Strawberry (3)

Chreees

Tangiers Noir Strawberry (3)

Hookah: Al Nawras "Spear" Brass Syran on BJ Glassworks Red Jumbo Boho.
Bowl: Tangiers Pico Phunnel.
Screen/Foil: Reynolds Heavy Duty.
Hose: Nammor Fretted.
Coals: Two Razans Stonehenged (on their smallest sides).
Base Liquid: Water.

Appearance: Finer cut than Noir or Lucid, medium juiciness. Dark brown in color.
Smell: "In Your Face" Strawberry. The aroma filled my apartment after 30 minutes of acclimation.
Taste: Exact same as it smells. Delish.
Smoke: Huge clouds, as is normal with Tangiers.
Buzz: None.
Duration: 2 Hours so far, still smoking.

Purchased From: From the sample set Eric sent out in December 2012.

Overall: 10/10. I love this flavor. It is a strong strawberry, which is not something you usually get with strawberry flavors. It doesn't die off, either. It stays strong throughout, even after the second round of coals. The best strawberry I've ever had next to this was Rosanna Strawberry, which was awesome flavor, but not strong enough and died off much too quickly. This Tangiers flavor corrects that and is epic! I would definitely purchase this again in the future, and if anyone asks for a good Strawberry, I'd refer them to this one.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I think this is Birquq because it smokes similar to the other Birquq flavors I have tried, and required the same heat management more or less. Also the cut and juiciness is like Birquq compared to Noir and Lucid, kinda in between. So far, I'm really digging Birquq. Seems to bring the best of both Noir and Lucid to the table. Really nice. Great job, Eric!

SECOND EDIT: Eric has since confirmed this to be Noir. Fooled me! :P

• 3 months later...

Hookah: KM Trimetal
Bowl: Crown Microfunnel.
Screen/Foil: heavy duty foil
Hose: Nammor.
Coals: 2 Razans
Base Liquid: Water with ice.

Appearance: I agree with Chris, looked like Birquq to me. In color, its more amber-y than a lot of Noir is. Didn't seem different in cut but I don't tend to pay too much attention to that.

Smell: Like those little strawberry bud candies...
Taste: Unfortunately not very strong. It's definitely strawberry, and it didn't taste tobacco-y... for example, Vanilla Tangiers tastes like vanilla tobacco, but this tastes like maybe a strawberry... marshmallow? Not overpowered by tobacco, just not an intense flavor.
Smoke: Same as usual, big.
Buzz: None.
Duration: 2 sets of coals, or about 1.5-2 hours

Purchased From: Ultimate Hookah, April 2013.

Overall: 5/10. It tastes alright, and it's still one of the better strawberry flavors I've had (doesn't taste like cough syrup, yay!), just wish it tasted as intense as it smells. Going to let it sit out a little more (though I NEVER have to acclimate) and see if it helps any, and also try iceless water, though I don't typically see a huge flavor difference with water temps. If not, will be using it mixed in with some other stuff like New Lime or Lemon and just let it play second fiddle for a strawberry lemonade/limeade kind of thing. Wish I had had Chris's experience, will post back if the warm water and/or acclimation help. 

Hookah: KM Trimetal

Bowl: Alien Mini w/ Lotus

Screen/Foil: Lotus

Hose: Narbish v 4

Coals: 2 coco's

Base Liquid: water

Appearance: Typical Tangiers cut, undyed, etcetcetc

Smell: Very strong strawberry smell, think of Strawberry Fig Newtons and you're spot on.

Taste: I've only had one other strawberry shisha (pharaohs...), this one is much better. I find the flavor is strong, and it's not a "fake" strawberry taste, it tries to be more natural. Definitely recommend for anyone who enjoys fruity flavors.

Smoke: THUNDA CLOUDZZZZ

Buzz: Tangiers buzz, would be strong to a new smoker.

Duration: 2 coals, add 1 later for a total of 3. About 90 mins.

Purchased From: ultimate hookah, april '13

Overall: 8.5/10 I enjoyed this a lot! It's a good flavor, it's great for mixing too (gonna try lemon/lime +strawberry later, mmm). The flavor isn't as INTENSE as some, but it's still there and lasts throughout the bowl.

Edited by fuckthatvincekid