Multiple Reviews

james

[b]Romman Banana[/b]

Cut: Typical Romman cut. Very juicy. Nothing unusual.

Smell: A very strong and very sweet smell of artificial banana.

Taste: Very thick and flavorful smoke. Tasted just like it smelled. Amazing to me, but then again I love the taste of artificial banana. Think banana taffy/candy, not actual banana.

Thickness: Took a little while to get everything going perfectly. But when I got it going, smoke was super thick and heavy with flavor. It was thick enough that I was a little surprise, based on other experiences with Romman.

Buzz: Hit me pretty heavy. Loved the flavor so much that I almost made myself sick. We both went straight to sleep after smoking. Very nice.

Overall: 8.5/10 Romman usually isn't worth the price for me, but the banana was great.

[b]Romman Coconut[/b]

Cut: Very juicy. Had an unusual number of stems in it.

Smell: Kinda hard to describe. Slightly coconut, slightly nutty? Almost had a hint of vanilla soy milk to it? Anyway...

Taste: Very bland. Smoke couldn't support the flavor well enough. Tasted like an extremely mild pipe tobacco with a sweet, nutty overtone. I'm not very picky, but I was so bored by the flavor that I stopped my smoke early.

Thickness: Weak smoke matched the weak flavor. For a normal smoke, all I could get was a thin, wispy smoke. Had to load it up with heat to get a thick smoke (making the bland flavor a harsh bland flavor).

Buzz: Didn't smoke it long enough to find out.

Overall: 4/10 Meh. Just wasn't what it should be.

[b]Romman Cocktail[/b]

Cut: Typical cut. Very moist.

Smell: Like a Flintstones vitamin. I have to idea how else to explain it.

Taste: Fruity. Like a fruity candy. Again, it had a very distinct Flintstones vitamins taste to me. Fairly good flavor. It's a little odd, since you can't distinguish any single fruit flavor. It's just a jumble of flavors. But it's fairly good.

Thickness: Average smoke. Not too thin, but it could have been thicker.

Buzz: Got a decent buzz from sharing two small bowls.

Overall: 7.5/10 Not a bad smoke at all. The flavor is somewhat unusual, and I have to be in the mood for it to enjoy a bowl.

• 6 months later...
I should note that these are the only 50g packs I've ever enjoyed. I've had samples from Layalina, Al Ajamy, Al Amir, Soex, and Al Waha, and they all seemed low quality. Al Amir especially... every flavor tastes the same.

New Romman Apple 50g sample

Cut: A thick and orderly cut -- possibly my favorite of any tobacco. There are very few small pieces, so it sits very nicely in the bowl and allows good airflow. Not too wet -- just perfect (slightly wetter than Nakhla.)

Smell: Smells strong of a sweet candy apple flavor. A few of my friends also agreed that it smelled like those strawberry candies with the strawberry goo inside. I suppose it could be a little more appley.

Taste: Very sweet, slight apple taste. It's alright on its own, goes great with Kashmir.

Smoke: Nice smoke, very thick with proper heat management.

Overall: 8/10 -- I really love how this stuff smokes -- in terms of flavor clarity and weight I'd put it above most other tobaccos. Perfect wetness -- I think that most "premium" tobaccos on the market these days use too much glycerin. I taste a difference when I smoke dryer tobaccos -- Nakhla, Pharaohs, and Romman all have a clearer flavor that I would suggest is less diluted by glycerin or other additives. Tangiers is just about right, too. Anyway, I gave it an 8/10 because the flavor itself is so-so on its own, but thoroughly enjoyable because of the quality of the smoke. Mixes GREAT with Kashmir -- very tasty.

New Romman Rose 50g sample

Cut: A thick and orderly cut -- possibly my favorite of any tobacco. There are very few small pieces, so it sits very nicely in the bowl and allows good airflow. Not too wet -- just perfect (slightly wetter than Nakhla.)

Smell: Strong rose scent. Also smells exactly like Japanese beetle traps, if you've ever smelled them... I guess they are rose scented, too.

Taste: Great rose taste. No other way to explain it, really... straight floral.

Smoke: Nice smoke, very thick with proper heat management.

Overall: 9/10 -- As I said above, I really love how this stuff smokes -- in terms of flavor clarity and weight I'd put it above most other tobaccos. Perfect wetness -- I think that most "premium" tobaccos on the market these days use too much glycerin. I taste a difference when I smoke dryer tobaccos -- Nakhla, Pharaohs, and Romman all have a clearer flavor that I would suggest is less diluted by glycerin or other additives. Tangiers is just about right, too. I gave it a 9/10 because the flavor itself doesn't really need any improvement -- a thoroughly enjoyable, high quality smoke. A great mixer -- don't use too much, it's a strong flavor. Edited by symptom CY

• 1 month later...
Romman Strawberry

Cut: A few stems, evenly cut, pretty decent wetness
Smell: Mmmm just like strawberries.. it was nice
Taste: Again, like strawberries... maybe more like a strawberry candy
Smoke: Nice thick clouds, slightly more than what I usually get

Overall: 9/10 - This stuff was really great, Romman flavors are always nice and smooth, great taste too. And it lasted for atleast an hour (Definitely could of gone for longer though)

Romman Apple

Cut: Same as above.
Smell: Not so much like apples.. definitely sweet, maybe a candy-ish smell
Taste: More like apples than the smell, still kind of candyish
Smoke: Very thick clouds, some of the best I've had

Overall: 9/10 - Though the flavor wasn't quite Apple it was still very good, and the flavor lasted throughout the whole smoke (Almost 2 hours). I will definitely be buying more flavors like this from Romman.

• 4 months later...
Romman Strawberry
Set Up - 30" mya hookah with a 1/2" cobra (literally) hose
Appearance/Cut - perfect. gooey, not drenched though, hardly any stems
Smell - Smells pretty damn good
Flavor - Not near what it smells like...was almost disappointed in this flavor
Smoke - No need for smoke to be any thicker than this stuff!
Buzz - pretty nice one.
Duration- 2 hours
Overall - 7/10. I've never had a good strawberry shisha...maybe strawberries aren't meant to be....

Romman Peach
Smell - Amazing amazing AMAZING smell!
Flavor - This is the best shisha I've ever smoked in my life...
Buzz - pretty nice one.
Duration- 2 hours
Overall - 10/10 It doesn't get much better than this folks!

Romman Cocktail
Smell - Smells like hawaiian punch
Flavor - very intense fruitness flavor, almost sickening!
Buzz - pretty nice one.
Duration- 2 hours
Overall - 9/10 Pretty damn good flavor overall

Romman Good Times
Smell - Smells somewhat strange. It's minty with a lot of fruity
Flavor - This flavor was pretty damn good tbh.
Buzz - pretty nice one.
Duration- 2 hours
Overall - 9/10 I'd buy this one again. They don't overpower the mint which is great.

Romman Chocolate
Smell - Smells beyond amazing, just like chocolate
Flavor - ASS. tastes disgusting by itself...I almost gagged. It almost tasted harsh all the time even though it wasn't burning.
Buzz - pretty nice one.
Duration- 10 minutes cause it tasted so gross lol
Overall - 5/10 horrible flavor on its own, however read cinnamon review below

Romman Cinnamon
Smell - Smells very strong...almost a burning cinnamon. I was afraid it was gonna be like eating a fireball.
Flavor - AMAZING. tastes like a gingerbread cookie or something...and it's even better if you do about 1/3 chocolate with 2/3 cinnamon!!!
Buzz - pretty nice one.
Duration- 2 hours
Overall - 10/10 I was pretty impressed.

• 5 months later...
ROMMAN: Double Apple

Hardware: Golden coals. 26" three hose rotator. Three cobra hoses. Ultimate combo bowl.

Base Liquid: Water and ice

Cut: Medium cut. Dark golden brown. Damp and sticky.

Aroma: Slight apple smell that was trying to push through the smell of anise. I was still hopefull.

Taste: Anise. Plain and simple. My friend and I smoked this for about 20 minutes and changed to Romman Lemon for some pallette cleansing.

Smoke: Above average

Buzz: Did not smoke long enough to get a buzz.

Duration: Can't judge the duration. I tossed it after 20 minutes.

Overall: 2/10 Two points for the smoke it produced.

ROMMAN: Lemon

Hardware: Golden coals. 26" three hose rotator. Three cobra hoses. Ultimate combo bowl.

Base Liquid: Water and ice

Cut: Some suprisingly large leaves. On average medium cut.

Aroma: Sweet lemon. Not quite true lemon but more natural lemon mixed with lemon candy.

Taste: Great. Smoked this a few times since the first smoke in response to the double apple. Sweet lemon as expected. The flavor is like the aroma. Natural lemon mixed with lemon candies. I really enjoyed this and will be getting more for mixing and as a stand alone flavor.

Smoke: Average Romman

Buzz: Present. Pleasant. Mellow.

Duration: About one hour to an hour and a half.

Overall: 9/10. Good smoke, though I would like to see some stronger clouds. Basically that is the only thing keeping this from being a 10 in my book.

• 2 months later...
Romman Peach

Setup: 29" Egyptian
Bowl: MNH Jet Funnel
Hose: Nammor hose
Screen/Foil: reynold's heavy duty
Liquid In base: ice & water

Cut: Medium cut with a few stems here and there, light brown in color and quite moist

Smell: It had nice sweet peach smell

Taste: The taste was decent it wasn't a candied peach. A little incosistent. It would come and go.

Smoke Thickness: Pretty clouds

Buzz: no noticable buzz

Duration: 2 coco naras one after the other. so about 1hr 45min

Overall: 7/10. This had a pretty good flavor it was a little inconsistent. The flavor kinda would come and go. I'm wanting to try AF peach to compare.

Romman Melon-Berry
Setup: 29" Egyptian
Bowl: MNH Jet Funnel
Hose: Nammor hose
Screen/Foil: reynold's heavy duty
Liquid In base: ice & water

Cut: Medium cut with a few stems here and there, light brown in color and quite moist

Smell: Smelled really good. It reminded me of a strawberry/watermelon jolly rancher candy

Taste: Just like a jolly rancher.

Smoke Thickness: Pretty thick cloude

Buzz: no noticable buzz

Duration: 2 coco naras one after the other. so about 1hr 45min

Overall: 8.5/10. This is a pretty good flavor. It reminds me of eating a jolly rancher. The price might still be somewhat of a turn off. Edited by OC4111

• 1 month later...
Romman Cinnamon

Set Up: Standard egyptian 29", regular clay bowl, foil, ice in the water

Appearance: Brown, fairly fine cut, few stems

Smell: Like a cinnamon toothpick...smells like it would be hot

Smoke: Nice, dense smoke

Taste: Fantastic. This is one fine flavor to mix with. I mixed it with some Nakhla Peach. The cinnamon lingered in my mouth in a wonderful way, especially on the tip of the tongue as others have pointed out. I mixed it 50/50 and it overpowered the peach, but at times tasted like I was eating a cinnamon bun. Really, really pleasant smoke. This may be one of my "staples" as well. If you like the flavor of cinnamon, you are gonna love this one.

Duration: Smoked it until I was buzzed plenty.

Buzz: Mixed with Nakhla it was fairly potent. Made me want to go take a nap.

Romman Good Times

Set Up: Standard egyptian 29", regular clay bowl, foil, ice in the water

Appearance: Brown, fine cut, very few stems, really moist and juicy

Smell: Kinda sharp, reminds me of orange bubblicious gum

Smoke: Good, fairly dense smoke

Taste: Tastes like spicy orange soda to me, kinda like the old Orange Crush. Where is the tobacco in this? No tobacco flavour at all.

Duration: Got a good 50 minutes or so with a little left over.

Buzz: Weak. Very little tingle anywhere.

Overall it was OK, I guess. The flavor was strong, but had no tobacco flavor at all, which I think would have made it better by adding some caramel notes to the flavor profile. I'm glad I only got 50 grams. If you don't like to taste tobacco at all, and you like spicy orange soda, then this stuff is really good. Edited by GreatPigHookah

• 2 years later...
Setup:32” Copper Lotus Kahlil Mamoon with Nammor Hose

Flavor: [color="#00FF00"][size=6]Romman Spearmint Gum[/size][/color]

Smell: like poppin open a pack of spearmint gum, fantsticness

Taste: just like chewing a stick of wriglys spearmint gum again i was really happy

Smoke: not to bad i think i messed up the heat, good smoke though

Buzz: not too bad

Overall experience: pretty damn good i would definatly say pick this up if u like spearmint

[size=5]9/10[/size]

Setup:32” Copper Lotus Kahlil Mamoon With Nammor Hose

Flavor: [color="#FF0000"][size=6]Romman Cocktail, Fruit punch[/size][/color]

Smell: in the container it was not good...but once i got into the packet itself it was really awsome, a day or two in my tupperware it was even better

Taste: holey moley this is easily surpassed my expectations, just like drinkin some Hawaiin Punch, awsome seriously good

Smoke: awsome clouds, blacked out my computer screen before i had expelled it all from my lungs

Buzz: I felt a pretty good buzz

Overall experience: Holey shit dude i definatly have another favorite, the flavor was great all the way through, good smoke, a bit of a buzz

[size=5]10/10[/size]