the bottom of the glass orb. If that were filled with water up to the downstem, the water would just flow out right? Am I missing something?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I may just not be able to see well, but from what I can tell, those don't function, right? The physics of them just doesnt seem right. For example, the only place a hose port can go on the smaller, birdfeeder, one would be at the bottom of the glass orb. If that were filled with water up to the downstem, the water would just flow out right? Am I missing something?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

My thoughts exactly. They certainly look cool, but aside from actual functionality, these would be nigh impossible to clean as well.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 years later...