Carbopol Quicklight Coals

Purchased: picked up from a local lounge

Lighting: Solid, and convinient. 20 seconds with a constant bic flame and your good to go.

Smell: The chemical coating is present. However not as strong as golden coals and dissipates quite quickly

Taste: No noticeable taste was present

Ash: Ashs very well. Easy to de-ash after a layer has formed.

Longevity: lasted about an hour before I needed a new one. Was using one on my crown micro phunnel bowl. Was a little too hot for it but a crack down the middle would fix that

Overall: 9.5/10. A solid coal with very convienient lighting, smoking, and price tends to stay moderately low. It was about 1.50 for a roll of 5 at a local lounge so not to bad. The whole in the middle does promote airflow so the whole coal ashes evenly. Def my new go to QL. I will be picking up more of these inthe near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Lighting: Very fast compared to other Instant light coals i've used roughly 1-2 minutes to be fully lit

Smell: If u smell the coal before its lit you can smell chemicals but when burning just a little burning smell but its fent

Taste: Zero taste which is why I bought these.

Ash: They ash easy, but when they are fully lit, the coals down break easy like its soft, but its good at the same time, becuase i want the coal spread around my bowl.

Longevity: Roughly 40 mintues, i was smoking outside during my lunch break.

Overall: 9/10 I give it a 9 only because it does crumble more then I want. but it a pro/con of it that I enjoy and hate. But I really love these coals well worth the money, I only use them at work for lunch since I do not have a stove in my car lol.  But the last for ever, have no smell, and do not give a taste.  To really find a reason not to like them would be very hard. I recommend these to anyway that needs back up coals for the house or coals for on the go for traveling or if you are just not able to get to a stove. This is the best alternative to coconut or Japanese coals.  I will be buying more of these.